Netizens rage! Angry Farang locked Thai workers up in dog cage!

webfact

6 hours ago, Momofarang said:

Know this guy, total nutcase. Google "The Sound of animals". Met him 7 years ago, he was raving about his love of dogs, some friends living in the Prakhonchai area say he used to go around to feed the strays. Which makes him a nuisance that should be sent back to his homeland. But he developed his "Go fund me" to the extent where he employs about 10 people to take care of hundreds of dogs. There will be some nice work for the authorities who let the situation develop...

got to agree with you on this one.  I have met smart guys like this before.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ScottyL said:

It’s ThaiVisa what do you expect? I looked up the story on Facebook and it’s no where near as big as they say. Social Media is not exactly blowing up about it. So they wrote this big article with the catchy title and there’s no one actually saying they were imprisoned? It’s a story about a dbag boss that went a lot overboard basically is what it sounds like. 

Click bait from TV.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Kaitangsou said:

Asians in general, and Thais in particular, do not like Farang showing up how awful they treat animals and the environment in general...Thailand one of the Top 5 plastic pulluters in whole world...do they eat dogs, same as Vietnamese, Chinese and Koreans???

They do in my village even though it is illegal. I hear them talk about, never have seen it though. I'm not sure I would not know what it looked like

Edited by PilotBill

7 hours ago, Momofarang said:

Know this guy, total nutcase. Google "The Sound of animals". Met him 7 years ago, he was raving about his love of dogs, some friends living in the Prakhonchai area say he used to go around to feed the strays. Which makes him a nuisance that should be sent back to his homeland. But he developed his "Go fund me" to the extent where he employs about 10 people to take care of hundreds of dogs. There will be some nice work for the authorities who let the situation develop...

And you, what have you done to help animals ? So why not keep it shut ?! Your parents didn't teach you anything ?

• Sad 2

6 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

I know a couple of people over that way who have had experiences  with him. Nothing  good. Apparently he has no income other than by skimming some of the charity's  funds. Many of the  locals apparently despise him and  have some quite horrifying stories about him. Also was/is in the habit  of claiming he is a qualified  Medical Doctor but denies it in moments of  official trouble.

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/french-expat-says-he-saves-thai-dogs-critics-all-him-doctor-death/

How can you keep repeating this BS as all the idiots born here ?!

Never trying to be smarter ?!

4 hours ago, keith101 said:

If its that bad they can quit anytime , they're not being forced to work their and pretty much mostly only have one dog to take care of so not exactly overworked are they .

I can only imagine how much time they spend sitting around talking/smoking like most Thai workers you see everywhere around the country .

so true ! these lazy idiots should not get 10000/month.

3 hours ago, BestB said:

Story is very incomplete. He is accused of killing dogs for no reason. 22 known cases,accused of being a fraud , pretending to be a vet , mistreatment of animals .

accused of tax evasion , refusing to show books to all donors. Had to pay and did pay 1.8 baht in tax just last week. 

... said the guy who plan to teach to Thai how to do business with him...

ridiculous

2 minutes ago, gamesgplayemail said:

How can you keep repeating this BS as all the idiots born here ?!

Never trying to be smarter ?!

Excuse me? What bs? This individual has antagonized near all who have met him. Few  would say that is because because  he feeds dogs. But many have reason to question his primary motivation.

Verbatim  information recieved: 2 years ago this guy owed money all over the district and got  nasty at another French guy because he refused to lend him. Shop owners were trying to find him  to collect on credit that they stupidly gave him because he put across the image of  being good for it.

So given that as given  fact and that now he can pay 1.8 million for  tax?

There is  more to his  background that people know and it is  not a pretty picture.

I can agree some of the  comments here are  not really appropriate  but I object to being  called an idiot. Ok?

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, ScottyL said:

It’s ThaiVisa what do you expect? I looked up the story on Facebook and it’s no where near as big as they say. Social Media is not exactly blowing up about it. So they wrote this big article with the catchy title and there’s no one actually saying they were imprisoned? It’s a story about a dbag boss that went a lot overboard basically is what it sounds like. 

It's because this forum belongs to an influential blogger (in his dreams!) 5555+

8 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Yes we should all believe what someone posts, especially without credible evidence, ahhhhh social media, by the way, I am a male and 6 months pregnant, there you heard it here on TVF first ????

Wow mate your the first male I have heard to be 6 months pregnant same as Michaelwife your a tool.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Barry343 said:

Wow mate your the first male I have heard to be 6 months pregnant same as Michaelwife your a tool.

Looking at the likes on my post, you certainly are the odd one out, or is that "tool", looks like my post went straight over the top, as they say, some are thicker than others.

Have a nice day....next tool !

• Like 1

This was just on the channel 8 news :

According to my gf the workers were happy working there and satisfied with their salaries, old frenchie wanted them to spend 1 to 2 hours every day in the cage with the dogs and would pay them more.

Whether he actually forced them in or locked them in was not mentioned and the report was deemed to be a bit of a joke by the reporters .

Police were present during the report but no mention of any action to be taken .

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, gamesgplayemail said:

so true ! these lazy idiots should not get 10000/month.

Do you know these "lazy idiots" personally? I am no Thai apologist, but you are just as bad as the Thais tarring all farangs with the same brush!

And where do you get the 10,000 baht a month? :-

"The Amarin report suggested that the workers were paid in excess of 10,000 baht."

Can't see any indication of time scale there - maybe it's a day or a week or a year - maybe it's a "contract" job. Maybe you will enlighten us as you seem to know the "lazy idiots" involved!!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

don't they work in the dog pound with the dogs and the pound doors are kept closed to stop the dogs getting out, not defending the owner or his wife but perhaps until we hear from the owner maybe there's a little colourful reporting going on

• Like 1