New Year Ready Steady GO! Police mobilized, Ministry's 3 pronged plan and the DLT "report line"

webfact

New Year Ready Steady GO! Police mobilized, Ministry's 3 pronged plan and the DLT "report line"

5pm.jpg

Picture: Naew Na

Thailand is once again gearing up for the annual carnage on the roads at New Year. 

The police have been mobilized, the transport ministry have instigated a three pronged plan and the DLT are chipping in with a plan to encourage the public to report bad driving with rewards. 

Naew Na reported that 74,000 police nationwide are being mobilized. 

They will be looking out for ten offences in particular: speeding, going the wrong way, not following traffic signs, not wearing seatbelts, having no licence, poor overtaking, no wearing helmets, using phones while driving, riding illegally adapted motorcycles and drunk driving. 

Alcohol checkpoints are being set up and there will be a crackdown on shops selling alcohol to make sure they are not breaking the law. 

Transport minister Saksayam Chidchob said through his spokeswoman that the ministry have a three period masterplan. 

They will get ready from now until the 25th.

They will provide assistance during the "deadly days" themselves from the 26th to January 2nd. 

Then from the 3rd of January to the 9th they will see what they have learned. 

Meanwhile the Department of Land Transport have urged the public to report bad driving and promised 50% of fines. The public can call a number to do that. 

Source: Naew Na

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-12-23

8 minutes ago, webfact said:

Meanwhile the Department of Land Transport have urged the public to report bad driving and promised 50% of fines. The public can call a number to do that. 

A few hours on the phone from the road side, and one could become a millionaire !

Providing the offenders don't get away with paying the R.T.P. a backhander, to turn a blind eye, as per usual. 

5 hours ago, webfact said:

They will be looking out for ten offences in particular: speeding, going the wrong way, not following traffic signs, not wearing seatbelts, having no licence, poor overtaking, no wearing helmets, using phones while driving, riding illegally adapted motorcycles and drunk driving.

I don't think they will be disappointed, that's what 99% of Thais drive like on a daily basis!

8 hours ago, webfact said:

And the driving license ???
If you can get out of traffic even 20% of drivers without a license would already be a big plus!
Who checks that the cops do their job and sober too?

Looks like in that picture they are getting ready to go to war. Its all for show. All those things they are looking for speeding, going the wrong way etc Thais do that everyday:cheesy: I can see the Thai driver shaking in their boots now Oh they forgot another favourite Thais do Running red lights but that is just a minor detail  is that right? I was thinking maybe they should issue the cops with glasses because I can see Thai drivers break all these rules every day and they never get pulled up doing them So happy motoring guys I am staying home because i dont want to be a statistic over the holiday period

Archived