Thai police unveil the answer to the New Year carnage: The Dummy Car

webfact

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well another bad idea to avoid working!
I have done many kilometers in Thailand, I have seen real police cars stopped on the side of the road and even on the road, I have never seen any Thai slow down or change the way of driving.
This country is populated mostly by small and large children who always like to play!

A dummy's car...any car driven by a Thai who doesn't have a license, insurance and MOT/is drunk/has bald tyres and no brakes/is overloaded to the point of suspension collapse/intends to run away after an accident caused by his bad driving, especially if there is loss of life*

* delete as appropriate (if at all).

Well, yet another dummy idea by the authorities - stupidity seems to have gone overboard in the LoS. 

IF, repeat IF the police would be doing their job they are paid for they would do breathalyzer checks, impound the car on the spot and release it against a cash payment fine of say THB 10'000. Car would have to be collected within 48 hours, otherwise a daily parking fee of another THB 1'000 would apply.

That at least is how such problems would be dealt with in the normal world resulting in a carnage all over Europe which is smaller than in the LoS alone. 

But ordering another 10'000 dummy cars with real flashes of course makes another few people filthy rich while hundreds of people will die and thousands will get injured because of some drunk d1ckheads combined with the police NOT doing the job! 

Go figure! 

4 hours ago, outsider said:

"Pol Col Ekkarat said that the dummies (the cars) were used by police forces all round the world."

That's true.

But in Thailand, they ALSO use dummies for the police force.

Not in Australia, !

All Thai people will tell you: New Year is the period during which police gives the most fines... for getting a New Year bonus.

The "dummies" will therefore have a dangerous negative effect, by pushing motorists to accelerate to avoid to pay the bribe !

On 12/23/2019 at 12:29 PM, webfact said:

highway police have come up with a cunning way

that the dummies (the cars) were used by police forces all round the world. 

I am a bit confused - if these dummy cars are used around the world then the highway police didn't 'come up' with the idea. 

To complete the illusion that the police are actually doing their job comes a flashing light. 

I love the writer's sense of humour.

All Thailand knows that cops are self-serving, lazy, corrupt bandits who do nothing to lower the daily casualty figures and/or crime stats.

5 minutes ago, mikebell said:

I love the writer's sense of humour.

All Thailand knows that cops are self-serving, lazy, corrupt bandits who do nothing to lower the daily casualty figures and/or crime stats.

I see them daily on the  7 motorway pulling over pickups loaded with people in the back.

Archived