A Shout out advice to Gentlemen club owners

baansgr

11 hours ago, baansgr said:

150 baht drink would have their attention for ten minutes or so.....seriously a club rhyming with rush had 12 girls half asleep..no interaction or anything,...anyway just trying to enlighten owners why no one goes to their places anymore.

So you did offer to buy them a drink or you did not? 

Some places they get told not to overly pester the customers, and they find it hard to get the balance right. 

Few places where the girls give you their time for 20 minutes without you ponying up for a drink. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, baansgr said:

150 baht drink would have their attention for ten minutes or so.....seriously a club rhyming with rush had 12 girls half asleep..no interaction or anything,...anyway just trying to enlighten owners why no one goes to their places anymore.

150 baht for a drink in a club is peanuts.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

150 baht for a drink in a club is peanuts.

No it's not, it's $7 oz or Canuck. Not cheap. But when you are going to 5-6 bars a night. And some don't wish to barfine, it adds up. Especially if you are there for months, .no problem if you are interested in the gal and wish to leave with her.

but for the sake of buying every gal a drink, it adds up.

prices have crept up to the tipping point, 

catch 22, they hassled us for drinks, I'm not going back

no one paid attention to me, I'm. T going back.

perhaps if you saw someone you liked, call her over and buy her a drink.

no. Ind readers there.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ron jeremy said:

No it's not, it's $7 oz or Canuck. Not cheap. But when you are going to 5-6 bars a night. And some don't wish to barfine, it adds up. Especially if you are there for months, .no problem if you are interested in the gal and wish to leave with her.

no. Ind readers there.

For people from countries who's currencies have fallen a lot compared to the Thai THB it is expensive, for others it isn't. There are clubs here that charge 600 ++ for a drink.

Maybe it's not them but you and your friends. Are you in any way physically appealing to women? I mean seriously and not what YOU see in the mirror. Overweight in any way? Did you bath before going out? If you had money to spend then the only explanation to you and your friends being ignored is that the women weren't interested. The reason will remain a mystery.

• Haha 1

On 12/24/2019 at 5:00 PM, Ron jeremy said:

no. Ind readers there.

Are you talking about a gogo or just a club with no entertainment? When I went to a gogo I didn't want girls sitting with me just to get the lady drink price and I was looking at the entertainment. I don't see the point of a club with no entertainment.

IMO Thais have never been able to run a decent bar beer or gogo. Their idea was to put a stage in a big room have some girls slouch around a pole and hassle customers for a drink, all the while with horrible noise that the DJ liked and far too loud.

The successful ones had farang managers, and some shows as well as just pole slouching. The best one in Bkk was Hollywood Royale, but a few years back it changed it's name and now it's rubbish.

• Like 2

On 12/23/2019 at 8:24 PM, SteveK said:

150 baht used to be 2 quid, no problem. No it's almost 4 quid. Big difference.

That is a seriously low price...........in Patong they want to charge you 250 baht for a thimble full of tequila, and the cheap stuff at that.

On 12/24/2019 at 11:00 AM, Ron jeremy said:

no. Ind readers there.

You are correct with current exchange rate it’s not cheap but local prices have not changed much. Bottle of alcohol still cost the sane for the biz, so is rent and wages. Yes they could reduce the price to cater for falling exchange rates but business costs have not gone down because of exchange rate. Say bottle of jack cost over 1000 baht now and it cost over 1000 before.

Some guys get confused between a bar and a gentleman’s club . Gentleman clubs are not for drinking , it’s to have a drink , chose and girl and off yo the room. 

So busyness is not how many punters are sitting drinking but how many paying 300 baht to use a room for 20-30 mins????

gogo bars are no longer for finding female company but for eye candy and some hands on action if you buy drinks . Bat fines are high because they want girls to stay in the bar selling drinks 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/25/2019 at 9:39 PM, BestB said:

Gentleman clubs are not for drinking , it’s to have a drink , chose and girl and off yo the room. 

i like the gentleman's clubs because they are enclosed, air conditioned, and generally, nicer places. 

They are out of the heat, dust, noise, pollution, and no street hawkers bothering you. 

Many times I go inside to just drink a few and relax.  Sure, I have bought some lady drinks, but they are not strictly about going upstairs. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

In some places that's frowned upon along with cockblockers

Well, you know the famous saying here, "You never miss out on the girl, you just miss out on your turn." ????

Maybe some cockblocking is good for these businesses.  It ensures interested parties attend right at opening time.  ???? 

• Like 1