A Shout out advice to Gentlemen club owners

baansgr

I have been to such Gentlemen Clubs in this area a few times.  Not once had I walked in properly dressed. 

I only had a partially wet and dirty swim wear and T-shirt and towel on my neck, that had been after my swimming session at the beach  

Every time,  I was treated fair and fine.  No  problem whatsoever,  and I can pick any hostess I like. 

The Gentlemen Clubs/ G-clubs in Bangkok are different stories.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sscc said:

I have been to such Gentlemen Clubs in this area a few times.  Not once had I walked in properly dressed. 

I only had a partially wet and dirty swim wear and T-shirt and towel on my neck, that had been after my swimming session at the beach  

Every time,  I was treated fair and fine.  No  problem whatsoever,  and I can pick any hostess I like. 

The Gentlemen Clubs/ G-clubs in Bangkok are different stories.  

You actually swim in the beach water here?  ????

Edited by Leaver

13 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

The definition is, a guy who sits with a girl wasting her time and not bar fining her and blocking other guys from bar fining

lol if I want to sit with a girl buying her the odd drink I certainly will even if its packed out. Surely she'll not sit with you too long if you're not buying a drink anyway  ?  Cock blocking lol. I've heard some rubbish this last 30 odd years but never heard that one !  Can only assume the word had originated in the mind of Pattayas simply greatest entrepreneur on soi 6  ????????

So under this ludicrous new regime you can only enter any bar and sit with a girl (or VV) if you intend to BF her !!

Cockblocking thats made my Sunday....????????

Edited by Chivas
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Chivas said:

So under this ludicrous new regime you can only enter any bar and sit with a girl (or VV) if you intend to BF her !!

Have you ever been at a beer bar, talking to a girl, and seen some other guy keep looking your way awaiting his opportunity? I have and apparently  I was a cockblocker... personally I felt I was at the head of the queue. 

Edited by jacko45k

4 hours ago, yogi100 said:

Several of my friends with smart phone awareness do exactly that. Who can blame them with prices in the bars the way they are now as well as the value of the baht. For us British paying four or five quid (150 - 220 B) or even more for a lady drink in any Thai gogo bar is ludicrous especially when it's coloured water that they slurp down in two or three swallows. Even in the beer bars a LD is around three and a half to four quid (140 - 160 B)

A friend of mine has been in Pattaya two months now and has not taken a single girl from a bar. While he and I were out one night he spotted several girls he recognised from Thai Friendly. When he mentioned it to them they confirmed his conclusion.

Another friend has visited Phuket and Samui. He's says it's even more dire there than it is in Pattaya.

That's probably why so many girls are constantly staring into their phones. They're lining up their next mark for the evening.

But it's killing the atmosphere that Pattaya used to be famous for. When the current high season is over some bars are going to be going to the wall.

Many punters come to Pattaya for girls, they don't travel thousands of miles to spend extortionate amounts of money getting ripped off in gogo bars.

The Walking Street GGBs must be really struggling. Few of the hordes of Chinese and Indians you see in that thoroughfare ever go in GGBs let alone spend any money in them.

It's not about being a Cheap Charlie.  There's some pretty girls on the apps.

A lot of the girls are making more money freelancing than they were working in a bar, probably because of the reluctance to buy lady drinks and pay bar fines by many tourists these days, which is probably an affordability issue. 

A lot of the girls still working in the bars, and on their phones, are finding out they have had to turn down customers, because they are not going to their bar to see them to pay the bar's prices.  The girls soon realize they are better off freelancing.  Probably why there are not many pretty ones in the bars these days.   

I still buy the occasional lady drink, but the days of lady drinks and bar fines are coming to an end.  

Edited by Leaver
  • Like 2

On 1/20/2020 at 12:01 PM, jacko45k said:

Have you ever been at a beer bar, talking to a girl, and seen some other guy keep looking your way awaiting his opportunity? I have and apparently  I was a cockblocker... personally I felt I was at the head of the queue. 

This has happened to me several times.

I ask the girl if she knows him.  If she says yes, I ask how much does he pay you?  Many times it's a tourist, paying ridiculous money.  I then tell her I will check bin now, so he can see I am leaving.  I tell her to go and tell him, when she is coming back with the change, that she will be with him soon because I did not pay the bar fine.  We finish the drink together, I wish her good luck and tell her I will come back and see her another time, and I leave.  They have all been appreciative for this.  

A couple of times I have practically been begged by the girl to bar fine them, because they don't want to go with the other guy again.  ???? 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Leaver said:

This has happened to me several times.

I ask the girl if she knows him.  If she says yes, I ask how much does he pay you?  Many times it's a tourist, paying ridiculous money.  I then tell her I will check bin now, so he can see I am leaving.  I tell her to go and tell him, when she is coming back with the change, that she will be with him soon because I did not pay the bar fine.  We finish the drink together, I wish her good luck and tell her I will come back and see her another time, and I leave.  They have all been appreciative for this.  

A couple of times I have practically been begged by the girl to bar fine them, because they don't want to go with the other guy again.  ???? 

Twice in the last 2 weeks I have been asked by a girl if she could leave me to go sit with another customer who she knew wanted to barfine her. Not a problem for me.

I have also twice barfined girls so that another customer couldn't barfine them. On both occasions the customers were arabs who the girls knew an were aware that they would be abused, hurt even, if they went with that customer. On one occasion, a young arab insisted on hassling the girl even after I'd barfined her. Had to threaten him with some physicals before he would leave her alone.

16 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Twice in the last 2 weeks I have been asked by a girl if she could leave me to go sit with another customer who she knew wanted to barfine her. Not a problem for me.

I have also twice barfined girls so that another customer couldn't barfine them. On both occasions the customers were arabs who the girls knew an were aware that they would be abused, hurt even, if they went with that customer. On one occasion, a young arab insisted on hassling the girl even after I'd barfined her. Had to threaten him with some physicals before he would leave her alone.

Arab man, Bad.

DannyCarlton, night in shining armor ????

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Arab man, Bad.

DannyCarlton, night in shining armor ????

I've lived in an arab country. I have arab relatives. i know what they are like.

(K)night in shining armour? That's for others to judge but I'm happy with the title. On one occasion I took the benefit of the barfine, on the other occasion the girl returned the barfine to me later, out of her own pocket.

At the risk of someone accusing me of trolling either Girls in whatever style of bar are happy to be sat with me or I'm the most unobservant fella of 4 decades of experience. I've never ever had an issue with others over "cockblocking"  ????????

Cmon who came up with that adjective !   Nah you're trolling here !

On 12/24/2019 at 7:17 AM, FritsSikkink said:

For people from countries who's currencies have fallen a lot compared to the Thai THB it is expensive, for others it isn't. There are clubs here that charge 600 ++ for a drink.

Only Russian bars in walking street are expensive

10 minutes ago, Chivas said:

At the risk of someone accusing me of trolling either Girls in whatever style of bar are happy to be sat with me or I'm the most unobservant fella of 4 decades of experience. I've never ever had an issue with others over "cockblocking"  ????????

Commonly used in Pattaya. Girls are there to maximise their earnings. If you have no intention of barfining the girl, you can't expect them to spurn the chance of 1k baht upwards to keep you happy. It's a business.

51 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Perhaps you should brush up on your observation skills.   ????

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cockblocking&page=2

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, DannyCarlton said:

On one occasion, a young arab insisted on hassling the girl even after I'd barfined her. Had to threaten him with some physicals before he would leave her alone.

An experienced monger would have said to the Arab, "I'll leave without her, if you give me 2000 baht."  ????

• Haha 2

lol thats another term I do know but it appalls me frankly the term "monger"

I come on holiday to Pattaya (or wherever) for sun sea food entertainment and hot lazy days. Now if there happens to be ladies and I occasionally indulge that is an added bonus. That doesn't make me or anyone else a "monger"

Again I'd ask who coined that quite offensive phrase. This time I'm not joking either.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

No, a monger with zero morals and zero sensitivity would do that. Not the kind of monger I would associate with.

I thought you were a hard core monger, Danny.  I'm afraid you have lost some credibility with me.  ????

3 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Now if there happens to be ladies and I occasionally indulge that is an added bonus. That doesn't make me or anyone else a "monger"

Sorry, Chivas.  That makes you a "junior monger" or "apprentice monger."  ????

The only way back now is to undergo intensive "monger cold turkey."  This usually involves getting married, which leads to life long chronic suffering for the addict.  ????

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Sorry, Chivas.  That makes you a "junior monger" or "apprentice monger."  ????

The only way back now is to undergo intensive "monger cold turkey."  This usually involves getting married, which leads to life long chronic suffering for the addict.  ????

Nearly 30 years of indulging probably puts me mariginally higher than apprentice stakes  ????

More like a colossal........(no I dont need any warnings lol) ????

3 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

And you have with me. I would never treat anyone like dirt. Even a bar girl.

But the mamasan's are nice.  Right?  No different to what I said and what they do, 365 days of the year here.  I see, the problem is, I am taking the job of a Thai.  ????

BTW, I was joking in that post.  ????

Just now, Leaver said:

But the mamasan's are nice.  Right?  No different to what I said and what they do, 365 days of the year here.  I see, the problem is, I am taking the job of a Thai.  ????

BTW, I was joking in that post.  ????

Major backpedalling. Too late, your card's marked. 555

2 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Nearly 30 years of indulging probably puts me mariginally higher than apprentice stakes  ????

More like a colossal........(no I dont need any warnings lol) ????

Yet, you have never noticed the guys staring at you, and your new friend, in a bar.  You have caused a lot of customer frustration over 30 years.  ????

• Like 1

On 12/23/2019 at 5:27 PM, BritManToo said:

Should have ordered more than a coke and four straws.

First line when walk in the door "do you have any drink specials". 

The girls have probably learned the key phrases by heart. 

11 minutes ago, Leaver said:

But the mamasan's are nice.  Right?  No different to what I said and what they do, 365 days of the year here.

No, there are some disgusting mamasans here. My local bar on the Darkside has a policy of minimum 10 barfines/month. Girls are paid 5000 baht salary. They are deducted 500 baht for every barfine not achieved. 10 barfines=5000 baht, 0 barfines=0 salary. I've seen the same mamasan forcing a new girl on a customer that she clearly didn't want to go with. A week later the girl dissappeared. They treat the girls very badly and have a very high turnover of staff.