A Shout out advice to Gentlemen club owners

baansgr

If you are in Pattaya and a guy, there is a 90% chance (likely higher) that you are a monger and like to pay for sex.  There is really no other reason to think otherwise.  If people look at you like a sex tourist, well, you knew that before you went....and you went......if you really worried about the word "monger" or "sex tourist" or "loser" or "aids carrier" or whatever, you would never go to Pattaya.  But you knew and you went...

I live in Pattaya and I'm the exception, I go for the beach and bird sounds.  yea, OK....

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Leaver said:

A couple of times I have practically been begged by the girl to bar fine them, because they don't want to go with the other guy again.  ???? 

They need to learn a short English word!

48 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

No, there are some disgusting mamasans here. My local bar on the Darkside has a policy of minimum 10 barfines/month. Girls are paid 5000 baht salary. They are deducted 500 baht for every barfine not achieved. 10 barfines=5000 baht, 0 barfines=0 salary. I've seen the same mamasan forcing a new girl on a customer that she clearly didn't want to go with. A week later the girl dissappeared. They treat the girls very badly and have a very high turnover of staff.

That's just another day at the office for many mamasans here. 

• Like 1

sounds like a very humiliating experience. at least he was not drinking alone.

i have had this happen to me on countless occassions. these days, unless i am willing to spread a lot of money around, i just relax with a campari and oj on my balcony.

On 1/19/2020 at 1:36 PM, Chivas said:

What the hell is a cockblocker ????????????

anybody who is making it hard for you to get off. some good examples are:

a mate who comes and sits with you when your with a girl and keeps talking all the time

a security guy who acts weird and makes it uncomfortable to enter your condo building when your with a new female guest

other guys around in veneral when you are trying to get laid (ill make an exception for a single well known wing man for guys who are shy)

its a legit term and very common experience on the dating and nightlife scene.

• Haha 2

On 1/24/2020 at 2:53 PM, samsensam said:

what a depressing thread. i've never had the inclination, or frankly, the need to explore the bar world here. thank goodness

The low lifes though have made it cheap for knock-off hi-sos like ourselves to live here - same for the Russians. We need to thank them with a regal wave as we watch them frolicking with Isaan farm girls in their tawdry bars as we whisk past them in air conditioned limousine comfort to our Jomtien tower blocks. Scurrying back to our desktops to pass judgement on our fellow man in the Land of Smiles. 

Edited by URMySunshine
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, fhickson said:

anybody who is making it hard for you to get off.

I would strongly recommend a quality smile, nice clothing, hair and a suntan.....oh and dont paint your arms in green  ????????

You'll not need to worry about cockblockers at that point lol

On 12/23/2019 at 1:05 PM, baansgr said:

150 baht drink would have their attention for ten minutes or so.....seriously a club rhyming with rush had 12 girls half asleep..no interaction or anything,...anyway just trying to enlighten owners why no one goes to their places anymore.

Maybe you should try another channel to reach them. I don´t think the owners of gentlemen clubs gives a 5h1t about what you write on Thai Visa. ????????????????

55 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Maybe you should try another channel to reach them. I don´t think the owners of gentlemen clubs gives a 5h1t about what you write on Thai Visa. ????????????????

They should worry as it's an uphill struggle to make a success of these places and bad press is bad press

Yes, everybody takes the harsh complaints from the most highly esteemed TV-forum very seriously. ????

The biggest chance is that they will see it as an alcoholic guy that constantly cheats on his wife or girlfriend, that was not at all happy with the service. The fact is that nobody care about such complaints.

Edited by Matzzon

20 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Yes, everybody takes the harsh complaints from the most highly esteemed TV-forum very seriously. ????

The biggest chance is that they will see it as an alcoholic guy that constantly cheats on his wife or girlfriend, that was not at all happy with the service. The fact is that nobody care about such complaints.

I'm confused. I thought the bars and gentlemen clubs were dependent on customers consuming alcohol and desiring sex. If those types of customers are unhappy with the service, who is going to visit these establishments...?

1 minute ago, androokery said:

I'm confused. I thought the bars and gentlemen clubs were dependent on customers consuming alcohol and desiring sex. If those types of customers are unhappy with the service, who is going to visit these establishments...?

Yes they are, but they probably do not see TV-forum like the most reliable source of information regarding their status in the business.

Nevermind! Stay confused.

On 1/24/2020 at 6:48 AM, Chivas said:

At the risk of someone accusing me of trolling either Girls in whatever style of bar are happy to be sat with me or I'm the most unobservant fella of 4 decades of experience. I've never ever had an issue with others over "cockblocking"  ????????

Cmon who came up with that adjective !   Nah you're trolling here !

I'm pretty sure it's not an adjective.

To cockblock - a verb

A cockblocker - a noun

I'm guessing here, but an adjective based on this word would maybe be "cockblocky". The adverb: "cockblockily". But these forms don't get much use ???? 

2 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Allow me to make it simple for any bar or gentleman club owners who may read TV, and I am sure many do, on one simple point.

If your music is so loud that I have to yell my drink order to staff, who are only 1 meter away, I will not even bother.  I will turn around and walk out, and yes, I will tell my friends about it, who also dislike this. 

Do you think if we took a TV poll on the above, and loud music was a dislike of the majority, an owner would accept that as feedback from TV members? 

Nope!

It´s about same as when people complaining about visa issues. There is no power in those complaints either. Just see it as a fun place to voice your opinion, as nobody that you think would be affected of it will give a rats.

Edited by Matzzon
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Allow me to make it simple for any bar or gentleman club owners who may read TV, and I am sure many do, on one simple point.

If your music is so loud that I have to yell my drink order to staff, who are only 1 meter away, I will not even bother.  I will turn around and walk out, and yes, I will tell my friends about it, who also dislike this. 

Do you think if we took a TV poll on the above, and loud music was a dislike of the majority, an owner would accept that as feedback from TV members? 

They may be inspired by the gogo bars in Patong where the music is so loud that not even screaming your order helps and you're not allowed to open your phone for communication/translation purposes. 

29 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Nope!

It´s about same as when people complaining about visa issues. There is no power in those complaints either. Just see it as a fun place to voice your opinion, as nobody that you think would be affected of it will give a rats.

What a load of rubbish.

You are now comparing a Thai government department with a private business. 

This clip was posted by another member, in another thread, recently.

Fast Forward and watch from 4:45 - 5:45. 

He says he spoke to people.  The music in the bar was too loud.  Probably one of the reasons it went broke. 

Edited by Leaver

29 minutes ago, androokery said:

They may be inspired by the gogo bars in Patong where the music is so loud that not even screaming your order helps and you're not allowed to open your phone for communication/translation purposes. 

Look at the success of The Scooter Bars around Pattaya.  No blaring music in them, but loud enough to enjoy the tunes. 

They should take some inspiration from them.  Yes, rocket science, I know.  

52 minutes ago, Leaver said:

What a load of rubbish.

You are now comparing a Thai government department with a private business. 

This clip was posted by another member, in another thread, recently.

He says he spoke to people.  The music in the bar was too loud.  Probably one of the reasons it went broke. 

Yes, thank you. I had the patience to listen to the guy for 30 seconds. After that a saw that he was going to bladder for over 13 minutes. ????

48 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Look at the success of The Scooter Bars around Pattaya.  No blaring music in them, but loud enough to enjoy the tunes. 

They should take some inspiration from them.  Yes, rocket science, I know.  

Yes, you are right. You should be a front pillar for all the gentlemen clubs in Thailand, because that was the focus on the thread, right? Just because you seem to take this <deleted> so very serious. Thanks, you made my day! ????????????

5 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Yes, thank you. I had the patience to listen to the guy for 30 seconds. After that a saw that he was going to bladder for over 13 minutes. ????

Yes, you are right. You should be a front pillar for all the gentlemen clubs in Thailand, because that was the focus on the thread, right? Just because you seem to take this <deleted> so very serious. Thanks, you made my day! ????????????

You need to give bar owners more credit.  They are smart guys.  ????

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Leaver said:

wonder how much of that is disgruntled employees?

even thais know music is too loud when people are complaining and avoiding the place.

3 hours ago, fhickson said:

wonder how much of that is disgruntled employees?

even thais know music is too loud when people are complaining and avoiding the place.

Are you suggesting sabotage?  If so, that can only happen when the owner is not present so much, which means it's a free for all for the staff, mainly with theft. 

4 hours ago, Leaver said:

Are you suggesting sabotage?  If so, that can only happen when the owner is not present so much, which means it's a free for all for the staff, mainly with theft. 

its either sabotage, or an employee or owner who dont know dick fiddle, or a combo of all the above.