I Lost Over 100 Kilos, And Here Is How I Did It!

Ajarn

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good on you. I like that peace symbol at the bottom of the pool.

I lost the most weight ever (but nothing like even 50 pounds) down when I swam two or more hours every day and was too busy to eat. Now I'm back up to one hour per day of swimming, but with way too much to eat.

Swimming also exchanges some fat tissue for muscle tissue.

Swimming is an excellent way to exercise, esp for those who have disabilities or are extremely overweight. It is highly unlikely (or even possible) for an extremely obese person to go jogging or other similar kinds of cardio routines. But swimming is very highly doable. Wish I could get my dad to do it but he isn't so lucky as Ajarn as to have a lap pool in his front yard. (and he is a stubborn man --doesn't like to listen to his daughters :D )

Great idea, and nice garden there too. :o

once i lost 25 kilos in a fraction of a second when i dropped a bag of gravel which i was carrying.

If you dont have anything useful to contribute to this forum i suggest you refrain from posting.

Swimming is an excellent way to exercise, esp for those who have disabilities or are extremely overweight. It is highly unlikely (or even possible) for an extremely obese person to go jogging or other similar kinds of cardio routines. But swimming is very highly doable. Wish I could get my dad to do it but he isn't so lucky as Ajarn as to have a lap pool in his front yard. (and he is a stubborn man --doesn't like to listen to his daughters :D )

Yep, sbk, you're right. I am both obese (though not any more!!) and I have a disabilty making walking for me very difficult. But in a pool, I am a whole man again, and that feels great!

The best decision I ever made in my life was to build this pool. Not too expensive, either. About 200,000 baht for a 'California' pool. Saved my life.. seriously.

Edited by Ajarn

Sorry ajahn but you didn't say how long it took.

Did you try lots of things first or was this your first serious attempt?

I would love to lose about 10KG but I am finding it impossible.

Edited by garro

It took me 2 years to lose the weight, and one month to build the pool.

I would say this was my first serious attempt at losing weight.. Earlier in my life I never had a serious problem with being fat, but, in 2001, I had a stroke while driving through malaysia with my wife which left me unable to use my left hand, and unable to walk. That was my motivation. Mainly the issue surrounding weght loss is your personal discipline. I finally got some. :o

Edited by Ajarn

frontyard.jpg

One hour per day, combined with Less of everything I love to eat, but I still eat it. :o

Inspirational story Ajarn. You inspired me to get in the pool this morning for the first time in 25 years (for more than a splash). 1hr, 25m x 40 lengths. It wasn't pretty, but tomorrow will be better I'm sure. Thanks. :D

Yep, sbk, you're right. I am both obese (though not any more!!) and I have a disabilty making walking for me very difficult. But in a pool, I am a whole man again, and that feels great!

The best decision I ever made in my life was to build this pool. Not too expensive, either. About 200,000 baht for a 'California' pool. Saved my life.. seriously.

Wish I could introduce you to my dad :D He has knee problems (knee replacement surgery in one knee left him with a permanent case of staph infection so he can't get a knee replacement in the other knee) and is obese as well as suffering emphysema. Seems like your story could be an inspiration to him. Perhaps when I get home this year I'll point him in the direction of this forum and your story :D

I lost 20+ Kilos in the LOS from the food and walking. When I read stories like this it does inspire you just like lannarebirth said. Congrats on the change, even with 10 kilo off I remember how liberating it felt. You did something almost everyone promises to do and never does :o

I would say this was my first serious attempt at losing weight.. Earlier in my life I never had a serious problem with being fat, but, in 2001, I had a stroke while driving through malaysia with my wife which left me unable to use my left hand, and unable to walk. That was my motivation. Mainly the issue surrounding weght loss is your personal discipline. I finally got some. :o

I trust you now take Statins (I take Fluvastatin) and a 75mg Aspirin each night before bed?

That should prevent another Stroke.....All the best.

One hour per day, combined with Less of everything I love to eat, but I still eat it. :o

Inspirational story Ajarn. You inspired me to get in the pool this morning for the first time in 25 years (for more than a splash). 1hr, 25m x 40 lengths. It wasn't pretty, but tomorrow will be better I'm sure. Thanks. :D

Despite my girlfriends "Free Willy" heckling, I managed 44 lengths x 25m today in 1h 5m. I think I can keep it up.

I'm building a house this year Ajarn, and I'd kind of gone off the idea of a pool because I've had one in every other house I've ever had and they were underutilized to say the least. Now, I've got the idea back in my head. Would you mind if we discuss the specifics of getting your pool built sometime here in Chiang mai? Thanks again.

Edited by lannarebirth

I trust you now take Statins (I take Fluvastatin) and a 75mg Aspirin each night before bed?

That should prevent another Stroke.....All the best.

I take a blood thinner each morning. Aspirin didn't help with my second stroke, that's why I changed..

Thanks for letting us know how you lost your weight, Ajarn; I was wondering how you accomplished it as this is no mean feat. Been trying to shed about 20 kg for a year now - to no avail, so I too am reconfirming my on again-off again plan of building a pool now that you have shown the way. Still have not gotten out your way to check out your self-designed solar water heater which presumably is your pool heater too. Once I get a vehicle I'll phone and attempt to arrange a visit convenient to you. Have a huge data bank on pools but nothing on the plumbing system...so I would appreciate it if you could find time in your schedule to impart some wisdom, again once I am assured transport.

Congratulations on your weight loss...not many mortals have even come close to the amount you had lost!

Thanks for letting us know how you lost your weight, Ajarn; I was wondering how you accomplished it as this is no mean feat. Been trying to shed about 20 kg for a year now - to no avail, so I too am reconfirming my on again-off again plan of building a pool now that you have shown the way. Still have not gotten out your way to check out your self-designed solar water heater which presumably is your pool heater too. Once I get a vehicle I'll phone and attempt to arrange a visit convenient to you. Have a huge data bank on pools but nothing on the plumbing system...so I would appreciate it if you could find time in your schedule to impart some wisdom, again once I am assured transport.

Congratulations on your weight loss...not many mortals have even come close to the amount you had lost!

As I previously said, it takes discipline. I was never motivated enough to give a shit before, but now I do care. Basically, it's eating fewer calories than burned through the day. For me, that includes pizza hut, chocolate, and all the rest of my favorites, but measured to balance it all against my swimming one hour and then sitting/sleeping the rest.. At first, it's not easy, but if you have the discipline it can be done. Also, I changed for my life, not simply the time it took to lose the weight. For the first year, I had no scale, only relying on good info from the internet for calories, and my discpline. When I finally found a scale that measured up to 240 kilos (my original weight), I weighed myself, and assumed the scale was broken because it said I weighed less than 160 kilos... It wasn't broken, thank god :o . I'm now at 130 kilos (less than 300lbs) which I haven't seen in more than 35 years, with 30 more kilos to go to reach my goal. These last few kilos are the hardest for me to lose, and I'm not sure why... But, they are leaving me. :D

Edited by Ajarn

That is impressive! Congratulations.

Aside from being lighter has it had a big impact on mobility and general feeling of well being?

I haven't noticed a big difference in my mobility because my mobility was highly restricted from my stroke six years ago. But I can still get into a pool and move around a bit, which is my only form of excercise. But, yes, my general feeling of well being has increased a lot!

well done Ajarn,

an inspiration to us all. I also would like to lose some weight but nothing like 100kgs. Eating wise I think moderation is the key but very hard to do when we have all the easy foods there.

Great looking pool by the way.

Eating wise I think moderation is the key but very hard to do when we have all the easy foods there.
This is what made it the easiest, for me. I didn't have any restricions on what foods I can have or not have. Only the amount was important to me. If I wanted a pizza,one slice per day was my limit for one meal, because it's only 400 calories. I could pig out on four slices, but this meant no more food that day... I Never got hungry at all, so for me it was no sweat. My personal key to success was the pool...Being in a pool feels great beause I have no weight at all.. fat floats! :o Edited by Ajarn

Eating wise I think moderation is the key but very hard to do when we have all the easy foods there.
This is what made it the easiest, for me. I didn't have any restricions on what foods I can have or not have. Only the amount was important to me. If I wanted a pizza,one slice per day was my limit for one meal, because it's only 400 calories. I could pig out on four slices, but this meant no more food that day... I Never got hungry at all, so for me it was no sweat. My personal key to success was the pool...Being in a pool feels great beause I have no weight at all.. fat floats! :o

Just wondering what your view is now having lost the weight , do you feel you should have done it sooner ?

This is what made it the easiest, for me. I didn't have any restricions on what foods I can have or not have. Only the amount was important to me. If I wanted a pizza,one slice per day was my limit for one meal, because it's only 400 calories. I could pig out on four slices, but this meant no more food that day... I Never got hungry at all, so for me it was no sweat. My personal key to success was the pool...Being in a pool feels great beause I have no weight at all.. fat floats! :o

Just wondering what your view is now having lost the weight , do you feel you should have done it sooner ?

Absolutely, my life would have been much happier if I was not obese. As I said earlier, I really didn't give a shit then, but I had no discipline, for whatever the reason.