Body of French tourist found beside motorbike along Phuket coastal road

snoop1130

Body of French tourist found beside motorbike along Phuket coastal road

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1577097660_1-org.jpg

The man's body was found beside the Kamala-Patong road this morning (Dec 23). Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub)

PHUKET:-- Police are investigating the death of a French tourist whose body was found beside a motorbike along the coastal road between Kamala and Patong this morning (Dec 23).

Lt Nattaphon Palanusorn of the Kamala Police was notified of the man’s body, found lying in long grass beside a motorbike, at 9:50am.

According to photos provided to The Phuket News, it appeared the man had lost control of his motorbike on a steep section of road with sharp curves.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/body-of-french-tourist-found-beside-motorbike-along-phuket-coastal-road-74112.php#Gwvs3OGickqfPsBT.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-12-23

8 minutes ago, Just1Voice said:

No name, no age?  No ID? 

Maybe the family would like to be notified personally rather than find out on the Internet. I'm sorry that you are so affected by this story that you require the info. Do you store it in a database for future reference?

For those who have a genuine interest this is a notoriously nasty bit of road leading up the hill at the south end of Kamala (Naka)- vehicles lose control on it all the time as they travel too fast and don't anticipate the sharp bends on a steep road. 

14 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

No name, no age?  No ID? 

No need.... a man was found deceased on the side of the road.

Do we really require more?

I'm sure relatives or family will be notified in due course let them find out first.

I know this spot very well. As, stated, all sorts of things can go wrong here. One thing is that it's challenging enough in the day time and best not to be riding here at night, if unfamiliar with the road.

Sad that this is how a visit to Phuket can go very wrong, very quickly.

15 hours ago, Psimbo said:

Maybe the family would like to be notified personally rather than find out on the Internet. I'm sorry that you are so affected by this story that you require the info. Do you store it in a database for future reference?

For those who have a genuine interest this is a notoriously nasty bit of road leading up the hill at the south end of Kamala (Naka)- vehicles lose control on it all the time as they travel too fast and don't anticipate the sharp bends on a steep road. 

I respect that they don't release information until the next of kin is notified at least. Would be an awful way to see your spouse or child has died by coming across and article online or having it forwarded to you by someone. 

He could well have been driving sensibly so it also be plausible that he was clipped or forced off the road by another vehicle. I have had many near misses riding my motorbikes (real motorbikes) in Thailand. I've been cut off, overtaken then the vehicle just pull in before passing. From the photo this streach you can see is not that technical even for a scooter. So very sad and another poor tourist dead on the roads in Thailand.! 

Archived