BANGKOK
bwpage3

Just Installed a well in Isaan

I live in Chaiyaphum and have been told not to bother about drilling a well because the water is brackish, not good quality, any suggestions.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, smiggley said:

I live in Chaiyaphum and have been told not to bother about drilling a well because the water is brackish, not good quality, any suggestions.

We just dug a well in Nong Rua and the drillers told us they had drilled 5000 wells and all have clean water.

Nong Rua is about 2 hour NE of Chaiyaphum

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, smiggley said:

Ask at how many meters was the water like that?

• Like 2

Our 2 year old bore is 30mt deep. The missus has the garden hose on 8 hours++ a day not to mention normal household consumption 8 showers per day. I am amazed it has not dried up yet. I was sceptical about how good the quality of the water would be. Previously we got water from a well and it was full of sediment. The bore water is very clear and I had to eat my hat. Water for human consumption is run through a reverse osmosis system. I have never had the water tested.... Most of my drinking fluids come from Leo. I have only lived in Burriram for 6 years and water is really scarce. Some dams are so dry that they have dug dams inside of dams. Our farm did not even get a rice harvest this year.

• Like 2

Great -- the neighbors probably never had fresh water either. Maybe you can install one of these outside the FIL's gate for them:

imageproxy.jpg.03d533fa8cd037b6a214b40de845a548.jpg

• Like 2

Our well (pump) is only about 30 m and supplies clear water since about 4 years.

It's clear but a lot of limestone and we do not drink it.

Water always muddy?

Must be a local thing.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 2