Just Installed a well in Isaan

bwpage3

On 12/28/2019 at 4:56 PM, bwpage3 said:

You a fortune teller? 

It probably doesn't say anything you claim, that is why is was brought from the US

If you have to resort to posting something this ridiculous, well I would hate to live like that

Keep dreaming.

Levi's have there jeans imported from ....China !

It costs more or less 50 dollar/jeans, then in the USA they put a Levi sticker on it and it is sold for 300 dollars.

Also your precious Nike is made in any other country but USA, you remember when they were in the news? They even let children have it made.

Of course they will not allow the goods are marked  "made in China", so you keep on dreaming it is made in USA????

• Thanks 1

The problem I have is a high content of iron an manganese. Therefore the water comes out clear, but after 24 hours in the tank it turns red as the iron precipitates. If you shock the water with chlorine it turns black as the manganese then precipitates too. Waste of money, I use it water the garden, and paid a 50000 Bahts bribe to get connected to the PWA network.

1 minute ago, Momofarang said:

The problem I have is a high content of iron an manganese. Therefore the water comes out clear, but after 24 hours in the tank it turns red as the iron precipitates. If you shock the water with chlorine it turns black as the manganese then precipitates too. Waste of money, I use it water the garden, and paid a 50000 Bahts bribe to get connected to the PWA network.

Iron and manganese are very easy to remove. Simply pump air into the water in it's holding tank using fish tank aerators or something like that. The reaction between the iron/manganese and oxygen causes them to precipitate from the water which is then easily filtered. Alternatively you could invest in a static electricity ionisation/ozone unit which will give you O3 and remove more iron quicker. Another way is to pass the well water through a venturi before the pressure tank which will inject air as the water passes through it. I have used the venturi system but for various reasons was not very successful.

3 hours ago, Momofarang said:

Do you know how many meters your well is?

4 hours ago, xtrnuno41 said:

Keep dreaming.

Levi's have there jeans imported from ....China !

It costs more or less 50 dollar/jeans, then in the USA they put a Levi sticker on it and it is sold for 300 dollars.

Also your precious Nike is made in any other country but USA, you remember when they were in the news? They even let children have it made.

Of course they will not allow the goods are marked  "made in China", so you keep on dreaming it is made in USA????

Don't buy either brand so what's your point?

I prefer the Thai cartoon shorts.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2020 at 8:37 PM, bwpage3 said:

Do you know how many meters your well is?

Good thread and info bwpage 3.

We are in Issan, 25 km from Udon, our well is 21 meters deep to the sand in the bottom. Paid under $800 all in for the bore. I recently replaced the 1.25 inch pvc and brass valve/strainer down to about 7 meters as we have water at 5 meters. The well has run clear and reliable with the same (Lucky brand) pump for over 15 years. We have two households connected and even supply neighbors during the driest months if requested. They walk down the road with a handcart full of tubs and buckets.

The water is indistinguishable from Crystal brand bottled water and from Sprinkle brand water from Bangkok regarding taste, smell, color.

I run it through a 5 stage water filter for good measure. Similar to this one... https://shopee.co.th/Uni-pure-5-stage-UF-0.01micron-i.35677233.511400667

Does anyone know where to get water tested for a reasonable cost? There is mention n a thread about Khon Kaen University, but they do not do testing for drinking water. They directed me to a company across the highway that will do a full battery of tests for 16000 Baht!

I am curious if there are agricultural chemicals or other silent killers in my morning coffee!

Edited by Kwarium
Add link

31 minutes ago, Kwarium said:

Does anyone know where to get water tested for a reasonable cost?

Here are the contact details of a company I used located in Bangkok. There are other accredited labs around the country including one in Khon Kean (not the Uni)

Determination Group co. Ltd.
81/96 Moo5 Vibhavadirangsit Rd.,Thungsonghong, Laksi, Bangkok. 10210
Tel 0 2591 1732, 0 2954 8202 Fax. 0 2954 6702
website:w.dgmatq.com,e-msil:detmifration_dg@)totmail.um,[email protected]

My test results were printed out on a certificate which listed all the chemicals/minerals in the 1.5 Ltr. sample I sent them. The cost was 2,000 Baht and I used a local water filter supplier in Buriram to take care of the postage etc.

38 minutes ago, Muhendis said:

Here are the contact details of a company I used located in Bangkok. There are other accredited labs around the country including one in Khon Kean (not the Uni)

Determination Group co. Ltd.
81/96 Moo5 Vibhavadirangsit Rd.,Thungsonghong, Laksi, Bangkok. 10210
Tel 0 2591 1732, 0 2954 8202 Fax. 0 2954 6702
website:w.dgmatq.com,e-msil:detmifration_dg@)totmail.um,[email protected]

My test results were printed out on a certificate which listed all the chemicals/minerals in the 1.5 Ltr. sample I sent them. The cost was 2,000 Baht and I used a local water filter supplier in Buriram to take care of the postage etc.

Reply appreciated. There are some issues with the web and email addresses though. Can’t find them using google. I will give them a call.

12 hours ago, Kwarium said:

Good thread and info bwpage 3.

We are in Issan, 25 km from Udon, our well is 21 meters deep to the sand in the bottom. Paid under $800 all in for the bore. I recently replaced the 1.25 inch pvc and brass valve/strainer down to about 7 meters as we have water at 5 meters. The well has run clear and reliable with the same (Lucky brand) pump for over 15 years. We have two households connected and even supply neighbors during the driest months if requested. They walk down the road with a handcart full of tubs and buckets.

The water is indistinguishable from Crystal brand bottled water and from Sprinkle brand water from Bangkok regarding taste, smell, color.

I run it through a 5 stage water filter for good measure. Similar to this one... https://shopee.co.th/Uni-pure-5-stage-UF-0.01micron-i.35677233.511400667

Does anyone know where to get water tested for a reasonable cost? There is mention n a thread about Khon Kaen University, but they do not do testing for drinking water. They directed me to a company across the highway that will do a full battery of tests for 16000 Baht!

I am curious if there are agricultural chemicals or other silent killers in my morning coffee!

When I tested our water, 65NW of Khon Kaen no traces of anything bad. Drank the water for over a week with no side effects. Our well is quite a bit deeper at 80m. In the photo is the local pond water that was dried up already this year. Some of the installation photos

w1.jpg

w2.jpg

w3.jpg

w4.jpg

w5.jpg

w6.jpg

w7.jpg

w8.jpg

w9.jpg

w10.jpg

w11.jpg

w12.jpg

w13.jpg

Edited by bwpage3
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

I live in Ban Thaen District all of the Wells have clear water but  just high in calcium. You can add 1/4 of 90 percent chlorine to your water tank to keep it a bit softer and tanks free of algae. Do not use less then 90 percent or it with build up in your pipes.   Be sure all your faucets are plastic not metal. Because of the drought many Wells at 30 m are drying up so we drill a 70 metre we use the water for cooking washing and the pool.