Income Requirements by Age?

You seem to writing about clause 2.22 (6) fo the police order for extensions.

You had to be 55 to 60 years old or older in October of 1998 to qualify for it.

(6) An alien who entered the Kingdom before October 21, 1998 and has been consecutively permitted to stay in the Kingdom for retirement shall be subject to the following criteria:
(a) Must be 60 years of age or over and have an annual fixed income with fluids maintained in a bank account for the past three months of no less than Baht 200,000 or have a monthly income of no less than Baht 20,000
(b) If less than 60 years of age but not less than 55 years of age, must have an annual fixed income with funds maintained in a bank account for the past three months of no less than Baht 500,000 or have a monthly income of no less than Baht 50,000

• Like 1

Actually, I'll probably need to change to a Non-O since I can't get health insurance at this time. But it doesn't seem to matter -- the income requirements are the same. It's just that it was a hassle last time with the U.S. consulate's decision to stop issuing notarized income statements.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hurricane51 said:

Non-O since I can't get health insurance at this time.

It's the way to go for a lot of expats, the health insurance saga will only get worse as those on the O/A age and find out that if they make a claim, will more than likely find out that their money went out the window to some Thai insurer who found a way out, therefore costing the farang more money than the policy was worth.

Let's just hope if it spreads to other visa/extensions, they allow the current expats to stay with their overseas insurers as opposed to what I perceive to be a scam, i.e. having to take out insurance with a Thai insurer.

• Like 1