Earliest mini van from Nong Khai to Udon

3stan

Hi!

I’m planning a border run to friendship bridge at Nong Khai. I am considering staying over night in Nong Khai and leaving early morning to try and catch a plane at 7.30 am in Udon. Anyone knows when is the earliest departure to Udon from Nong Khai bus station? Cheers

50 minutes ago, SkyFax said:

Why not maybe just keep it simple and spend the night in Udon Thani maybe near the airport?

Because its not so simple hehe. The reason why is because i will be doing this visa run evening time. last time i did it, there was no easy way to get back to Udon at that time (8pm).

Well OK but if there is an early minivan -- which I don't know -- looks like you would have to get up at 3-4 AM to do this.

Having done the NongKhai border run many times but not for many years, I might contact one of the many tour shops on the Thai side of the bridge before crossing into Laos to arrange for a car to take you to UdonT after you cross back in Thailand keeping them informed via phone as to when you are back in Thailand.

49 minutes ago, SkyFax said:

Well OK but if there is an early minivan -- which I don't know -- looks like you would have to get up at 3-4 AM to do this.

Having done the NongKhai border run many times but not for many years, I might contact one of the many tour shops on the Thai side of the bridge before crossing into Laos to arrange for a car to take you to UdonT after you cross back in Thailand keeping them informed via phone as to when you are back in Thailand.

Getting up early is not an issue for me. One can arrive 40 minutes before departure for a domestic flight. I would need to leave nong Khai around 5.30 am or before. Wake up around 5 am, which is my normal waking time anyways. So basically, if mini van service starts at 5 am, i could make it work.

Thanks for your input.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived