Mc Donald's Thailand crazy price increase

Sundown

3 minutes ago, SteveK said:

You know you can just ask for more napkins?

I forget until after the first dollop of half chewed lumpy cheeseburger hits my 'stache. Then its too late.

• Haha 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/25/2019 at 3:43 PM, Sundown said:

Once in a while I used to go at McDonald's and get a double big Mac burger set for 215 baht (+10 baht upsize). The other day I went and they wanted to charge me 265 baht. I laughed at their face and turned away immediately thinking it was a stunt of that particular restaurant. I went to mcthai website and to my surprise I saw that the prices increased from 25% to even almost 70% for some items. Bye mcdonalds, I will not miss you anyway.

The literal definition of a nothing burger.

On 1/8/2020 at 1:27 PM, Pravda said:

OK, back on topic. 

Has anyone else noticed how napkins are a precious commodity at McDonald's Thailand ONLY. 

You spend 250 baht on the set and they give you 1 napkin. I noticed this trend at most McDonald's branches except perhaps some very touristy area. 

This is why I'll always support Starbucks over McDonald's in Thailand. At least you don't have to beg for napkins and condiments. 

Absolutely pathetic.. 

When you "up-size", you used to get 2 of the little round dishes for catsup (not the reddish water dispenser, not the chili pepper sauce dispenser: good ole'-fashioned, red-blooded, anti-communist American catsup). But lately, only 1. Wow! Thailand is so consumed with greed they're even being bird-sh!t cheap with a tiny piece of plastic, or a lousy napkin. It must be the Buddhist influence, espousing wallowing in hedonistic sensuality at all costs: my profit margin is more obscene than your profit margin; my BMW is bigger than your BMW (and it's smarter too -- it has a 1993 laptop bolted to the dashboard, not a 1989 laptop).

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, stoutfella said:

It's McDonald's solution the the world's obesity crisis. They're making their "food" so expensive you won't want to kill yourself by buying and eating it

Maybe that's the Thai strategy because when I read that they're charging 265 Baht for a meal now my jaw dropped. If they keep this up Switzerland will be considered a bargain hunter's paradise in comparison. I mean, anything over 100 Baht for a fast-food meal in a low income country like Thailand should be considered pricey, and above 180 is extreme; 200 is insane (that's almost A$10 for those Aussies out there and I can't remember any McD meal in Australia costing over that amount except for the updated menu they serve on cutting boards and serve with knives and forks).

On the rare occasions I eat at a fast food joint in Thailand (which is never McDonalds but most likely to be something like the Japanese chain Mos Burger or perhaps A&W) meals cost roughly in the range of 100 to 170 Baht, averaging about 150. That being almost half the minimum daily wage makes me think something is a bit fishy here, but as long as prices are lower than in the west, all is good.

Speaking of McDonalds, I've noticed some outlets having shut their doors in recent years. Seems like Mickey D's is not doing so well in Thailand.

On 12/25/2019 at 3:30 PM, transam said:

Do you know how your food got to the plate, and what's in it...?

The last time I had food from this terrible company was at the airport in Bangkok. I was starving to death when I finally arrived there.

Then I'd ordered a Big Mac and chips. OMG, the fries were too salty and almost cold.

The burger was so nasty that I couldn't eat all. I left the "restaurant" ( sorry, it's hard to call it so) with an empty stomach.

I'll never ever eat that shi-e again. No matter where. 

Mate, it's great that we do not know what we eat and drink. Have you got an idea what's in our beer?

Is it just me, or do you also have a headache from time to time after some beer?

I'm not talking about excessive drinking, only two, or three Leo's. 

If it's only me, I know it's my liver that tells me to stop. Good day. 

Edited by Isaanbiker
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

The last time I had food from this terrible company was at the airport in Bangkok. I was starving to death when I finally arrived there.

Then I'd ordered a Big Mac and chips. OMG, the fries were too salty and almost cold.

The burger was so nasty that I couldn't eat all. I left the "restaurant" ( sorry, it's hard to call it so) with an empty stomach.

I'll never ever eat that shi-e again. No matter where. 

Mate, it's great that we do not know what we eat and drink. Have you got an idea what's in our beer?

Is it just me, or do you also have a headache from time to time after some beer?

I'm not talking about excessive drinking, only two, or three Leo's. 

If it's only me, I know it's my liver that tells me to stop. Good day. 

Leo is the only beer that gives me a headache, I only drink it if that is the only beer available..

Sorry to hear about your Bigmac experience, but I bet you never had Deli belly from it....????

• 1 month later...