Mc Donald's Thailand crazy price increase

Sundown

4 hours ago, Sundown said:

Once in a while I used to go at McDonald's and get a double big Mac burger set for 215 baht (+10 baht upsize). The other day I went and they wanted to charge me 265 baht. I laughed at their face and turned away immediately thinking it was a stunt of that particular restaurant. I went to mcthai website and to my surprise I saw that the prices increased from 25% to even almost 70% for some items. Bye mcdonalds, I will not miss you anyway.

OP is quite right.

I remember when I sometimes bought the Big Mac set for 118 baht, now it's 215...

Everyone, just vote with your feet and give your business to the Guay Tioh lady.

Another problem is that my customary Guay Tioh lady disappeared ????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I dont have a list of the best restaurants in Holland .

My point was that restaurants often serve food that isnt from the Country they are in .

All the top restaurants in the UK do not serve British food  

Again, show me the list of the top restaurants in Britain.

There is something very wrong in a country when the cost of a Big Mac equates to a days pay for some. Yet richer Thais eat it as a fashion statement and to show they can afford Farang food.

We can also blame the likes of McDonalds (and other junk foods) for the demise of the slim Thai girl. When I first came here you hardly ever saw a fat Thai, now look.

In a world where people are becoming more health conscious, McDonalds is dead as a dinosaur. But they clearly have no idea how to change their menu for something better.

At least it's not quite as bad as the Philippines, where on one side of the door one is greeted by the incongruous sight of Ronald McDonald greeting customers, whilst on the other side stands a guard with a sawn off shotgun.

It occurred to me that if he ever fired it he would not only hit the thief, but most of the people in the street too. Death by shotgun or cardiac arrest due to burger clogged arteries… some choice.

Edited by DaRoadrunner
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Henryford said:

Like everything in Thailand, costs more than the West now. Look at Starbucks !!

Everything in Thailand costs more than in the west?  What? 

Did you mean, perhaps, that Starbucks prices are higher in Thailand than in the west, not everything? 

Edited by Just Weird

5 hours ago, wgdanson said:
5 hours ago, EricTh said:

I am surprised people still go to McDonald and eat that junk food at exorbitant prices.

Thai food are much healthier and cheaper.

Not always considering the sh...ty oil, sugar, MSG and bad meat they use.

That sounds like McDonald's to me, which of those five items does McD's not use?

5 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:
5 hours ago, Yinn said:

Tasteless food made by an ugly clown.

Who by the way is not Thai and is wai-ing ????

You don't really think that the Ronald McDonalds seen in Thailand are not made in Thailand, do you?  You think the Thai company, McThai, imports them?!

You think that Thais are the only people in Thailand who wai?

Edited by Just Weird
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, tropo said:

Yeah, much better to eat Thai food that has been fried in lavish quantities of cheap oils and spiced so intensely that you can't taste it. They have the best cooking oil in the world to use at a decent price (coconut oil), but instead they use palm oil.

Just like McDonald's food, then, or do you think that McThai supplies coconut oil to the restaurants and doesn't use spices in it's food?   Incidentally, what makes coconut oil "the best cooking oil in the world"?

5 hours ago, transam said:

Tell me how many have sued McD's in LOS over food poisoning. Then tell me how many people in LOS get food poisoning in LOS every day....

I'd guess that when it comes to suing the answer to both is zero.  But who sues any restaurant when they get food poisoning?

4 hours ago, Thomas J said:

Imported products SHOULD BE cheaper not more expensive.  The THB has risen 8% against the USD in the past 12 months.  That means that fewer THB are needed to buy import products.  I see the same thing though.  Price increases despite the stores and importers reaping a windfall by paying less for things they sold last year. 

You think that McThai imports most of the ingredients/menu items for McDonald's restauarants?  Think again!

Edited by Just Weird

6 hours ago, wgdanson said:

Not always considering the sh...ty oil, sugar, MSG and bad meat they use.

I always eat at those Thai eateries that cook to order so that I can ask them not to put MSG etc. It's as fresh as you can get.

I don't eat at those places with mass produced cold food.

1 hour ago, tgw said:

I remember when I sometimes bought the Big Mac set for 118 baht, now it's 215...

Everyone, just vote with your feet and give your business to the Guay Tioh lady.

What do you think the effect of that will be when most of McDonald's customers here are Thais?

4 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

Thai restaurants because Thai women follow the men to their countries. Otherwise there would be far fewer. 

All the Thai /Japanese/Chinese /Indian restaurants that I have ever been to in ther UK have always been owned by people from that Country .

Well, I have never seen a Thai restaurant owned by a UK/Thai couple