Mc Donald's Thailand crazy price increase

Sundown

I often drive from Ban Chang to Bangkok.  On the way I take a break at the Service Center usually at breakfast time and enjoy the Big Breakfast at MacDonalds.  On the way back it's either Burger King, Subway or KFC.  A taste of home if you will.  As for pricing, do not forget these are all franchises and most products sold must be shipped in.  If shipping costs go up so goes their sell price. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dlclark97 said:

I often drive from Ban Chang to Bangkok.  On the way I take a break at the Service Center usually at breakfast time and enjoy the Big Breakfast at MacDonalds.  On the way back it's either Burger King, Subway or KFC.  A taste of home if you will.  As for pricing, do not forget these are all franchises and most products sold must be shipped in.  If shipping costs go up so goes their sell price. 

Yes but any imports should be much cheaper now with the strength of the Baht. Have prices come down ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, EricTh said:

I am surprised people still go to McDonald and eat that junk food at exorbitant prices.

Thai food are much healthier and cheaper.

Last time I bought anything there was the first time I ever went in once-Dublin 1981, that was it.

Same here. Occasionally I would get a double fish meal with a Big Mac delivered and it went from 179 baht to 220 and with the 40 Baht delivery fee that just ended it for me. With delivery it used to be around 350. Now it's 420 . We have a thai friend who works at McDonald's and she said that many of the workers are complaining about the prices because it's driving away customers. It's getting as bad as Burger King where it's 375 Baht for a Double Whopper with bacon and cheese and large drink and Fry.

Edited by JandT

17 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I gave up junk food a long time ago, suffice to say when I am out in say Central Plaza for example, I will head downstairs with the wife and buy me a nice meal in the food court, like rice with stir fried vegetables with cashew nuts and an egg sunny side up on the top for 80 baht of $4 Australian.

Did you know a McDonald's burger is made so it does not decompose, even after 10 years and your eating that $hit, see link below, eat clean, it's better for you and cheaper for you with less sugar and salts to clog those arteries and even give you diabetes.

What I would do for a McDonald's quarter pounder with cheese, not ????

https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-50262547

Yet that cheap food court food will be full of pesticides. Enjoy

Edited by Chicken George
Typo

17 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

It's just the cheapest fast food you can get in the west, like 1 USD per cheeseburger (30 thb).

Would you say that a cheeseburger costs less than 1 euro in Germany? I don't believe it! 

https://www.fastfoodpreise.de/preisliste/mc-donalds/cheeseburger.html

So if you even can't write the price of a cheeseburger i don't believe you're a german!

Speaking if mcdo I went a few times when I was back in Canada. This is not the same mcdo or yesteryear. I don't know if it was healthier but it did look healthier than Thailand. Quarter pounder was 50% bigger that Thailand (they should be sued on that fact alone)  and instead of fries you can order a really rich salad with a choice of dressings. 

The packaging also looked very hiso. 

Remember back in the early 90's not so many overweight Thai's, in fact it was a little unusual to spot one, then MacD's and all the other fast food outlets appeared, and obesity more noticeable, putting up prices may be a good thing.   

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jiggo said:

Remember back in the early 90's not so many overweight Thai's, in fact it was a little unusual to spot one, then MacD's and all the other fast food outlets appeared, and obesity more noticeable, putting up prices may be a good thing.   

Then the Thai will go to the market and buy deepfried stuff there...fried in old oil....

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Just Weird said:

No, I didn't, neither do you as the link does not state that!   Why would McDonald's suppliers want to do that?  Read the last couple of paragraphs of the link.

No need too, it's all to do with rapid moisture loss, resulting in the burger drying out long before it can start to rot.

I have not eaten a burger at ZmcD in over 50 yrs~!!!!
Nowhere in the world is beef that color, texture, and smell so awful.

why are u eating that <deleted>.

Go to real restaurant and get a real burger or go Carl’s Jr. in Central.

havent you ever seen where they leave a mc d burger out for 2 months, it just sits there. Mold won’t even eat it.

FACT

19 hours ago, Sundown said:

they wanted to charge me 265 baht. I laughed at their face

they wanted to charge you? you make it sound like a bargaining process... there is a menu with prices listed - same for everyone...

and so, you laughed in their face? That wasn't very nice - - some poor kids just trying to do their job and you abuse them... seriously... what is the matter with you? 

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, Yinn said:

Thankyou, we make foreign food in Thailand taste more delicious.

There are three restaurants in the list that serve Thai food, and the executive chefs of those restaurants are Thai. The executive chefs in the other four restaurants are not Thai.

Gaggan: Indian

Sühring: German

Gas: Indian

Bo.Lan: Thai

Le Du: Thai

Nahm: Australian

Paste: Thai

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, hyku1147 said:

The 10 baht ice cream cone jumped to 12b - then 15b. Screw that! Now I buy 10b cones from the ice cream cart vendors.

months ago I stoped service area on Highway 7 going to Bkk, had icecream cone paid 10 baht. A few days ago stopped same place....WAS CHARGED 15 baht...!!!! for same same !!!

19 hours ago, transam said:

Weeeeell, I wouldn't eat Thai street food if it were free, at least with McD's stuff is clean, and the staff have a toilet and washing hands facilities eh...

I don't want to burst your bubble, but you should read 'Fast Food Nation' by Eric Schlosser.

"There’s a “simple explanation for why eating a hamburger can now make you seriously ill,” wrote Eric Schlosser in Fast Food Nation: The Dark Side of the All-American Meal. “There is sh!t in the meat.” "

There Is Poop in Basically All Hamburger Meat

• Haha 1