DTAC sim - 200 baht and extention. Doesn't work

kartoshka

I bought a DTAC sim-card. In order to be permitted to extend it for 90, 180, etc... days it says that 200 baht should at minimum should be spent first. However, I have 200 baht on my balance and it continues to still say the same thing "you have to spend 200 bath first to be able to extend the validity of your sim". Why?

I'm outside of Thailand and I don't need any DTAC services such as internet. But I need to extend the sim.

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Having an 'account balance' of 200bht, isn't the same as 'spending' 200bht. 

Top-up online through the DTaC website.

Then, without using a calculator, you will have.............Bht 400 on your account.   LOL

2 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Then, without using a calculator, you will have.............Bht 400 on your account.   LOL

validity generally isn't related to top-up value.

Usually the minimum top-up (20bht) will give you a month validity, and 200bht will likely give you the same.

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Having an 'account balance' of 200bht, isn't the same as 'spending' 200bht. 

Correct. But that's your logic. The logic of DTAC may be different - one should have 200 bht, spent or untouched - doesn't matter, to be able to quality for "extend for 90, 180, 360 days".

Add to this the language barrier. For you "spend", for thais may be - "add or top up, not necessarily spend"

The reason is that, these 200 baht, whether spent or not, already are on the balance -- I've already paid them to DTAC. Should I burn them by using internet abroad in order to spend them? How will that benefic DTAC further?

9 minutes ago, kartoshka said:

Correct. But that's your logic. The logic of DTAC may be different - one should have 200 bht, spent or untouched - doesn't matter, to be able to quality for "extend for 90, 180, 360 days".

I've told you what it means, if you don't want to listen, I'k OK with that.

Archived