True unlimited SIM card Lazada

Andrew Dwyer

Last year ( on this day ) I bought 2 x 4Mbps unlimited SIM cards valid for 1 year on True for 1,245 baht each from Lazada.

Now I’m looking to buy 2 more but nearest I can find is 10Mbps unlimited for 1,850 baht and I suspect that the 4Mbps is not available.

I do seem to recall a 4 Mbps valid for 1 year with a 30 gb monthly limit (?) being mentioned on TVF a few months ago and the price was , I think, 1,190 baht or thereabouts .

This would suit me fine but cannot find that either on Lazada.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a 1 year 4 Mbps SIM ?

I prefer to buy a 1 year deal and avoid monthly top ups .

TIA

Andy

17 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

Thanks for that.

I assume that the 60gb is the limit per month ?

and yes the separated link is a lot less than the other vendors, suspicious.

47 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Thanks for that.

I assume that the 60gb is the limit per month ?

and yes the separated link is a lot less than the other vendors, suspicious.

No need to assume. You can use the translate function or write to the vendor. But it looks like 60 GB slowing down to 128 kbps until the beginning of the new month period, wherein it resets.

True, AIS and DTAC they all have 10 Mbps unlimited for new customers for 200 Baht a month with additional features. No need to buy anything at Lazada. If you change the provider you even can keep your old phone number. If you don't want to top up monthly simply put there enough money for a year. And if I remember correctly they also offer 4 Mbps for 150 Baht - also unlimited. 

8 minutes ago, Beggar said:

True, AIS and DTAC they all have 10 Mbps unlimited for new customers for 200 Baht a month with additional features. No need to buy anything at Lazada. If you change the provider you even can keep your old phone number. If you don't want to top up monthly simply put there enough money for a year. 

What are the "additional features"? Only Truemove H with Hotspot access I've seen. 

200 baht per month is 2400 baht per annum. He can buy the same for 1850 baht. So there can be a reason for buying via Lazada.

Applying the code yourself is best for the shorter term stays.

1 minute ago, Eindhoven said:

What are the "additional features"? Only Truemove H with Hotspot access I've seen. 

You have at AIS many free calls and whatever other features. I didn't ask. TRUE has free Wi-Fi and perhaps other things. I just checked myself the Internet and have TRUE and had AIS. 

3 minutes ago, Beggar said:

You have at AIS many free calls and whatever other features. I didn't ask. TRUE has free Wi-Fi and perhaps other things. I just checked myself the Internet and have TRUE and had AIS. 

That was last month's offering. This month is different, unless last month's codes are still working.

1 minute ago, Eindhoven said:

Yes. Truemove H has free Hotspot usage. The others offer just the data this month.

I don't understand. They are valid for 12 months with this promotion. Just don't stop to top up in time otherwise the promotion will be finished. 

1 minute ago, Beggar said:

I don't understand. They are valid for 12 months with this promotion. Just don't stop to top up in time otherwise the promotion will be finished. 

Last month codes also offered free calls.

This month codes, no free calls/extras. Just Truemove H offers an extra in the form of Hotspot usage.

5 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

Last month codes also offered free calls.

This month codes, no free calls/extras. Just Truemove H offers an extra in the form of Hotspot usage.

I didn't check all the other features. There were many and I was not interested. I use LINE for almost all calls. Free WiFi at True? I checked it in the Central Mall in Pattaya. Depends pretty much where you are. For instance in the Food Court was no coverage last week. They told me that it might come. 3BB and AIS had working hotspots there. 

On 12/29/2019 at 4:17 PM, MoD1977 said:

Interesting!

What happens after the 1 year? Does it fall back to be a normal prepaid simcard?

Is it possible to keep your old number from True?

If you change the provider you can take your old number with you. 

2 hours ago, MoD1977 said:

no, i need to stay with true for my home country banking

Could you explain? Your home country insists on you using Truemove H?

I'm not sure of the procedure for taking your number to a new network and if AIS or DTAC will recognise a ported number as a new SIM. I know Truemove H will.

On 1/2/2020 at 5:04 PM, Andrew Dwyer said:

Thanks for the answers, I ordered 2 of the max speed 60gb per month 1 year True sims from Lazada as recommended by Eindhoven. Now waiting for them to arrive.

I have 2 on the way.

Whats the bit that says 4. Check promotion, press * 935 # call and * 900 # call

39 minutes ago, sometime said:

I have 2 on the way.

Whats the bit that says 4. Check promotion, press * 935 # call and * 900 # call

I didn’t see that on those I bought ( seller “inwtrue 168” ) and there are many selling this same item.

Probably some promotional bs trying to sell additional items ?

These cards need to be registered before use - Simply take the sim and your passport to a True shop and they will register it in a minute or two... Once registered a nice way to view your True SIM card status, promotions and validity download the app TrueiService to your phone...

1 hour ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I didn’t see that on those I bought ( seller “inwtrue 168” ) and there are many selling this same item.

Probably some promotional bs trying to sell additional items ?

I ordered from the same seller the info is on the website in Thai, so I did a Google translate, but if you didnt have to do it to I

wont bother Thanks, the translation is below.

When the package is complete Will be a regular top-up SIM, can be used normally but cannot connect to the same promotion
When receiving a sim
1. Take the SIM card with the barcode With ID card Go to register at True Shop Or say hello to the shop to register
2. When registration is complete Put the SIM card in the device. Wait for the activation message.
3. Turn off and turn on the device 1 time, just that, it can be used immediately.
4. Check promotion, press * 935 # call and * 900 # call
*** All SIMs are new, not registered. The shop will check before exporting every sim ***
!!! Important. Customers should keep all sim envelopes containing.
The SIM, barcode and document envelope should not be discarded before use.
In the case of a SIM card having a problem, it is necessary to use the SIM card with the envelope and all the documents sent by the shop as evidence to claim the product in perfect condition.
Not recommended to use the wrong type, such as loading a bit
Terms of use may change depending on True. The shop can not fix

1 hour ago, sometime said:

I ordered from the same seller the info is on the website in Thai, so I did a Google translate, but if you didnt have to do it to I

wont bother Thanks, the translation is below.

When the package is complete Will be a regular top-up SIM, can be used normally but cannot connect to the same promotion
When receiving a sim
1. Take the SIM card with the barcode With ID card Go to register at True Shop Or say hello to the shop to register
2. When registration is complete Put the SIM card in the device. Wait for the activation message.
3. Turn off and turn on the device 1 time, just that, it can be used immediately.
4. Check promotion, press * 935 # call and * 900 # call
*** All SIMs are new, not registered. The shop will check before exporting every sim ***
!!! Important. Customers should keep all sim envelopes containing.
The SIM, barcode and document envelope should not be discarded before use.
In the case of a SIM card having a problem, it is necessary to use the SIM card with the envelope and all the documents sent by the shop as evidence to claim the product in perfect condition.
Not recommended to use the wrong type, such as loading a bit
Terms of use may change depending on True. The shop can not fix

Ah okay, I went to the true shop with the sim and my passport, she did it all for me hence I didn’t see the promotional stuff.

The speed will vary depending on location, just did a quick check and it was 13 Mbps, which, IMHO, is great.

2 hours ago, sfokevin said:

These cards need to be registered before use - Simply take the sim and your passport to a True shop and they will register it in a minute or two... Once registered a nice way to view your True SIM card status, promotions and validity download the app TrueiService to your phone...

Thanks for that Kevin.

The app is great for checking the data monthly balance.

On 1/2/2020 at 3:05 PM, Eindhoven said:

Could you explain? Your home country insists on you using Truemove H?

I'm not sure of the procedure for taking your number to a new network and if AIS or DTAC will recognise a ported number as a new SIM. I know Truemove H will.

It's my Bank in my home country who insists to use Truemove H.

I had DTAC before and the messages from my bank didn't came through.

After a call with the support of my bank and the switch to Truemove H everything is fine.

So I need to stick with True and don't want to change my number.

Archived