Best Thai and 7/11 meals for weight loss?

clarky cat

On 12/28/2019 at 7:53 PM, Ventenio said:

711 is bad, sure, but market food can be more dangerous.  i think diets are really the dumbest things......you want a lifestyle you like.  sure, i love fruit and will eat lots of veggies if i see them, but listen to your body.  if i exercise hard for a few hours, i can eat a cake right after and get that sugar burning.  71 kgs and i'm old, with an athletic frame but of course could be better (I don't care about not having an 8 pack).  we all handle sugar differently.  so i'm not a fan of cutting it out, just less.  NOW salt is different.  yes, try to get that <deleted> out of your body and it's everywhere.  diet is a mystery......keep the stress low, do different exercises, drink water, walk and try 2 days of week of very hard exercise for an hour or two.  work up to it.....  we are all very different.  go get some blood work, and if there's no problem then there's no problem.  eat the same but cut back and exercise.  if there is a problem.....well, then you need to talk to a pro.

Heavy exercise and cake will shorten your life. You will live longer not exercising and eating boiled eggs.

On 12/26/2019 at 3:28 PM, clarky cat said:

thanks - I have a rice cooker, i wonder if everything could be done with that?

how would something like this look: -

breakfast - rice with eggs and vegetables, black coffee

snack - fruit, nuts or seeds

lunch - rice with chicken and vegetables

snack - fruit, nuts or seeds

dinner - chicken soup

Fasting is better for weight loss than 5 meals a day. If you are eating carbs all day your body will store more fat as insulin levels will be higher. Eat a low carb dinner and fast for 20 hours. Works way better than 5 meals a day. Look at OMAD diets on youtube.

I will probably get slammed for this but instead of requesting information as you did, why not try going to a dietitian or nutritionist?  Incidentally, many of the suggested foods are not the best for weight reduction.  White rice has no nutrition as it is processed to remove all things beneficial to our diets as is white flour.  Brown rice and whole grain products are far superior and eat smaller amounts.  Get professional help not that from amateurs as generally they have no idea what they are talking about as they do not have the knowledge and have not conducted any research.  Keep away from diets of every kind except those recommended by professionals.  Even doctors are not the best to give advice.

'nuf sed.  plamuk aka travellingchef.

4 hours ago, wotsdermatter said:

I will probably get slammed for this but instead of requesting information as you did, why not try going to a dietitian or nutritionist?  Incidentally, many of the suggested foods are not the best for weight reduction.  White rice has no nutrition as it is processed to remove all things beneficial to our diets as is white flour.  Brown rice and whole grain products are far superior and eat smaller amounts.  Get professional help not that from amateurs as generally they have no idea what they are talking about as they do not have the knowledge and have not conducted any research.  Keep away from diets of every kind except those recommended by professionals.  Even doctors are not the best to give advice.

'nuf sed.  plamuk aka travellingchef.

There are diet videos on youtube from fasting and diet experts. Jason Fung for example is very good.

The average dietitian in a shop isnt an expert and some of them are just idiots.

There are dietitians in hospitals and yet the cafe in the hospital is full of junk food and that's where the doctors and staff eat. It's hilarious.

Edited by UbonThani
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, UbonThani said:

Eggs are only 80 calories. One of the best things you can eat. Obviously boiled is better than fried in cheap oil. Fish sold on the street is also low calories. Street chicken is ok if roasted rather than coated in sugary sauce.

I buy only eggs and water in 7-11, and some cooked red rice when I am lazy