Can a Thai Lady Claim Child Support from a British Passport Holder

CartagenaWarlock

On 12/28/2019 at 1:24 PM, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Are you being serious? You want to assist your "rented" girlfriend AKA hooker in extorting child support from another guy who no doubt fled because he wanted nothing to do with her? If you want to pay for her that's one thing, but trying to make another man pay for her is a whole different level.

Sounds weird.. odd actually. 

My thai wife was deserted by her thai husband when she became pregnant with the second child. 

(He took off and found a new model).

We all know the story. 

She (my thai lady) will not have anything to do with claiming support for the kids here in Thailand, which is supposed to be available until the age of 20.

So why would a rental relationship thai lady want to pursue the UK system for child support???

Edited by dallen52

No she cannot and are you surprised the british embassy is making it harder....They know if it was easy she would get her kid citizenship then herself then move over there mooch off the taxpayer while still being a bargirl on the side and paying no taxes and then also bring the rest of her extended family over.....

As for the fathers name being on the birth certificate I highly doubt that unless they were married or he went through a ton of paperwork and paid lawyers a ton which sounds extremely unlikely. Again with the confirmed dna sample, Not as easy or cheap to do here as it is in the west and more then likely he was gone before the baby was born. 

This is just another scam....If I was you I would be more afraid that she will try and do the same to you...run now boy!!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

As an aside, any man that fathers a child and runs away is, IMO, utter scum. Don't want to pay, take better precautions.

In general, I agree.  But in a country where the best paying, most stable job available to many women is "mother of some foreigner's kid", there's a lot of guys who took all the precautions and still got schnookered into fathering a kid.  There's a dozen ways to make a condom fail.

Hell, I've seen it in the USA where a woman deliberately sabotages the contraception and gets pregnant just before a divorce so she gets the child support.   That's a lot of what MGTOW is about...

On 12/28/2019 at 1:24 PM, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Are you being serious? You want to assist your "rented" girlfriend AKA hooker in extorting child support from another guy who no doubt fled because he wanted nothing to do with her? If you want to pay for her that's one thing, but trying to make another man pay for her is a whole different level.

Your very right about the hooker part , but the guy who fled after a dna test finding out that he is the father, should have taken his child with him when he fled OR support his child in every way he can . Not sending money to the mother or her family but stay and brake up with the hooker and then take care of HIS OWN child , or try to find a way to bring his own child with him rather then running away from his responsability . The child should not be the victim in this story or any other story like this one . 

• Like 2

This seems to be an exercise in futility to me.

The father is long gone. He won't be consenting to any tests to establish paternity, and he has to be found first. Then a British court has to decide whether child support payments are required to someone who is not a British citizen.

Assuming all that is successful, what makes the OP think the father will be able to pay? Obviously a deadbeat, he could claim he has no money.

Move on. Tell the GF this is one thing you can't do for her.

• Like 1

On January 13, 2020 at 9:42 AM, yogi100 said:

It's very hard to just wash your hands of your own kid unless you're a total 4r$ehoIe.

Agree with your conclusion, but ...

Sex tourists aren't normally well known for their responsible behavior and lofty moral standards.

Edited by Suradit69

On 12/28/2019 at 1:08 PM, BritManToo said:

CSA was disbanded in 2012.

Registering child as British Citizen, no longer allowed, no more Consular Birth Certificates are issued, has to apply for a passport and would need the fathers 'long format' birth certificate, which they are unlikely to have.

Eight years back it was incredibly easy to get my son a British passport and British Consular Birth Certificate in Chiang Mai. But now everything has become harder as the British government seems to be withdrawing all consular services to it's citizens overseas.

Are you sure? https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/register-child-under-18-as-british-citizen-form-mn1

On 12/28/2019 at 12:21 PM, BritManToo said:

No she can't.

She and the child would need to be living in the UK to claim child support, and the dad would need to be working in the UK.

AussieBob knows nothing about the UK legal system or UK child support, it's not the same as Australia (or the USA).

You would need to marry her, and move the family back to the UK for her to have a chance of making a claim.

(which still wouldn't work if dad wasn't living and working in the UK)

I thought the OP was asking about child support from the British father, not British social services.  

Either way, I doubt she'll have much luck.

32 minutes ago, Tbone999 said:

It may be possible to register the child as being "British by descent", but difficult to prove without the help of the father. She needs to contact the UK embassy for advise.

It would be almost impossible for the child to get British citizenship without the Father, as he is the one that passes the citizenship on.

A lot of people forget that a child born in Thailand to a Thai Mother or Father / British Father or Mother and is therefore a Thai Citizen, who subsequently obtains British citizenship, is NOT entitled to any support whatsoever from the British Government whilst they remain in Thailand, this is very clear.

They are only entitled to consular support when overseas using their British Passport and welfare support when resident in the UK.

Whilst in Thailand they are Thai.

Edited by Mattd

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

This seems to be an exercise in futility to me.

The father is long gone. He won't be consenting to any tests to establish paternity, and he has to be found first. Then a British court has to decide whether child support payments are required to someone who is not a British citizen.

Assuming all that is successful, what makes the OP think the father will be able to pay? Obviously a deadbeat, he could claim he has no money.

Move on. Tell the GF this is one thing you can't do for her.

You did not read the post? She has a copy of the guys passport so she knows his identity, his name is on the birth certificate , and he already consented to a paternity test with the results that he is a DNA match to the child.

1 hour ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Your very right about the hooker part , but the guy who fled after a dna test finding out that he is the father, should have taken his child with him when he fled OR support his child in every way he can . Not sending money to the mother or her family but stay and brake up with the hooker and then take care of HIS OWN child , or try to find a way to bring his own child with him rather then running away from his responsability . The child should not be the victim in this story or any other story like this one . 

If he can't support the child (at present) he could at least have  gone and registered his birth so the child would have British citizen ship and passport in case the child wantd to leave Thailand in the future for work or travel.

3 hours ago, theonetrueaussie said:

No she cannot and are you surprised the british embassy is making it harder....They know if it was easy she would get her kid citizenship then herself then move over there mooch off the taxpayer while still being a bargirl on the side and paying no taxes and then also bring the rest of her extended family over.....

As for the fathers name being on the birth certificate I highly doubt that unless they were married or he went through a ton of paperwork and paid lawyers a ton which sounds extremely unlikely. Again with the confirmed dna sample, Not as easy or cheap to do here as it is in the west and more then likely he was gone before the baby was born. 

This is just another scam....If I was you I would be more afraid that she will try and do the same to you...run now boy!!!

Many wrong asumptions by you. You say you doubt the foreiners name is on the Thai birth certificate unless they were married. Why ?  There have been literally hundreds of posts asking how  a farang can get a visa to visit his child  if he was not married to mother but his name is on the birth certificate. Also how to legetimise their child to get foreign passport is not married but their name is on the Thai birth certificate---it's very easy to have the name on birth certificate . Can type in search bar and see many posts.

Also the DNA test can be done here and is not too expensive , he may have orderedit to prove he wasn't the dad and then ran when he found out he was.

46 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

Many wrong asumptions by you. You say you doubt the foreiners name is on the Thai birth certificate unless they were married.

As you say, the name of the father on the Thai birth certificate is easy and normal practice, farang or Thai, the registrar will put whoever they are told to with no questions asked.

3 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

Agree with your conclusion, but ...

Sex tourists aren't normally well known for their responsible behavior and lofty moral standards.

A lot of so called 'sex tourists' are a lot softer than you take them for.

They've got to be a bit soft to travel thousands of miles just for a bit of female company. Most of 'em are just run of the mill, lonely middle aged and elderly blokes.

• Like 1

I believe this has nothing to do with obtaining child benefit or money from a government source. It is a matter of making the FATHER responsible for HIS child and forcing him to make payments for this child. A claim should be made initially to the Father requiring him to make monthly payments, and the guidelines suggest 12% of his gross monthly earnings. If he refuses, then take him to court, and a court order would likely be issued  forcing him to pay or be in contempt of court.  In this situation it is irrelevant where the child is living.

Edited by prakhonchai nick
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Tony125 said:

You did not read the post? She has a copy of the guys passport so she knows his identity, his name is on the birth certificate , and he already consented to a paternity test with the results that he is a DNA match to the child.

You're right. I was more focused on the fact he had done a runner, and could be difficult to find. Assuming the paternity test was done in Thailand, he might dispute that as well.

I do tend to skim through the agony aunt stuff on TV. My bad.

You must be crazy. You know how many Thai men have kids and dont pay a thing.

For that matter whole Philippines is also like that.

This week i was reading about Thai woman dumping her kid, as the real father didnt want it and also the new father didnt want it, so mom dumped her ! Maybe you can suggest that to your rented gf.

Now you want to screw a Britt? 

SO she should have married him, then in Thailand you have as man the obligation for your own child.

Once a Thai woman said to me, she stayed married just for the support (Thai law?), but would divorce when another man would come forward.   

Probably this story is fake, just to have an item running and see the responses

2 hours ago, xtrnuno41 said:

You must be crazy. You know how many Thai men have kids and dont pay a thing.

For that matter whole Philippines is also like that.

This week i was reading about Thai woman dumping her kid, as the real father didnt want it and also the new father didnt want it, so mom dumped her ! Maybe you can suggest that to your rented gf.

Now you want to screw a Britt? 

SO she should have married him, then in Thailand you have as man the obligation for your own child.

Once a Thai woman said to me, she stayed married just for the support (Thai law?), but would divorce when another man would come forward.   

Probably this story is fake, just to have an item running and see the responses

Just had a look at the OP post count - damn you are right. Happening a lot recently must be the weather or something. Won't be fooled again. 

On 1/15/2020 at 4:35 PM, prakhonchai nick said:

I believe this has nothing to do with obtaining child benefit or money from a government source. It is a matter of making the FATHER responsible for HIS child and forcing him to make payments for this child. A claim should be made initially to the Father requiring him to make monthly payments, and the guidelines suggest 12% of his gross monthly earnings. If he refuses, then take him to court, and a court order would likely be issued  forcing him to pay or be in contempt of court.  In this situation it is irrelevant where the child is living.

yeah take him to court and the court will order him to pay 3-5k thb month normally (not 12%) which is only enforceable if he is in thailand. If he is in another country then it is not enforceable...this is not the west lol.

On 1/15/2020 at 6:51 AM, Tony125 said:

Many wrong asumptions by you. You say you doubt the foreiners name is on the Thai birth certificate unless they were married. Why ?  There have been literally hundreds of posts asking how  a farang can get a visa to visit his child  if he was not married to mother but his name is on the birth certificate. Also how to legetimise their child to get foreign passport is not married but their name is on the Thai birth certificate---it's very easy to have the name on birth certificate . Can type in search bar and see many posts.

Also the DNA test can be done here and is not too expensive , he may have orderedit to prove he wasn't the dad and then ran when he found out he was.

That's what exactly happened. He supported her for two years but she was pressing her to register the child as a British, But he never did. After two years he went back to England and then sent money for a few months and stopped sending money, blocked her in line but unknown to him, she is still  fer Facebook friend.  All attempt to try to contact him through Facebook has failed and now he has blocked her in Facebook also.

I met her in a disco. She speaks good English. So we became friends. But I don't want to support her for life because the child is not mine.  I have taken the same stance for my rented sugar babies in Europe and the USA. 

I fled to Thailand last year (my first visit to an Asian country) to hide my whereabouts from some unsavory characters. I have already impregnated (confirmed by fetal DNA test) a 19-year model from Poseidon. I support her now with 40K/month cash, 30K/month credit card, unlimited maternity care at Bumrungrad, and a rental condo. These are chump changes for me. I promised her I would give her two million baht when the child is born and buy her a house and a car and continue giving money every month still I die. Only thing she has to do is not damage the child  before the child is born. I want her child to carry my DNA and my last name to continue my DNA in the future generations. 

I don't want to impregnate another lady who had a child from another person just to support her financially for life but want to help her non-financially if possible, if not it is not my headache. I'm not looking for a wife or a marriage visa. I already have a 20-year EV, passports from US, Spain, Trinidad and Tobaco, and Antigua and Barbuda. 

Edited by CartagenaWarlock
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

I have already impregnated (confirmed by fetal DNA test) a 19-year model from Poseidon. I support her now with 40K/month cash, 30K/month credit card, unlimited maternity care at Bumrungrad, and a rental condo. These are chump changes for me. I promised her I would give her two million baht when the child is born and buy her a house and a car and continue giving money every month still I die. Only thing she has to do is not damage the child  before the child is born. I want her child to carry my DNA and my last name to continue my DNA in the future generations. 

Wow - you sound like Michael Jackson wealthy.  Interesting take on Fatherhood you have (not) .  A surrogate mother would have been cheaper and able to educate your "child" in a first class country.  Not sure how you believe this 19 year old will not have other children by other men in the future.  The money you spend may be divided up amongst countless others.

As to the OP - A "rented" woman is 50% responsible for getting pregnant.  The British man who fled should pay child support whether it is legally required or not. 

Edited by Skallywag

51 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

Wow - you sound like Michael Jackson wealthy.  Interesting take on Fatherhood you have (not) .  A surrogate mother would have been cheaper and able to educate your "child" in a first class country.  Not sure how you believe this 19 year old will not have other children by other men in the future.  The money you spend may be divided up amongst countless others.

You don't have to be Michael Jackson wealthy. With three million US dollar that made 600K USD last year only from US stock market, I feel I have adequate money at the age of 58 and most probably on the top 1% in the World. What percentage of farangs in Thailand have USD 3 mllion and an income of 600K USD?

Surrogate mothers won't give the same feeling of a exquisitely beautiful model girl with a moist succulent heaven and a warm perfectly shaped body.

I don't want to take the responsibility (non-financial) of raising a child and most probably I cant. I will give her US citizenship as soon as she is born. Not sure if possible to give Spain citizenship or not, though I got it from my mother. She can go to the US and get her self educated if she had the money. I, born in Trinidad and Tobago, in a middle class family got an education in the US without anybody's help and using only scholarships. I have seen thousands of poor people from India come to US and get educated and become respected members in their community without any US citizenship. If she had the money and smartness, she would be able to do that. Otherwise, she can live comfortably in Thailand. 

Most people look for cheap alternative and a few look for comfortable and pleasurable alternative - same as most travel in Economy but a few like Business/First Class, most buy Honda civics and a few buy BMW. You get the idea. Not that anything is wrong with that. People like to optimize what they value the most - for some it's  money and for others it can be pleasure and comfort. 

I don't care if she has another child form another man in the future but my child must be the first one for me to support anybody for life. If my money is divided among countless others, I am glad it helped the family. But I cannot help a girl for perpetuity who has already taken somebody's seed. I help her now whenever I feel horny. It is in my control. Not in her control. 

Edited by CartagenaWarlock

1 hour ago, Skallywag said:

able to educate your "child" in a first class country. 

I also don't believe in educating a child in a first class country. Have seen thousands Indian coming from humble backgrounds and educated in India become CEOs, board directors, doctors, lawyers, etc in the US so much so that their median income is double the native Caucasians educated in the US. Take the example of most farangs in Thailand. All educated in first class countries but have to come to Thailand, rely on their visas from wife, and live on measly income of 40K/month. 

I would prefer boarding schools in India, Singapore, or may be in Malaysia. But it will be up to the mother to decide. I can only lay the economic foundation and give suggestions.