BANGKOK
webfact

Frenchman in alleged extortion case: Four Bangkok policemen suspended

They will face serious disciplinary procedures. This may result in expulsion from the force and even criminal prosecution

Or the famous inactive post at the accounts department as a severe punishment where they have to just look the money but cant touch it🤔 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, lensta said:

But, but, but hadn't the Frenchman agreed that the cops hadn't scammed him and it was his friend and the friends gf ????

But he was seemingly stripped searched in the street and then taken to the station.

Maybe his Thai Indian friend and gf nicked it first?

Whatever, good to see the police investigating it thoroughly and taken action.

Edited by Baerboxer
  • Like 1

Clean up corruption in the police force ? 5555

Soi Cowboy must be a great big breadwinner for the Thonglor Constabulory 

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Pol Col Krissana mentioned precedents for such action in continuing nationwide drives by RTP chief Pol Gen Chakthip Chaijinda to rid the Thai police of corruption.

🤣🤣😅😂😍

I know how corrupt they are... cannot be bothered to do their job

my ex and lawyer paid 5 for a house visit in an attempt to arrest my mother while visiting... for staying in the house I live with my child by court divorce agreement

no money, no cop interested

... to rid the Thai police of corruption ...

will they dissolve the police force?  The purpose of the Thai police is to develop and promote best practice in corruption.  That is why it has a branch in every ministry.  

Ask any low ranking policeman why he joined the force and he will tell you it is to make money.

If they want to be credible they should start by banning all personnel including the head o the police from working in other businesses.  The head of the Thai police when asked why he had not done something or other replied that he was too busy  with his real businesses to pay much attention to police issues. 

55 minutes ago, KenKadz said:

No Defense for the Police.... But:

When a person has to Buy a Police Job

The better the Position / Bribes the More Expensive

Pay for his Own Uniforms - Radios, and Equipment

Find a way to Pay for all these Job Expenses

Expected to Participate in Brown Envelopes and Bogus Traffic Checks to earn money for the Station and Bosses

Etc., Etc.

There is a Bigger Problem in the Thai Government and Police Department than a few rogue coppers.

Well, they don't have to take the job. They could get a job where they don't have to buy their way in, pay for their own uniform, radio or equipment, get involved with brown envelopes. Not too difficult really. They do so to reap the financial benefits and to get a pension. So don't feel too sorry for them.

Edited by Bangkok Barry
  • Like 1