Pattaya: Police arrest US man after growth hormone sting

webfact

Pattaya: Police arrest US man after growth hormone sting

5pm.jpg

Picture: Naew Na

Police and Health department officials in Pattaya conducted a sting on a 66 year old American man living at the resort. 

They arranged to buy ten packets of the human growth hormone ANSOMONE for 75,000 baht. 

The Chinese made drug is used to help burn fat and is used by body builders. 

Jerry N. was arrested at a bakery on Thappraya Road yesterday evening and taken to his residence in Soi Kasetsin where a search warrant was served. 

Nothing illegal was found but bank books, financial documents and many car and motorcycle registration documents were taken into evidence. 

The investigation followed on from the imprisonment of a man called Joshua P. in Chiang Mai in February. 

5pm1.jpg

Picture: Naew Na

He was sentenced to more than 10 years (reduced to half on admission) for producing illegal drugs under the ATLAS brand. 

Naew Na said that the US man in Pattaya had turned to Hong Kong for supplies of human growth hormone for his customers after the arrest and imprisonment of Joshua.

He shipped in the drugs and also ran a vehicle rental business. 

All his operations are now under investigation.

The media alleged he was the "head of a human growth hormone gang" in their headline. 

Source: Naew Na

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-12-27

Growth hormone gang.. wow.. I still can get this in Thailand without too much trouble.

Still its illegal but I don't really see the problem. Growth hormone is an mild drug to say the least overpriced for what it does. Though it does help skin and sleeping. Muscle building and fat burning not so much (or at least not compared to steroids)

Calling this a growth hormone gang is a bit crazy.. I mean one guy reselling some growth hormone. is hardly a again.

3 minutes ago, ezzra said:

For stuff that is fairly easily found around this guy got the sharp end of the stick 5 years in the slammer... ouch...

Yes and the stuff is not really that effective or damaging for what one pays for it. I have used it a few times. The only thing I did like about it was the effect on my sleep and skin. But quite expensive for that. I can't say i noticed much of its fat burning or muscle building properties. 

22 minutes ago, robblok said:

Growth hormone gang.. wow.. I still can get this in Thailand without too much trouble.

Still its illegal but I don't really see the problem. Growth hormone is an mild drug to say the least overpriced for what it does. Though it does help skin and sleeping. Muscle building and fat burning not so much (or at least not compared to steroids)

Calling this a growth hormone gang is a bit crazy.. I mean one guy reselling some growth hormone. is hardly a again.

It is illegal, so why not call it so. Some growth hormone? 75K isn't really minor. People always down play things when it is something they are familiar with.  

4 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

It is illegal, so why not call it so. Some growth hormone? 75K isn't really minor. People always down play things when it is something they are familiar with.  

Its minor as it does no damage, but you obviously have no clue about it. 75K gets you a few months worth of this stuff. Its that expensive. 

I am downplaying it as i can get it everywhere I even ordered it from China before to test (after testing a few different sources i decided it was not worth the money). 

I rather have someone injecting growth hormone then drinking alcohol and getting nasty. The growth hormone does not bother anyone and any damage is self inflicted. 

My point is also why call this a gang when all the guy did was resell some of this stuff. 

Anyway it is illegal your right about that. 

I am confused. If nothing illegal was found then what are they pointing at in the fridge in the photo and what is the stuff on the table in front of him in the police station unless they are taking gratuitous pointing to a whole new level.

5 minutes ago, robblok said:

Its minor as it does no damage, but you obviously have no clue about it. 75K gets you a few months worth of this stuff. Its that expensive. 

I am downplaying it as i can get it everywhere I even ordered it from China before to test (after testing a few different sources i decided it was not worth the money). 

I rather have someone injecting growth hormone then drinking alcohol and getting nasty. The growth hormone does not bother anyone and any damage is self inflicted. 

My point is also why call this a gang when all the guy did was resell some of this stuff. 

Anyway it is illegal your right about that. 

They call it a gang because it is illegal. Doesn't matter if it doesn't do damage. Personally I think they should decriminalize a lot of things and let people choose themselves what they do with their body or mind.

42 minutes ago, Orac said:

I am confused. If nothing illegal was found then what are they pointing at in the fridge in the photo and what is the stuff on the table in front of him in the police station unless they are taking gratuitous pointing to a whole new level.

But there was no pointing in this picture.

I sometimes wonder how they gat such a group. "Hey gang, we've got a photo shoot at 1:00, all welcome".

1 hour ago, FritsSikkink said:

Did you read the article? It stating that nothing illegal was found...even though he is pointing at his fridge.

So perhaps it isn't illegal to own and utilise. Maybe the selling without a licence or work permit.

2 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

They call it a gang because it is illegal. Doesn't matter if it doesn't do damage. Personally I think they should decriminalize a lot of things and let people choose themselves what they do with their body or mind.

I mean more like how can you have a gang of one person. If i buy something from you to resell then you and I are not in a gang. That was the point. 

I agree about letting people do what they want with their body and mind as long as they pay for the damage themselves. But of course that is an other story.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Nothing illegal was found but bank books, financial documents and many car and motorcycle registration documents were taken into evidence.

So far innocent, but that doesn't stop them laying claim to his possessions?

How does that work?

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

So far innocent, but that doesn't stop them laying claim to his possessions?

How does that work?

Have you not noticed the two great precursors to police action in Thailand?   The newer  kid on the block  is embarrassing  viral social  media.  However it doesn't  begin to overshadow the grand old stalwart... The ready access to money/assets

Looks like quite a bit of stuff on the table. Could any of us read TH we might possibly get much better understanding of such events by reading TH press? Until that day we will be entertained by Google Translate or even funnier constructions. Happy New Year. MS>

1 hour ago, GoodieAfterDark said:

Interesting info from your second Youtube link on body builder Rich Piana:
Human Growth Hormone abuse in body building- DISTENDED GUT from GROWTH HORMONE...

And from Wikipedia:
"He Rich Piana [body builder] died at the age of 46, after two weeks in a coma. At death, his heart and liver weighed over twice the average amount for an adult male. He had been aware that his organs were enlarged and that is a known side effect of the steroids and other hormones he had been taking. There was also significant hardening of the arteries and plaque in his arteries."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rich_Piana

20 hours ago, robblok said:

Yes and the stuff is not really that effective or damaging for what one pays for it. I have used it a few times. The only thing I did like about it was the effect on my sleep and skin. But quite expensive for that. I can't say i noticed much of its fat burning or muscle building properties. 

The point is it's illegal in Thailand and the American knew the risks and tried to make a living out of it. Another one bites the dust. 

4 hours ago, katana said:

nd from Wikipedia:
"He Rich Piana [body builder] died at the age of 46, after two weeks in a coma. At death, his heart and liver weighed over twice the average amount for an adult male. He had been aware that his organs were enlarged and that is a known side effect of the steroids and other hormones he had been taking. There was also significant hardening of the arteries and plaque in his arteries."

I hope robblok and his mates reads this before it's too late. 

Archived