Serial fraudster used her own severely autistic daughter to extort men in sex scam

webfact

Serial fraudster used her own severely autistic daughter to extort men in sex scam

7pm.jpg

Picture: Naew Na

Police in Udon Thani have announced the arrest of a Thai mother who used her severely handicapped daughter in an elaborate sex extortion scam. 

Kannanat, 39, from Na Duang district of Loei has been charged with impersonating a civil servant to extort money. 

Along with another woman called Yingluck, 49, an aunt of the victim named only as "B", she put her own daughter on the dating site Badoo. 

"B" was in fact 19 and could neither read nor write. She is a stage four person on the autism spectrum. 

Pretending to be her daughter Kannanat arranged for her to meet a 24 year old man in Udon Thani. She claimed to be a M3 high school girl aged 16 on Badoo. 

1385550.jpg

The couple spent the night at a hotel before the girl went back home on the bus - supposedly to Mukdahan. The man said that the girl had been very quiet during their night together.

Soon thereafter two women dressed as civil servants arrived at the house of the 24 year old and demanded money from his father. 

Kannanat claimed she was a teacher and that the father of her daughter was a senior policeman and if he found out that she had slept with his son then he would face serious charges of sexual assault.

The two females demanded 300,000 baht and this was bargained down to 250,000.

Some 50,000 baht was paid in a first instalment and an engagement ceremony was arranged attended by 30 relatives. At this the remaining 200,000 was handed over. 

However, subsequently it was revealed to the man that Kannanat was a serial fraudster who worked with the autistic daughter and her aunt to defraud people. 

The aunt Yingluck has admitted her part in the scam.

7pm1.jpg

Udon Thani police said that Kannapat was a gambler involved in 10 similar cases and subject to 10 other warrants. 

Extortion in each of the cases varied from 50,000 baht up to half a million each time. 

Source: Naew Na

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-12-27

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Udon Thani police said that Kannapat was a gambler involved in 10 similar cases and subject to 10 other warrants. 

Extortion in each of the cases varied from 50,000 baht up to half a million each time. 

So why was she still free to continue her extortion?

7 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

I fail to understand the sad smilies folks left for that comment. Folks think that this stuff is OK?

first thing I said out loud when I read your first comment.. I don't get it. there is no pity here on my end for anyone who extorts or takes advantage of someone. Especially a disabled child. the icing on the cake? It's her own kid. that's disgusting. 

8 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

I fail to understand the sad smilies folks left for that comment. Folks think that this stuff is OK?

I Don't know about this specific case... BUT i have seen a few cases where it was obvious that the 'SAD' was not intended as a criticism to that post --- but instead meant that the situation refered to in OP  was a SAD situation.... I'm hoping that it is the case here... as I am fully in agreement with you.... I don't think this stuff is OK....

1 hour ago, sawadeeken said:

I Don't know about this specific case... BUT i have seen a few cases where it was obvious that the 'SAD' was not intended as a criticism to that post --- but instead meant that the situation refered to in OP  was a SAD situation.... I'm hoping that it is the case here... as I am fully in agreement with you.... I don't think this stuff is OK....

The "sad" emoji can be very ambiguous. It can be interpreted several different ways.

Archived