NEEDED: medically sound anti aging skincare

Bouffant

Hi and thanks-  I need an anti-aging skincare clinic that is overseen by an expert with a medical background. I want prescription (as applicable) strength hydroquinone, retinoids, and hyaluronic acid  skincare products at fair (not cheap/ not ridiculous) prices and excellent guidance.

Looking to keep skin as fresh-looking as possible and rapidly fade or have age spots removed expertly by laser, etc, by experts. I live in Bali and come to Bangkok for medical care.

Any suggestions? Really appreciated!

What is your ethnicity? I ask because Dermatologists in Thailand have pretty much tunnel vision towards Asian skin and it is very, very hard to get treatment suitable for Caucasian skin.

You can buy Retin A over the counter and I don't think there is anything stronger by prescription.

Ditto hydroquinine. Buy at phatmacy brand names Delanin and Petsanta. But very slow to work. I prefer Laser (IPL). But very hard to get in Thailand, they don't like it because it can cause meleasma in Asians. Even when you find a place that does it, they oftwn refuse to use strong enough setting and you waste yoyr money. My preferred place for IPL is in Phnom Penh.

Topical HA doesn't do much of anything in my experience.

Of course with skin getting enough sleep and good nutrition ate also very key.

Hi Cheryl! How nice of you to respond; I know you really know your stuff.  That was useful and you pretty much answered my questions!  I'd like to try the laser also to target some spots, so that was  a bonus tip. Thank you again!!!

I am Caucasian.

There is just SO much snake oil out there and so many opinions about dosage. I have read article after article about this. It's hard to find info by folks who are not flogging a product.  I have found a lot of fairly credible sources recommending the HA. I do live in Bali with lots of humidity in the air so cosmetically at least it might be helpful. This is an interesting video (but can't tell if they are actually flogging a product although there was no link):

In Phnom Penh:

http://facelinecambodia.com/en

You can get topical HA 100% from Amazon. I tried it, did nothing. I don't think it actually penetrates the skin.

Obagi product line is supposed to be good though expensive . I haven't tried it yet

https://www.obagi.com/

Less expensive and widely recommended by dermatologists is Cerave (for moisturizer)

Archived