BANGKOK
webfact

Kratom leaves dropped from narcotics list

Is this fake news that the leader has vowed to stop?  Kratom is still illegal, use at your own peril. If I was paranoid type I might think this is spread around so more people can be arrested and fined. Oh yes, Kratom will be legal for Thai's but not necessarily for tourist. Tourist may well need a special visa stamp, maybe 5000 baht stamp would do(monthly). 

Edited by IAMHERE
weasel words added to deflect defamery

13 hours ago, Inn Between said:

When I broke my ankle it didn't really hurt very much in the ambulance, but I was eventually given morphine at the hospital after a young doctor botched a temporary hot-splint setting that put me in extreme pain. It had absolutely no effect on me, so they gave me some more, and the same was true. The next day, they gave me two percocet tablets  as I was about to leave the hospital, and within 20 minutes I was vomiting violently. That continued for about an hour, and I was so sick for the next 3 days, I couldn't eat any solid food. 

It seems that not only do opiates not help my pain but can also make me violently ill, so I'm thrilled to hear of other sources being used and researched for pain management. Interestingly, Ibuprofen had the best results for relieving my pain while healing, and of course I didn't even bother to fill the percocet prescription. 

Management of nausea has been a challenge for doctors and pharma, but cannabis is helping with that aspect of well-being, so let's hope the business players of medicine embrace the anecdotal truths people know about these natural substances and make their medicines available with best effect.  

You should seriously consider wearing a medic alert of some type, if you were unconscious, or unable to communicate, in hospital you wouldn't want to be given something that would cause more problems. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CALSinCM said:

A "Medical Hub" to "raw the attention of foreigners and stimulate the national economy such as surgical beauty, transgender surgery, knee joints, cardiac systems, difficulties giving birth and dental care", but perhaps not Alzheimers patients or others needing long-term care at Thai facilities.  Those it seems need a 'retirement visa' in order to stay. 
The Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Tourism and Sports should perhaps consult with the Ministries of Health and the Ministry of Immigration before making any plans as the latter seems to be loathe to issue Medical Visas to those who should easily qualify, such as the foreign Alzheimer's patient who was receiving care at a Chiang Mai long-term care facility for Alzheimer's patients last year but was force to leave the country.

I'm not a medical professional but it seems to me the list of treatments mentioned are for treatable conditions, things that can be fixed or done in a short time. Alzheimer's is not curable. 

As for the lady treated in Chiang mai and was moved to the Philippines by her family - no one forced her out of here. It was a pure economical decision by her daughter

• Like 2

“Those who use them can stop using it easily, and the leaves can be used as herb to relieve pain, fever, dysentery, or diarrhea. Also, it is better than morphine thirteen times in killing pain.” he said.

If these numbers would be from a reputable source, I'd believe it.

13 times stronger, or better than morphine? Please........

• Like 1

The headline refers to cannabis being removed from the drugs list without any detail. I would be interested in the specifics of what is intended, but in this back of an envelope policy country I shan’t be holding my breath.

• Like 1