Price of copying files in photo studio here

susanschwaiger

Hallo !
Does anyone know, how much is the normal price in photoshop in Pattaya, for copying electric files ?
We were offered 5000 baht as a package for doing family photos in traditional Thai address. 3 persons, each has 3 sets of dress. Took about 3 hours, made 193 photos. 

But later when we requested to copy all the data files,  we were told the price is  600 baht for each !After a hard bargain(no one can speak English, the lady wrote down the a detailed price list with different number of photo copying ), we paid extra 13000 baht. So in total 18000 baht, for  44 electrical photo files, 10 prints out without frames. 

I will still go there again for taking the prints out. Wondering how much is the normal situation here, maybe I can talk with them again,  to copy some more files within the already paid cost. 

Any info is appreciated !

Obviously Susan, who might be ????????? meant to say digital or electronic photos. Printing photos from a memory card should not cost you more than a print of an old style film photo. Most shops show price lists with sample sizes. Just imagine you can buy a box of photopaper 100 pieces A4 for about 150 Baht on Lazada. Then stick those in your color printer and print yourself. A reasonable good Epson printer can be bought for 4500 Baht. Do the numbers yourself. Maybe I misunderstood something in your post? Hopefully there will be some photoexperts giving you more details soon. Happy New Year. MS>

Ja, I meant when my husband wanted to copy all the RAW files from the camera to his USB, then the shop charged 600 baht for each RAW File, which was about 30MB each. The  highest price the owner offered was 45000 baht, but we didn't understand anything because she talked in Thai. PS: I keyed in  English into Google Translation and showed her the Thai  translation, but she just always answered in Thai, which made us very  tired and frustrated. 

I've got some info from other ladies. It seems the normal practice here. OK, so , let it be . Thanks and have a nice day. 

6 hours ago, Guderian said:

You can buy a decent printer in TukCom for 2000 Baht. Photo quality paper is fairly expensive, but still far cheaper than the prices the OP is quoting. Why not DIY?

And a computer and ink cartridges and the skills to do the job. They were subjected to a bait and switch... very common here. What was originally a 5000 baht job ended up more as they tried to get more for their money and ended up paying a lot more. 

Archived