EU may need to extend deadline for trade talks with UK: von der Leyen

snoop1130

Of course the EU tries everything possible to prevent an exit but that decision was taken by the UK citizen and not all those useless crooks in Brussels. Lead by an alcoholic for years who replaced a Maoist Portuguese in taylor-made suits and now run by one of Germany's most inefficiently dangerous women .......

Hope BoJo pulls the whole story through so everybody can get on with their life and the EU cronies can focus on more important things like working for the benefit of their countries. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I wont be crying and I imagine all that vote for him won't either. Just those who can't accept a democratic process, yet again.

I see you can only use speculations again.

It is not for this thread as this is about the EU and UK but nobody can seem to tell me the terrible things that the US president has done in the world, so far.

I guess like we have the remainers, the US has a similar political ideology. If we don't win we complain, cry and stamp our feet until we get our own way. Forget a democratic process as we don't care about it.

I actually think you did yourself good with Brexit. Were I British, I would be happy with it. But I think your leader will betray you.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

You actually said Donald would betray us. Either way everyone is entitled to an opinion. Happy days.

I said both of them would. Donald already has betrayed his constituents many times over. I don't believe Boris is made of any better stuff. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I went back and read it again and pasted it below in italic. Either way it is not that important. Well thankfully in the last GE (a few weeks ago) many Brits disagree with you on Boris and like others have pointed out I believe the USA will vote DT in again.

"The entire world will be crying if that catastrophe takes place. And if you think he's a true friend of you guys and your Boris, think again. And get ready for the betrayal. That's always up his sleeve. You will pay".

Disingenuous. My first post, above the one you selected, reads as follows: Your Boris is as sneaky and conniving as our Donald. He'll give away your fisheries and pay the EU 39 billion for the privilege of doing so. And then declare it a win.

45 minutes ago, vogie said:

You may not like his decisions and may not be to your liking, which may be understandable due to the likelihood of some subscriptions on mainland Europe having to increase, but I still don't think it warrants pathetic memes and snide remarks. 

I just read this interesting article from a veteran Conservative MP:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/dec/22/boris-johnson-told-to-stop-campaigning-and-start-governing-ken-clarke-brexit

Boris Johnson should 'stop campaigning and start governing', says Ken Clarke

Ken Clarke criticises PM for having no detailed plans for Brexit or social care

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I just read this interesting article from a veteran Conservative MP:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/dec/22/boris-johnson-told-to-stop-campaigning-and-start-governing-ken-clarke-brexit

Boris Johnson should 'stop campaigning and start governing', says Ken Clarke

Ken Clarke criticises PM for having no detailed plans for Brexit or social care

Does it have anything to do with the topic, just asking?

If I didn't know you better I would say that you just love digging the dirt on Boris (elected) and have no interest in discussing the matter at hand.

Michael Heseltine not Ken Clarke but near enough to matter.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, vogie said:

How can Boris know what's going to happen in 2020, he is to a certain extent reliant on the EU, UVDL may be saying it's impossible, but Mr Barnier and his negotiators are not saying this, he stated: EU’s chief Brexit negotiator Michel Barnier said earlier this week that drafting and ratifying a post-Brexit deal by next year was an “immense challenge but we will give it our all”.

Boris has only been elected PM for two weeks, so give him some slack eh, prior to his monumental victory he was fighting with at least one hand tied behind his back, he now has full carte blanche to do what he thinks is best for our country and is not reliant on the MPs trying their damnest to scuttle us leaving the EU. Many have underestimated him before, he certainly holds a better set of playing cards than he did two weeks ago. We cannot go on forever kicking the proverbial can down the road, none of our electorate who elected him would expect him to do so, he is doing just fine. 

After nearly four years of parliamentary wrangling it is time to get this nightmare over with and as quick as we can. You of course are singing from a different song sheet and I totally expect you not to see things as we do. But the main thing that Boris has going for him is the backing of our country, maybe not all, but the majority.

I can understand why the EU are in no rush to get a deal done quickly, when they are receiving 1 billion pounds a month off us, if I put myself in their place I would do the same. But instead of always blaming the UK can I remind you that it is in both parties interest to get a deal done and dusted, no good them cutting their noses off to spite their faces now is it.

Finally, I've told you before about your analogies................????

I would be delighted if the UK and EU could make that deal within a year.

But after reading lots of articles in lots of different publications it seems to be clear to me that it's impossible to get such a deal within one year. Sure, people will say they will try. But looking at reality best case they will be able to make some mini deal and continue from there.

I think almost everybody in the UK and EU wants that this capital is done as soon as possible. But let's stay realistic. And one year for everything is not realistic.

And about what Boris wants: Sure, it's something different what someone wants and what will happen. But at the beginning from any deal are ideas how this deal should realistically look like. So what is Boris realistic idea? The UK making all decisions independently and at the same time having full access to the EU is not realistic. So what does he want? How does his best case scenario for 2021 look like? And please a realistic scenario, not a dream.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1