EU may need to extend deadline for trade talks with UK: von der Leyen

snoop1130

22 minutes ago, david555 said:

yeah , you won all over.... ????an now for the 100th time  you go see us go flat belly at the end of 2020 …..(SNAP! Fingers noice )… wake up !

People like you thought the same in 1939......????

13 minutes ago, transam said:

People like you thought the same in 1939......????

I guess you are referring to the nationalistic movement what happened in Germany. Yes, Brexit nationalism really looks a lot the same. 

That is what makes many people worried of the right wing nationalistic movement. Social democrats, as they used to call themselves. Not they are UKIP and other groups similar groups. 

45 minutes ago, transam said:

how YOU are going to pay for the loss

I am curious.

The E.U. didn't bring any changes in my daily life, and neither to the other Belgian people I know.

Well OK, there is European Union indicated on our passport instead of only Kingdom of Belgium before, we can live with that.

But now that an important financial contributor is leaving, wonder if that will affect us ( men in the street ) somehow.

5 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

I am curious.

The E.U. didn't bring any changes in my daily life, and neither to the other Belgian people I know.

Well OK, there is European Union indicated on our passport instead of only Kingdom of Belgium before, we can live with that.

But now that an important financial contributor is leaving, wonder if that will affect us ( men in the street ) somehow.

You forgot probably that not the E.U. brought changes , but its predecessor,  the Benelux as this was the success mother of it all ,as the big country's saw the success, so  they took it over to E.E.C. and became later  the E.U.

So it is always same we only see the bad things never the good things, but I agree that the E.U. organization becomes too big , and a certain # does not fit in …. and  1 or 2 more troublesome ones should leave too 

9 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Sorry, reread my post.

No changes I and other oldies are aware of. 

The wording "are aware of " summons it all , as we can not compare when we wouldn't  be under E.U. rulings ...something like as we not know what would became of our lives under different circumstances ….

The USA seems not to have trouble with it to have x # states , nor have the Americans …. or maybe only Texas would like independence ...LOL 

Edited by david555

27 minutes ago, david555 said:

something like as we not know what would became of our lives under different circumstances ….

Well we know what it was before the E.U. and we know how it is now under the E.U. ( no difference).

We don't know yet what it will be without the U.K. in the E.U.

Honestly I and other "oldies" are egoist, if nothing change to our pension, and our daily life, we really don't care if we are yes or no a member of the E.U., and if yes or no the U.K. is part of the E.U..

I don't know what will change for the U.K. man of the street, I mean concretely, not only the satisfaction to not be part of the E.U. anymore.

We all will have to  wait and see.

in the meantime,I am pleased Belgium decided to grant me 330 ThB more pension a month starting this month.

Something Belgium still can decide on his own.

1 hour ago, luckyluke said:

I am curious.

image.png.0be662490b000ada9b0d1627c85fa429.pngimage.png.0be662490b000ada9b0d1627c85fa429.png

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Well we know what it was before the E.U. and we know how it is now under the E.U. ( no difference).

We don't know yet what it will be without the U.K. in the E.U.

Honestly I and other "oldies" are egoist, if nothing change to our pension, and our daily life, we really don't care if we are yes or no a member of the E.U., and if yes or no the U.K. is part of the E.U..

I don't know what will change for the U.K. man of the street, I mean concretely, not only the satisfaction to not be part of the E.U. anymore.

We all will have to  wait and see.

in the meantime,I am pleased Belgium decided to grant me 330 ThB more pension a month starting this month.

Something Belgium still can decide on his own.

Yes not frozen as those good democratic U.K. do , and even Belgium pensioners  getting when marrying 25% more against cutting  like The Netherlands , even when only living together they cut their AOW ….insane ..!

And probably March you get 2% again more  (indexation..)

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, david555 said:

, and even Belgium pensioners  getting when marrying 25% more... 

And probably March you get 2% again more  (indexation..)

Me and my Thai partner decided to live together out of love. 

After 7 years, we decided to marry ( for the money/25% more pension) 

She is now my wife for 13 years. 

When I will die (I am 22 years older) she will get 80% of my last pension amount till she die, or remarried (She should be crazy). 

Belgian law, E.U. nothing to say about it. 

Let the 2% come in March. 

By the way I have now a net pension of 2300 Euro monthly, nice amount, but not that exceptional for a Belgian married retired couple. 

I know it is different in the U.K., and also other countries of the E.U..

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Me and my Thai partner decided to live together out of love. 

After 7 years, we decided to marry ( for the money/25% more pension) 

She is now my wife for 13 years. 

When I will die (I am 22 years older) she will get 80% of my last pension amount till she die, or remarried (She should be crazy). 

Belgian law, E.U. nothing to say about it. 

Let the 2% come in March. 

By the way I have now a net pension of 2300 Euro monthly, nice amount, but not that exceptional for a Belgian married retired couple. 

I know it is different in the U.K., and also other countries of the E.U..

Only instruct the wife very well about the rules and pitfalls , as you know them , but she alone probably not.., making a instruction worklist for it would be good idea .

Your present € gift is because they shifted the taxation levels up , so less taxes on it and RSZ

Hope it is long years not needed to use it … 5555

Edited by david555
  • Thanks 1