EU may need to extend deadline for trade talks with UK: von der Leyen

snoop1130

17 minutes ago, vogie said:

I think you have a problem holding back your rudeness sometimes, but do not worry we don't have much longer to endure the snide remarks from some posters.

Will you go back to the wonderful UK to live there happily ever after and not contribute to Thai Visa anymore?

Or will I be banned from this forum for not supporting Boris?

And how much longer is "much longer"? I a certain lots of people, especially Europeans, will continue to laugh for years about Great Britain and their idea that they are able to dictate the rules to the EU, USA, China and other big players.

Brexit-16617.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, evadgib said:

She also stated she would leave UK if Boris won, yet was still present during a press preview last week and squirmed when her fellow panelist Brendan O'Neill pointed it out ????

Give her time - as much as she wants. :cheesy:

Edited by nauseus

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

That seems to be one of the problem from some of those people in the UK. If the facts are not on your side and you know you can't win with words then you think it's time to punch someone.

It’s pretty typical isn’t it?

These blokes are all tip and no iceberg. 

Scratch the surface a little, challenge their grey matter just a small amount - and they revert to their anti-foreigner yob mentality. It would be funny if it want so predictable. 

4 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

You snide jibes of little UK are pathetic and obviously you are not from the UK. I would love you to mention that in the UK and see what happens. I can tell you that you would be eating from a straw and deservedly so.

11 hours ago, Loiner said:

Why not go to the pub, sit on a stool and ask a few Freds. They will put a foreign windbag on the right track about what's best for them.

Edited by samran
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, nauseus said:

It's the vast majority of small businesses in the UK (that don't export) that have had to bear extra costs for years due to the burden of EU regulations. What are you on about? 

We are talking trade deals aren’t we? 

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Did a Brit steal your wife or something? So much hate and bitterness towards the U.K. Quite sad really.

Don’t hate the UK at all. Where have I said that? Oh that’s right, I haven’t. 

But feel free jog on with your conspiracy theories...

• Confused 1

52 minutes ago, samran said:

We are talking trade deals aren’t we? 

Your guess is as good as mine. You mentioned regulations and I responded. Regulations may be involved with any trade deal but I don't think that we will have even more from the EU than we have already.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Your guess is as good as mine. You mentioned regulations and I responded. Regulations may be involved with any trade deal but I don't think that we will have even more from the EU than we have already.

If you want to keep trading as seamlessly as possible there is going to have to be regulatory adherence.

Problem becomes that now there is going to be a whole lot of new trade agreements - you are going to have to align products for those regulatory regimes as well. It’s a pain for smaller businesses. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/27/2019 at 6:37 PM, vogie said:

Didn't you also say that Boris will be the shortest reigning PM as well, just asking?????

The last thing we need right now is an unelected leader in Brussels telling our elected PM in the UK what to do. We both have the same deadline to work to now, time to stop messing about a get on with it instead of making excuses before we even start talking. 

The leader, if you refer to Ursula, was elected ... (I spare myself to insert an appropriated term assessing your mental health) ... or how exactly do you think she got head of the EU commission? Appointed by a god?

• Confused 2

21 minutes ago, nauseus said:

We can have the same "adherence" as any other 3rd country that has an agreement with the EU and without all the political BS, add-ons and conditions too. This does not seem to be a problem for other countries. Most small UK businesses do not export to the EU and they will benefit from regulatory relief, which will reduce their costs and make them more profitable.

I am curious. What are those regulatory burdens that will be relieved? Can you be more specific?

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, candide said:

I am curious. What are those regulatory burdens that will be relieved? Can you be more specific?

comon/inner maket stuff

adherence to EU product standards may be skipped if that is what UK desires

• Like 1