EU may need to extend deadline for trade talks with UK: von der Leyen

snoop1130

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

Honestly, it sounds like you got your visa application refused. Oh well, one less Aussie Barman in Camden Town probably won’t kill the UK economy.

Look on the bright side, the western suburbs aren’t THAT bad. Penrith and Parramatta are lovely in December if you avoid the junkies at the train stations.

Maybe they have a job going at one of the leagues clubs? You could serve schooners of VB, watch Aussie Rules and slag off the “poms” at the same time. Better than exposing yourself as a bitter Brit hater by posting reams of anti U.K. rhetoric on literally every <deleted> thread here on TV ????.

Your post basically epitomizes what is wrong here with you and a few others. 

I offer a view - not about brexit, which is done and dusted and which I accepted would happen back in July 2016 - but a commentary on the unicorn and rainbow view of the ‘fantastic trade deals’ that you reckon you are going to make all in the period of the next 11 months. 

But when confronted with this - and this is the key marker of a xenophobe,  all of a sudden I’m somehow anti british and accompanied by the vitriol that we’ve seen on this thread. Kick the messenger for telling you that Santa doesn’t really exist. 

As for my right to comment on this topic, I’ve got the right to vote in the UK if I’m living there (but I’m not cause I let me leave to remain lapse) - thailand is better for me career wise. So if you don’t like what I am saying, feel free to rebut my points, or block me.

As for the rest of your post, they don’t drink VB in NSW. The still sometimes do in Victoria but a served in pots, not schooners. If you are in a leagues club you are probably watching NRL, not Aussie rules.

But nice try on the cultural references - 4/10 for effort there, champ. 

Edited by samran
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Loiner said:

Ah, the foreigner bit has hit a nerve hasn't it. Has it put another chip on your shoulder? Right next to the superiority delusion chip?

Has it escaped you that the whole UK / EU situation is about our relationship with foreigners? A foreign federation holding sway over UK laws, commerce, culture and the rest of it. The UK decided we don't want foreigners telling how to do things. It's quite clear that many foreigners don't like that, (see quote above) but you are all going to have to live with it. Not that your collective opinions matter much, a we have made our decision. As for the foreigners who are not directly affected by our upcoming independence, the further away you are away from the action, the less your opinion matters to us. 

My plan is to put in place a parliament and PM who will deliver Brexit and negotiate favourable trade deals for us. That plan is working already thanks!   

No, the only one who is triggered here by the word foreigner is you. 

But nice post the rest of it, but I’ve seen better arguments from my 12 year old  daughter. At least you haven’t ended this post in the possibility of harm happening to me. Well done - must have been an effort for you. 

Edited by samran
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

"negotiate favourable trade deals for us." Bit of a typo there. I think you meant to say, "negotiate favourable trade deals for US." and of course we don't want any trade deals with Johnny foreigner in Europe, we've just spent 4 years trying to free ourselves from their slavery. Best WTO rules. Britannia rules the waves, so it doesn't matter if our economy sinks below them, we're Brits, the captain always goes down with his ship.

Oh, I forgot our captain and his backers have bet against the British economy so they're "alright Jack".

Don’t tell Loiner that the UK will be the very junior partner in any of these trade deals, it will scare him too much. 

As for WTO rules, well his best mate over the Atlantic has see fit to sabotage them. Something about Johnny Foreigner rortting those rules too. Funny that. Always someone else’s fault isn’t it?

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, candide said:

I am curious. What are those regulatory burdens that will be relieved? Can you be more specific?

Too many to be specific but briefly, regulations that all UK companies have to follow whether they export to the EU or not.

3 hours ago, samran said:

No, the only one who is triggered here by the word foreigner is you. 

But nice post the rest of it, but I’ve seen better arguments from my 12 year old  daughter. At least you haven’t ended this post in the possibility of harm happening to me. Well done - must have been an effort for you. 

Nope, it’s all you Blue. Antipodean lefty snowflakery at it’s best. 

Mate, those chips on your shoulders are way out of balance.

Any harm? Well that would be have to be all self inflicted. Don’t do it mate. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, samran said:

Your post basically epitomizes what is wrong here with you and a few others. 

I offer a view - not about brexit, which is done and dusted and which I accepted would happen back in July 2016 - but a commentary on the unicorn and rainbow view of the ‘fantastic trade deals’ that you reckon you are going to make all in the period of the next 11 months. 

But when confronted with this - and this is the key marker of a xenophobe,  all of a sudden I’m somehow anti british and accompanied by the vitriol that we’ve seen on this thread. Kick the messenger for telling you that Santa doesn’t really exist. 

As for my right to comment on this topic, I’ve got the right to vote in the UK if I’m living there (but I’m not cause I let me leave to remain lapse) - thailand is better for me career wise. So if you don’t like what I am saying, feel free to rebut my points, or block me.

As for the rest of your post, they don’t drink VB in NSW. The still sometimes do in Victoria but a served in pots, not schooners. If you are in a leagues club you are probably watching NRL, not Aussie rules.

But nice try on the cultural references - 4/10 for effort there, champ. 

VB is served all over Oz - they must make a huge loss if nobody is drinking it. Strange eh?  

44 minutes ago, Loiner said:

I don’t think Loiner is scared at all. The UK’s trade balance with all parties means it punches way above its weight. This is despite what the Remainers and Johnny Foreigner would try have everybody believe. 

If you can’t understand that, maybe you shouldn’t be allowed out without adult supervision. 

Don’t worry, the trade surplus will quickly diminish once you have inferior trading access. 

As for adult supervision, I’m fine, thanks for asking. 

But you might want to keep tabs on the incontinence pads while they let you out from the nursing home. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, nauseus said:

VB is served all over Oz - they must make a huge loss if nobody is drinking it. Strange eh?  

It’s available all over oz is probably a better way of putting it but it has its roots in Victoria. NSW have their own local one Tooheys I’m pretty sure. QLD has XXXX. That state based preference has weakened over time given the deals the breweries do, but states are still pretty parochial. 

Carlton draft I think is the biggest selling beer in the country. 

But what this has to do with UK trade deals I’m not sure. No rebuttal of the rest of the post I see...

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, samran said:

Don’t worry, the trade surplus will quickly diminish once you have inferior trading access. 

As for adult supervision, I’m fine, thanks for asking. 

But you might want to keep tabs on the incontinence pads while they let you out from the nursing home. 

I'll admit I have had way too many beers tonight to think clearly, but are you actually saying that the solution to this disagreement is for the EU to say:

"Som nom na. We won't let you buy our stuff."

How exactly does that help the EU in any way? And why is that a negative for the UK? I definitely missed something in your retort. It might be me however. Just typing this query is somewhat of a challenge. And the tower of beer cans is threatening to fall on my keyboard. But I really don't get your thought process on this one.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, samran said:

It’s available all over oz is probably a better way of putting it but it has its roots in Victoria. NSW have their own local one Tooheys I’m pretty sure. QLD has XXXX. That state based preference has weakened over time given the deals the breweries do, but states are still pretty parochial. 

Carlton draft I think is the biggest selling beer in the country. 

But what this has to do with UK trade deals I’m not sure. No rebuttal of the rest of the post I see...

I've drunk beer all over Australia. Of course there are state favourites. But your comment about VB was false. What else was there to rebut in the rest of your empty post?

Aussie beer probably has nothing or little to do with UK trade deals ..... but you brought it up...barf. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, nauseus said:

I've drunk beer all over Australia. Of course there are state favourites. But your comment about VB was false. What else was there to rebut in the rest of your empty post?

Aussie beer probably has nothing or little to do with UK trade deals ..... but you brought it up...barf. 

A brexiter caring about statistical accuracy, facts and figures! My god, must be a blue moon!!

But I still drink beer in Australia regularly, and VB is nowhere near as popular as it once was. But given others have defended the superiority of bar stool observations, then mine should be fine with you. 

As for me bringing to topic up, maybe read back a bit more to your mate little Johnny.

Edited by samran
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Yes, the EU exports more to the UK than the other way round.

Any new tariffs will probably be the same rate, each way.

So, the EU will have to pay more in tariffs overall.

That's fair.

Yeah, good luck with that. Not if treasury gets its way.

https://www.ft.com/content/b89dffbc-e99a-11e9-85f4-d00e5018f061

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, samran said:

A brexiter caring about statistical accuracy, facts and figures! My god, must be a blue moon!! But I still drink beer in Australia regularly, and VB is nowhere near as popular as it once was. But given others have defended the superiority of bar stool observations, then mine should be fine with you. 

As for me bringing to topic up, maybe read back a bit more to your mate little Johnny.

I care about honesty. And I still love VB.

Now take a look your tariffs again. Do you really think that if the EU slaps tariffs on UK exports into the EU that the UK will not do the same in kind? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, nauseus said:

I care about honesty. And I still love VB.

Now take a look your tariffs again. Do you really think that if the EU slaps tariffs on UK exports into the EU that the UK will not do the same in kind? 

No I don’t. And neither do the farmers. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-49970197

• Confused 1

On 12/28/2019 at 11:51 AM, Loiner said:

they are now looking for more tricks to try and keep clinging on to the UK's trade and 9Bn contribution. "Let's try an extension again, it worked for the past year or more."

Even if we get a deal done by next December, aren't we still paying into the EU for the next 4-5 years on the current deal?

Edited by Chelseafan
  • Confused 1