Any 3BB Fiber Users Managed to Dump ISP Router, Not just Bridge Mode?

RedCardinal

8 hours ago, recom273 said:

It's a Huawei, EG8010H - We had some difficulties when moving in, 3BB didnt really know how to install it. The 3BB "tech" tried to tell me it wouldn't work because I was living in the village, I was too far away from the city, that there was a different protocol used in Issan than the south, etc and they bought 3 different types of ONT to try and solve the issue. So, if you cant get the one mentioned, they have alternatives. There is no config, they are already setup, it's just a basic terminal, one fibre port in - one ethernet port out.

Thanks for the info. I was looking at the HG8030M on Lazada. Will look for the EG8010H now.

8 hours ago, observer90210 said:

NT may be ok if you read Thai. But for a majority, 3bb seems far more foreigner friendly with full english available on their website. Try to find a sigle english word on the NT broadband internet website.....if you do so, you are not on the correct website????

After reading this thread, I looked at the NT website and came to the same conclusion.

30 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Thanks for the info. I was looking at the HG8030M on Lazada. Will look for the EG8010H now.

I need to check the serial for you, maybe HG not EG - I was just working off images on internet and memory - Lazada have this -

https://s.lazada.co.th/s.Pc5Fl

but it’s really something for 3bb to supply you for free - I had enough problems with getting them to figure out how to configure their own kit in the first place, the solution was like another poster, have the correct VLAN to add to your PPoE credentials - they would probably walk away from a non-3bb ONU. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, muratremix said:

This is incorrect. 3BB has it's own International Gateway and 3BB torrenting and downloading speed is pretty good. I'm getting 400-500 Mbit/s easily on a single torrent.

Are you sure 3BB have their own gateway? I can't find it on the attached.  Instantaneous Speed for me is irrelevant, volume is important to me, I am getting 2.7TB/day consistently with CAT. My 2 servers are about 350 TB.

Temp1.png

23 hours ago, recom273 said:

I need to check the serial for you, maybe HG not EG - I was just working off images on internet and memory - Lazada have this -

https://s.lazada.co.th/s.Pc5Fl

but it’s really something for 3bb to supply you for free - I had enough problems with getting them to figure out how to configure their own kit in the first place, the solution was like another poster, have the correct VLAN to add to your PPoE credentials - they would probably walk away from a non-3bb ONU. 

Thanks for the update. I've already bought the HG8310M (from the same vendor in your link above) to play with. 

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Like 1

Success!

I have managed to remove the 3BB supplied HG8145V routing-type Optical Network Terminal (which I previously set to bridge mode, so I can use my ASUS RT-AC86U instead) from my 3BB fibre setup and replace it with a HG8310M ONT that I bought off Lazada for 300 baht. Here's a pic of my setup. I've left the HG8145V in the picture so you can see the difference in the size of the devices. I'm keeping it there as a standby for a couple of days so I can easily revert to the old setup, should anything untoward happen.

IMG_20230926_102717.jpg

Replacing the 3BB Huawei HG8145V Router with a Huawei HG8310M Bridging ONT.pdf

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Thanks 2

• 4 months later...
16 hours ago, wozzlegummich said:

Did anyone get the UFiber NanoG working with 3BB Fibre? I would love to stick to all Ubiquiti Unifi stuff.
image.png.0ba2f7937a96a1b10b92074a8e0cbcfa.png

You can contact Ubiquity Thailand 02 114 7275 to check if it's possible. I haven't seen them for sale here, have you?

I don't actually see much benefit  - they aren't unifi, so im guessing the don't appear on the conroller dashboard. I can monitor my 3BB ONT (same model as @Mutt Daeng details above, on my own home dashboard.

image.png.b4b9ef36f1ef7080ed2ee5de3d84c678.png

Edited by recom273

On 9/26/2023 at 11:51 AM, Mutt Daeng said:

Success!

I have managed to remove the 3BB supplied HG8145V routing-type Optical Network Terminal (which I previously set to bridge mode, so I can use my ASUS RT-AC86U instead) from my 3BB fibre setup and replace it with a HG8310M ONT that I bought off Lazada for 300 baht. Here's a pic of my setup. I've left the HG8145V in the picture so you can see the difference in the size of the devices. I'm keeping it there as a standby for a couple of days so I can easily revert to the old setup, should anything untoward happen.

IMG_20230926_102717.jpg

Replacing the 3BB Huawei HG8145V Router with a Huawei HG8310M Bridging ONT.pdf 264.29 kB · 9 downloads

1. MD, any update on how your alternate setup above is or isn't working since your prior post on this?

2. Anyone else with a 3BB fiber setup manage to replicate MD's experience with this?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

1. MD, any update on how your alternate setup above is or isn't working since your prior post on this?

2. Anyone else with a 3BB fiber setup manage to replicate MD's experience with this?

Yes, I have a 3BB supplied GPON ONT running for many years, the Huawei model numbers seem to be different, but they still do the same thing, maybe the same inner workings.

@Mutt Daeng Is your setup still functioning? 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, recom273 said:
19 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Expand  

Yes, I have a 3BB supplied GPON ONT running for many years, the Huawei model numbers seem to be different, but they still do the same thing, maybe the same inner workings.

@Mutt Daeng Is your setup still functioning? 

@TallGuyJohninBKK, @recom273 yes, my setup is still working fine. Not had any problems whatsoever.

Although the upload speed seems low (I am on 1Gb/1Gb package)

Untitled.jpg

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2024 at 10:07 AM, recom273 said:

You can contact Ubiquity Thailand 02 114 7275 to check if it's possible. I haven't seen them for sale here, have you?

I don't actually see much benefit  - they aren't unifi, so im guessing the don't appear on the conroller dashboard. I can monitor my 3BB ONT (same model as @Mutt Daeng details above, on my own home dashboard.

image.png.b4b9ef36f1ef7080ed2ee5de3d84c678.png

Is this visible in Unifi Controller?

On 1/30/2024 at 8:40 AM, Mutt Daeng said:

@TallGuyJohninBKK, @recom273 yes, my setup is still working fine. Not had any problems whatsoever.

Although the upload speed seems low (I am on 1Gb/1Gb package)

Untitled.jpg

I get the same results on Speedtest, using the router supplied by 3BB, 1GB/500.

Why need I change please?

17 hours ago, KannikaP said:

I get the same results on Speedtest, using the router supplied by 3BB, 1GB/500.

Why need I change please?

Not sure what you are asking. Nobody has said anyone "needs" to change anything.

Edited by Mutt Daeng