A little logic.

1 hour ago, BigStar said:

As I said, this is really your only point. It's been made ad nauseam on the forum already. Turns out no tourist or expat in the whole world needs it. ???? And you could have made that same point, in one sentence, in one of the numerous other threads related to the insurance without claims to superior "logic" and intelligence while denigrating Immigration.

If that is the only point that you can glean from my numerous posts on this subject then I pity you. 

However it is consistent with the comprehension shown in this next piece of prose.  

I suspect, however, you still haven't given up the illogical idea that a bank deposit isn't the same as insurance. ???? (Might check the difference in the documentation: bank book vs policy, or get someone to explain it to you.) Part of the reason is that you probably still think, quite erroneously, that a hospital can automatically "claim" it. ???? In fact, it's trivial to envision a scenario, as just one example, wherein that deposit mysteriously disappears from your account the moment you're wheeled into a hospital. TIT.

This has been a useful thread, though, for clarifying a point or two thanks to Maestro and ubonjoe's excellent informed contributions, so we that don't have usual blind leading the blind.

I am glad that my topic post has enabled a few points to be clarified for you. Imagine how confused you would have remained had I done as you advised- you could have made that same point, in one sentence.  

17 hours ago, Maestro said:
2 hours ago, BigStar said:

As I said, this is really your only point. It's been made ad nauseam on the forum already. Turns out no tourist or expat in the whole world needs it. ???? And you could have made that same point, in one sentence, in one of the numerous other threads related to the insurance without claims to superior "logic" and intelligence while denigrating Immigration.

I suspect, however, you still haven't given up the illogical idea that a bank deposit isn't the same as insurance. ???? (Might check the difference in the documentation: bank book vs policy, or get someone to explain it to you.) Part of the reason is that you probably still think, quite erroneously, that a hospital can automatically "claim" it. ???? In fact, it's trivial to envision a scenario, as just one example, wherein that deposit mysteriously disappears from your account the moment you're wheeled into a hospital. TIT.

This has been a useful thread, though, for clarifying a point or two thanks to Maestro and ubonjoe's excellent informed contributions, so we that don't have usual blind leading the blind.

One thing I find impossible to believe is that these changes were made to reduce corruption. 

Nearly all retirees I know now pay tea money to get their visa. Less stress they say

Most the money goes to the top, hence the blatant taking of money goes unnoticed.

The more obstacles, the more money, simple Thai economics. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tgeezer said:

I can recognise that there are so many conflicting interpretations of the Cabinet Resolution that I find it very difficult to resolve them all so I will simply say what is the effect of this resolution is. 

1. Hospitals have a new annual income stream from Insurance Medicals.

2.  Insurance companies have a new annual income stream from policies. 

3. Individuals are tasked with the financial penalty of providing 1 and 2. 

I object to item 3 because I don’t need insurance cover in the sum assured of 400.000THB.  Paying for Insurance is like throwing money down the drain. 

Isn't good insurance a great thing to have?

20 hours ago, tgeezer said:

I am glad that my topic post has enabled a few points to be clarified for you. Imagine how confused you would have remained had I done as you advised- you could have made that same point, in one sentence.  

I personally needed no such clarification of the obvious. Nor do I waste time speculating on the whys and wherefores and dreaming up superior "solutions" for every one of Thailand's perceived imperfections--which is a full-time occupation for many a retiree. What is, is. I did amuse myself helping to straighten out the tangled logic of your post, however.

Edited by BigStar

23 hours ago, BigStar said:

I personally needed no such clarification of the obvious. Nor do I waste time speculating on the whys and wherefores and dreaming up superior "solutions" for every one of Thailand's perceived imperfections--which is a full-time occupation for many a retiree. What is, is. I did amuse myself helping to straighten out the tangled logic of your post, however.

This is off topic, as was you first comment. Since you brought up the subject perhaps you would prefer to explain how reading up on Platonism in metaphysics and logical empiricism will help me in my posts.  That post was favoured by ten others so they might also like to help you in that. 

The posts that ubonjoe and Maestro made which you so sycophantically supported in spite of them not telling you anything,  did not contradict me.