BANGKOK
giddyup

What are the best Apps to install on new Android TV?

Might seem like a dumb question but never had a Smart TV before so not sure what to install. I mainly watch movies and TV series, so anything that doesn't require a subscription or a VPN.

If you buy a Sony Bravia there is a known fault that makes the TV reboot frequently if you use a VPN.  It is only on New Bravia TVs and does not happen on old Bravia.  Sony say, wait until the next version and it may be fixed.

don't install iFlix I did and mrs is up till 3am everyday day binging on Korean soaps

• Haha 2

Single best app is YouTube. I have also installed apps like Spotify and radio stations. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, terminatorchiangmai said:

Netflix is good.

AIS play has some ok movies and series to watch in English with Thai subs

Enjoy

I asked for Apps without a subscription, Netflix isn't free.

3 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

don't install iFlix I did and mrs is up till 3am everyday day binging on Korean soaps

That aside 😉😉 how is it for an old brit farang? Worth it? No sport on it is there? 

Cheers  Paul 

10 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I asked for Apps without a subscription, Netflix isn't free.

Ask the same question using Google and you'll get the info you want. There are several lists of nice apps for an Android box. 

Bought a "non smart" TV 2 years ago, and along with an android box use Kodi to watch all movies and TV shows.  

My 55" Smart TV is unfortunately not as smart as my Android Box. I am not sure if all Smart TVs are the same but the onboard apps on my TV are very limited and not very usefull, whilst the STB has more apps than you can shake a stick at.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Max69xl said:

Ask the same question using Google and you'll get the info you want. There are several lists of nice apps for an Android box. 

Yes, I know what Google is, but I was asking for first hand opinions/experience about Apps from TV members. Feel free not to participate.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, vogie said:

My 55" Smart TV is unfortunately not as smart as my Android Box. I am not sure if all Smart TVs are the same but the onboard apps on my TV are very limited and not very usefull, whilst the STB has more apps than you can shake a stick at.

I think any App you can get on your box you should be able to get on an Android TV. You may have to use Search to find some as they aren't installed.

Get something like an Intel NUC, mini Windows PC, connect HDMI, and the world is at your mouse-tips!

• Like 1