BANGKOK
Elkski

Welcome to Thailand 1st 3 taxi not want to use meter!!

Flagged down all 3 taxis.  My thai friend  expects  70% rejection.   They dont even want to take her.  This has been my experience  7 trips  6 months  total.   

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Elkski said:

Flagged down all 3 taxis.  My thai friend  expects  70% rejection.   They dont even want to take her.  This has been my experience  7 trips  6 months  total.   

Grab is the only sensible choice in Thailand.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

The crooks are frequently allowed to park in front of government offices (maybe they are even on the clock).  I approached one in front of Nonthaburi immigration last week, I got in, told him meter, and I told him Nonthabuibul Pibul  2 Pier...he pointed to a decal on the windshield..mumbles something, but wouldn't do it...still baffled a bit, but traffic wasn't bad, and it would have been 100 or so On the meter...Surprising more taxi driver don't get the cra beat out of them more often.

• Like 1

This was on Ekamai soi 12 .   Also an hour later near asiatique 2  taxi refused to go 20 soi's,  only wanted swampy pickup.   3rd said ok and used the meter. 

2 hours ago, Elkski said:

This has been going on for over 10 years. 18 years ago it was a different story but don't expect it to get any better. The mafia (taxi crew) just will pay off anyone who can take their business.

In Thailand sadly little changes unless the TAT say it has😀

Edited by Laughing Gravy
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Elkski said:

Seems like policing this would be a cash cow  like fishing in a barrel. 

It is a cash cow and it is policed. Just not the way you think. Thonglor Police jurisdiction... 

• Like 1