Advice on Condos needed

John Sutherland

personal ecperience. keep in mind that they just build here anywhere. many buildings are not near necessities and there is no local priced food or markets around (except maybe a 7-11 ????. that means you will need to taxi out each time, or you will need to spend like your on a nice vacation rather then just living there.

places take advantage of this and gouge with expensive onsite restaurants, laundry by the peice, etc. the pics online are taken to deceive people reserving before they fly into town.

it looks like your going to view in person, so no problem there. best advice would be to google street view everything and wander around the vicinity.

Edited by fhickson
  • Thanks 1

On 12/28/2019 at 7:03 PM, fhickson said:

id go with view talay. ive heard view talay are made correctly with thick walls, not the thin stuff you get in those new modern condos you see all over. that try to look fancy, but its just window dressing. view talay buildings seem to be more quality made as an expat would be used to.

out of hearing range, out of mind, for the most part, at least as far as your kids are concerned...

if you get a loud neighbor, watch out. it can be really loud as many people around here want to be seen and heard for some reason.

i had a bad one long term and i could not take phone calls from clients in my own place and they did their thing daily right in the middle of business hours. i had to move.

there are many gays in view talay i think, last time some dude saw me checking the ads and he offered to show me his condo....he was talking about how h ewants to sell it etc.....he is too old etc...and then when I mentioned my girlfriend....he immediately changed his mind.....and said goodbye and booted me out of the room.....and the elevator is full all the time....and also you can hear neighbours sometimes...he told me that...so the walls are not like bunker.......

On 12/28/2019 at 6:01 PM, John Sutherland said:

I'm moving with my family so don't want to be in Condos where single men are shagging bar girls all night.

Sorry i can't help you then

good luck in your search

nb on a more serious note

you can also pick a boo at the Supalai Mare condo in Jomtiem on theprasit road

a little bit far from the beach, but the prices should be ok for you, and it's not

a ''punter'' base

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, John Sutherland said:

It is more about if you can hear the noise in your own apartment.  If I can't hear I don't care.

Ill  put the gag  on them, at   least  then I dont have to listen to their  girly chat with their  friends....always distracting......puts  me right  off

On 12/30/2019 at 7:34 PM, parafareno said:

there are many gays in view talay i think, last time some dude saw me checking the ads and he offered to show me his condo....he was talking about how h ewants to sell it etc.....he is too old etc...and then when I mentioned my girlfriend....he immediately changed his mind.....and said goodbye and booted me out of the room.....and the elevator is full all the time....and also you can hear neighbours sometimes...he told me that...so the walls are not like bunker.......

hes not interested in your girlfriend, sex sounds or personal life.

whats the problem, thick walls?

• Thanks 1

I own with the missus in View Talay 2 - very nice and there are some gays here but it's certainly not a ghetto nor even remotely a 'problem' in any way- though pool swims sometimes look like we are under a zombie attack, but you could say the same for most blocks in the area. Rent before you (maybe) buy though - prices are going nowhere in the short to medium term except maybe down. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1