Hua Hin: Chinese change strategy - creating "Chinatown Hua Hin"

rooster59

On 12/29/2019 at 8:43 AM, Hayduke said:
On 12/29/2019 at 8:28 AM, fruitman said:

So how can chinese buy houses in thailand when farang can't?

Maybe because China has already bought Thailand outright….and now the Chinese are just selling houses to each other.

Much more likely is the fact that foreigners can buy houses here, regardless of nationality.

7 hours ago, sirocco said:

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "LES chinois mangent les chiens""

It seems to me that, since the increase in Chinese, the number of dogs has been decreasing.
Regularly, a good smell of barbecue comes to my nose, different from the usual one and from the smoke that envelops you.
The Chinese know very well how to cook dogs and even celebrate dog meat day in June.

Good breakfast

Yes, I have also noticed that the number of dogs decreases in particular periods of the year I have always wondered where they had been transferred, now I can have a better idea also who pays all these people to bring food to the dogs every day.

• Haha 1

On 12/30/2019 at 9:57 AM, spidermike007 said:

Here are a few of my posts, praising Thailand, and the Thai people and women.

I still find Thailand to be a wonderful place to live. I enjoy every day here. Have some great friends here, have a wonderful relationship with an amazing Thai woman, and I adore her family, who are really good, hard working, honest, kindhearted, fun loving, generous souls. I also like most Thai people I encounter. Of course, I do have the good fortune of not having to live on Samui (was there for many years, when it was a far better version of itself, than it is today) Phuket, or Pattaya, where the local people tend to not be as much fun to be around, as they are jaded, and have to put up with alot of fools (probably the small minority of the local ex-pats, who make it harder for all of us), and live in an area where people are delightful. 

My woman is joyful, playful and light hearted. The same lovely woman from one day to the next. She has a smile on her face when she wakes up in the morning. Never experienced that in the states. Some Thais manifest that unbearable lightness of being, that is so delightful to be around. I cannot really get enough of that spirit, and feel so blessed to be around that, and to have found such a well adjusted and delightful creature. 

This is an entirely subjective topic, of course. But some of us live very good lives here. Some of us have been fortunate enough to find an outstanding woman, who is delightful to be around, on a daily basis, always has our back, and is fun, smart, and lovely. For me, that likelihood of finding that back in the US, would be very low. So, that is a big factor for me. The second factor is just the quality of life. Sure, I miss alot of the culture back home. The theatre, independent film (which I can download here with no issues at all, and a super fast 180mbps fiber optic connection, at under 800 baht per month!), stand up comedy, live jazz, etc. But I have a lovely home that I rent, for about 10% of what I would pay in California, I live very well on an income which is not huge, have access to great health care, at a tiny fraction of what it costs in the US, and do not have to put up with alot of the aggravation that I had to when I lived back there. I would not want to move back there, unless I was either being paid a million dollars a year, or the situation was dire. 

Sure, Thailand has changed. My first trip here was in 1976! It was so much different than now. The politics here are absolutely regressive. The army is horrendous. Will that ever improve? I think so. I think the youth will eventually oust them, as they are virtually useless to Thai society, with the exception of protecting the elite. those in power and the super wealthy. But alot of things here have improved since then. The infrastructure here is quite good. Sure they could use a high speed rail. That would be amazing. Hopefully it will happen. The whole world is different now. The whole planet is being affected by a greatly expanding population, inflation, environmental issues, politics, and congestion. So, we are going to experience some of that no matter where we are. All I know, is that every day I wake up, I am very glad to be here, very glad to be with the woman I am with, and thankful for my life. Would I feel the same way in the US? I seriously doubt it. Most of my friends back in the US, say they would trade positions with me, in a heartbeat, if they could. I believe them. And I feel for them. The quality of life where I came from is a pale shadow of what it used to be. No thanks. 

Because I have some issues with the place, I am not entitled to complain, or voice my opinions? Half of the posts on this forum are complaints. What is wrong with that? Don't we need someplace to vent? Why the sensitivity? Why such thin skin? Though absolute contentment must be a beautiful thing to be blessed with, it is not something most of us enjoy. The fact that I complain does not mean I do not love Thailand, my lifestyle, and most of the Thai people. I have a good life here. But, I do have some issues with the place, as most do, and I do not like the government, and there are some things I would like to see improved. Do you not see any room for improvement? I should leave because I complain? 

I thank you for your declaration of love for Thailand

39 million happy visitors like you or almost
Signed

TOT

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

I am not a visitor. I have lived here well over a decade. First visit was in 1976, so I know the place fairly well.

I suppose if we are still in Thailand it is because we still find in spite of everything that the country offers what we expect otherwise we would have already left a long time ago. When I see the sad and worried faces of my country where everything is perfect I miss the chaos of LOS.
Happy new year 2020

• Like 1

On 12/31/2019 at 10:50 AM, ChrisY1 said:

"Chinese investors are now buying up whole housing estates"

How can they do this?....There's obviously Thai silent partners, unless the law is different for them.....which deep down in the legal books would seem very likely

Huge investments plus Thais actually originate from China http://countrystudies.us/thailand/5.ht????

there was no such place as thai/thailand 2000-1500 years ago when the mon started the lavo kingdom and created Dvaraviti before it, and brought Buddhism and Sanskrit languages to this land, thai people started coming into this land 1000 years ago, China was a tiny place up until 700 years ago

‘The Kingdom of Lavo was a political entity (mandala) on the left bank of the Chao Phraya Riverin the Upper Chao Phraya valley from the end of Dvaravati civilization, around the 7th century, until 1388. The original center of Lavo civilization was Lavo (modern Lopburi), but the capital shifted southward to Ayutthaya around the 11th century, whereupon the state became the Ayutthaya Kingdom according to recent historical analysis.’

Kingdom of Lavo
450–1388
1000–1100 Light Blue: Lavo Kingdom Red: Khmer Empire Green: Hariphunchai Light Green: Srivijaya Yellow: Champa Blue: Đại Việt Pink: Pagan Kingdom

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lavo_Kingdom

Edited by humbug
  • Thanks 1

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 9:57 PM, spidermike007 said:

Good rebuttle @spidermike007. I too have been attacked by this particular member (as I recall, can't be bothered to look, he sent me a PM opposing my comments about a certain well known, outspoken politician whom many refer to as a buffoon).

On 12/30/2019 at 5:17 PM, sirocco said:

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "LES chinois mangent les chiens""

It seems to me that, since the increase in Chinese, the number of dogs has been decreasing.
Regularly, a good smell of barbecue comes to my nose, different from the usual one and from the smoke that envelops you.
The Chinese know very well how to cook dogs and even celebrate dog meat day in June.

Good breakfast

Circa 1978, a Peace Corps buddy spotted an old Chinese lady sitting in front of a shop with a couple of puppies.  He commented to her in Thai that they were so cute.  She replied "And so delicious!" 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, humbug said:

there was no such place as thai/thailand 2000-1500 years ago when the mon started the lavo kingdom and created Dvaraviti before it, and brought Buddhism and Sanskrit languages to this land, thai people started coming into this land 1000 years ago, China was a tiny place up until 700 years ago

‘The Kingdom of Lavo was a political entity (mandala) on the left bank of the Chao Phraya Riverin the Upper Chao Phraya valley from the end of Dvaravati civilization, around the 7th century, until 1388. The original center of Lavo civilization was Lavo (modern Lopburi), but the capital shifted southward to Ayutthaya around the 11th century, whereupon the state became the Ayutthaya Kingdom according to recent historical analysis.’

Kingdom of Lavo
450–1388
1000–1100 Light Blue: Lavo Kingdom Red: Khmer Empire Green: Hariphunchai Light Green: Srivijaya Yellow: Champa Blue: Đại Việt Pink: Pagan Kingdom

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lavo_Kingdom

The Han dynasty lasted from 200bc to about 220ad. It was a time of great power and prosperity for China. Later the Tang dynasty ruled for three centuries from about 700ad to about 1000ad. China enjoyed centuries as one of the great world powers. It was only around the 18th century that China started to decline and Mao nearly finished them off. So, to say China was irrelevant is as far from reality as one can get. 

I still find Thailand to be a wonderful place to live. I enjoy every day here. Have some great friends here, have a wonderful relationship with an amazing Thai woman, and I adore her family, who are really good, hard working, honest, kindhearted, fun loving, generous souls. I also like most Thai people I encounter. Of course, I do have the good fortune of not having to live on Samui (was there for many years, when it was a far better version of itself, than it is today) Phuket, or Pattaya, where the local people tend to not be as much fun to be around, as they are jaded, and have to put up with alot of fools (probably the small minority of the local ex-pats, who make it harder for all of us), and live in an area where people are delightful. 

My woman is joyful, playful and light hearted. The same lovely woman from one day to the next. She has a smile on her face when she wakes up in the morning. Never experienced that in the states. Some Thais manifest that unbearable lightness of being, that is so delightful to be around. I cannot really get enough of that spirit, and feel so blessed to be around that, and to have found such a well adjusted and delightful creature. 

This is an entirely subjective topic, of course. But some of us live very good lives here. Some of us have been fortunate enough to find an outstanding woman, who is delightful to be around, on a daily basis, always has our back, and is fun, smart, and lovely. For me, that likelihood of finding that back in the US, would be very low. So, that is a big factor for me. The second factor is just the quality of life. Sure, I miss alot of the culture back home. The theatre, independent film (which I can download here with no issues at all, and a super fast 180mbps fiber optic connection, at under 800 baht per month!), stand up comedy, live jazz, etc. But I have a lovely home that I rent, for about 10% of what I would pay in California, I live very well on an income which is not huge, have access to great health care, at a tiny fraction of what it costs in the US, and do not have to put up with alot of the aggravation that I had to when I lived back there. I would not want to move back there, unless I was either being paid a million dollars a year, or the situation was dire. 

Sure, Thailand has changed. My first trip here was in 1976! 

There are a few posters who always... yes, always.....  love to throw in the "bitter, angry men" accusation  in many of their posts when making a point how wonderful their life is or dissing someone who wants to give an opinion about an issue.   THANK YOU  for showing your post which VERY closely mirrors my experience here in Thailand.    Nice to see that someone has

at least a similar perspective of life here as myself.     Rumak

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sure, Thailand has changed. My first trip here was in 1976! It was so much different than now. The politics here are absolutely regressive. The army is horrendous. Will that ever improve? I think so. I think the youth will eventually oust them, as they are virtually useless to Thai society, with the exception of protecting the elite. those in power and the super wealthy. But alot of things here have improved since then. The infrastructure here is quite good. Sure they could use a high speed rail. That would be amazing. Hopefully it will happen. The whole world is different now. The whole planet is being affected by a greatly expanding population, inflation, environmental issues, politics, and congestion. So, we are going to experience some of that no matter where we are. All I know, is that every day I wake up, I am very glad to be here, very glad to be with the woman I am with, and thankful for my life. Would I feel the same way in the US? I seriously doubt it. Most of my friends back in the US, say they would trade positions with me, in a heartbeat, if they could. I believe them. And I feel for them. The quality of life where I came from is a pale shadow of what it used to be. No thanks. 

Because I have some issues with the place, I am not entitled to complain, or voice my opinions? Half of the posts on this forum are complaints. What is wrong with that? Don't we need someplace to vent? Why the sensitivity? Why such thin skin? Though absolute contentment must be a beautiful thing to be blessed with, it is not something most of us enjoy. The fact that I complain does not mean I do not love Thailand, my lifestyle, and most of the Thai people. I have a good life here. But, I do have some issues with the place, as most do, and I do not like the government, and there are some things I would like to see improved. Do you not see any room for improvement? I should leave because I complain? 

Wonderful positive post, just wish we had more people able to express themselves in a similar way.????

On 12/28/2019 at 7:28 PM, fruitman said:

So how can chinese buy houses in thailand when farang can't?

Lots of villa developers are calling me to buy villas around 5/6 million with swimming pools. When I asked how can I buy a villa, I am a foreigner? Everyone of them told me they would lease the land in three consecutive 30-year chunk for 90-years. Or they can set up a company and then the company can buy it.

• Like 1

Well, when I was looking for a hotel in BKK on my vacation, I chose a hotel with an English sound name. So for my surprise when I went to check in, most of the hotel stuff was Chinese or Chinese Thai. The hotel owner was Chinese and once awhile he would show up to look at his buildings. BKK is Chinese owned. Lots Chinese travel from San Francisco to BKK. The Chinese already destroyed San Francisco and are spreading everywhere around here.

image.png.cf491df2ca1d1c8c2842f9550ab65fff.png

If you look at the map of the silk road, it is clear that Hua Hin is a perfect Chinese vision to colonize Thailand, no major investment is made without the approval of the Chinese central power, so these large Chinese investments in Hua Hin have a very specific plan. Another clear example was my surprise yesterday when, seeing the Chinese machinery working on the doubling of the Hua Hin / Chupong railway line, China evidently loses patience in the construction of its Chinese route and wants to speed up the work by intervening directly in the construction of the Thais railway lines.
No information in the Thai press is also surprising or not.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Woolsgibb60 said:

Hua hin China town will be off my travel destination then some everywhere else where Chinese 

Thanks for the translation, for sure you had bad experiences with the Chinese, my little experience is also not well fine

Some of the worst areas, near Black Mountain, away from the facilities in town, infested with snakes, burning garbage quite often and waste land, have been developped into pool villa homes housing developpements and sold to unwary clients. All goes fine on the picture, until the trouble starts either with snakes appearing, no follow up by the developpers, construction defects not handled, bad worksmanship, they just don't care once they get your money.....in Thailand, just as in Hua Hin, extreme caution and dilligence before buying villas or homes on leasehold ... better to rent and leave hasslefree when required.....or maybe the Chinese developpers would offer better that what is currently on the markets ?

Edited by observer90210
  • Thanks 1