Alleyway Dogs

SilentSal

How do you all deal with these street dogs?

Everyday i get chased by these dogs on my motorcycle around my neighborhood. There are packs of them just roaming everywhere. Sometimes i walk alone at night down the alleyways and the dogs bark at me and follow me but seem to ease off when i just ignore them and look behind me often to make sure they're not too close. This still worries me though as they might become aggressive.  When i'm on my motorcycle it's a different story, i get chased three or four times in a day by these mongrels. Happens to everybody around the neighborhood who chooses to drive here at night. It seems people who come around here no longer take this route because the dogs seemed to have claimed this road at their territory. This is truly becoming annoying. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SilentSal said:

Sometimes i walk alone at night down the alleyways and the dogs bark at me and follow me but seem to ease off when i just ignore them

Yes, that's the way to do it. After a few days, they'll 'know' you and won't bother you anymore.

• Like 2

an anti-aggression bomb.
I admit that I tried the food, but apparently, it was not too effective, the dogs are fed by the one given to them by these unfortunate pedestrians or bikers.
On the other hand, the mini umbrella which opens at one stroke scares the dogs and protects your knurls.
Happy new year 2020.

• Like 1

My daughter in-law in US works animal adoption center 15+ years. I asked her what they do with aggressive dogs if the get to close ..

she said spray them with water. In sure they probably use a hose.

you try a spray bottle. I was in Mexico on my Harley with a side hack down dirt on,y road I could take and a angry big dog was 

near me I threw my drinking water at him that kept him away.

finally the owner came out and controlled him and I left..

Try it hope it works... I’ve thought of water with a little vinegar in spray bottle. At night I avoid it if at all possible they get territorial..

35D403E0-6745-408C-B630-0FB07C7D5D1F.jpeg

11 minutes ago, ThaiFelix said:

Been here 16 years and never have a problem because I dont notice them so they leave me alone.  Generally speaking only people who fear dogs have problems with them.  Just ignore them and they will ignore you.

So true !

But when will people grow up ?! it's incredible to be old and know nothing ! Just as the locals and their idiot parents not even able to teach them how to deal with dogs...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Peterphuket said:

Everymorning I go cycling with my bike, I have a big bottle with concentrated vinegar.

When the dogs try  to attack me I spray some of this vinegar into their eyes.

Sriracha sauce. Works for me.

image.png.b72bfe08e7cd5716a4b857f1e34f617d.png

• Like 1

On 12/31/2019 at 5:31 AM, DJ54 said:

Same in our village at night dogs seem to be protecting their area. Strangely enough if I ride my wife’s Qbit they don’t bother but any 

of the other 3 motos they chase me every time. But only at night

Just doing their job DJ. As already said show no fear & ignore them. Once they've established your entitlement they'll play with somebody else. 

Failing that a light whippy branch end. Carry in clear sight. ????