Alleyway Dogs

SilentSal

On 12/30/2019 at 4:38 AM, Chazar said:

Buy a  car and expect the  odd bump.

if  they are stupid   enough to be on the road they have to expect the inevitable, I  gave up  caring about this  years  ago

While the above answer in no way addresses the question being asked it completely ignores a phenomena that I have only seen in Thailand. The consensus is that Thai’s get have one of the highest per capital road death rates. Tell that to the dogs. I have never seen so many dogs sleeping on the side of the road, in the middle of the road, crossing the road in the middle of traffic. They don’t seem concerned about Thais driving ability. Some how they are convinced that they aren’t going to get hit. It is amazing that in the the  USA any dog wandering the road immediately causes people to questions the owner’s responsibility and carelessness for letting their dog loose. 

A few observations about dogs in general:

Dogs bark.

Dogs sense fear and if you are afraid of dogs they sense it immediately.

Dogs will run in packs if not controlled and locked up at night.

Small dogs seem to be more vocal than larger breeds.

Dogs are trained to attack, protect and kill in the USA. People have trained pit bulls to be aggressive. 

I don’t like all the barking at night. I don’t like it here and it was just as bad in the USA. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

All posts are beautiful, but if those dogs are disease-free. If there is one that is sick then you will be bitten (it has happened to me), but I was lucky it could not bite my foot on my motorcycle. I could feel it that there is something is wrong about that particular one. The day after it was not there anymore. "volunteers" took it away or I better say they killed it (they don't try to cure them) since they are too many I guess. 

Edited by The Theory

I have mounted a taser on my bike to scare dogs away. The sound is enough to frighten them (and humans!). You can buy one from Lazarda.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/1101-type-light-flashlight-100-top-1-i606904487-s1142392862.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.2.152f72eeW6mwkP&search=1

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, TTSIssues said:

If they are dangerous then you can spray them with a water squirter (plant sprayer for example), you can add a little chili to the water if they are very aggressive.

or feed them as others have suggested - and make friends with them.

I use vinegar. Aim for the eyes. They'll never bother you again.

• Like 1

I get barked at every day in the village, they try to chase after me too, but on the motorbike I suddenly stop and wave my arms, hiss at them '<deleted> off!' and then they stop as well, scared (cowards) as they are. So now more often, they just bark and stay further away. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...