Carnage: Boys' football team thrown from back of pick-up - two dead

webfact

Carnage: Boys' football team thrown from back of pick-up - two dead

2pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Police and rescue officials were called to the scene of a collision between a pick-up and a minivan on the Lam Lukka - Cheuam Samphan road north of Bangkok. 

The pick-up driven by a teacher was carrying 16 boys aged 12 to 15 in the cab of the vehicle and in the back. 

One 13 year old was found dead under the wheels of the van. Another 12 year old died later in hospital. 

Van driver Weena, 43, said she was driving normally when ahead she saw the pick-up coming towards her trying to overtake. The driver lost control and there was a collision as the pick-up hit a tree. 

Daily News reported that the driver of the pick-up was Suphot, 38, a teacher who was taking the boys to a match nearby. The teacher is in hospital and has yet to give evidence.

They were from Surao Sai Kong Din Tai school. 

Nong Jork police are investigating. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-12-30

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The  Police   close to Hua  Hin have the usual  waste  of time stupid  tents with neon tubes  round , doing nowt.

I pulled  up to the traffic  lights and watched the red  light  count  down, It got to 7 and then the minivan on the inside  lane couldnt wait any  longer and he and his  passengers went thru the red  light and then pulled in to the "rest area" manned by the Police 10  metres  past the traffic  lights...........good  job retards

7 minutes ago, Chazar said:

The  Police   close to Hua  Hin have the usual  waste  of time stupid  tents with neon tubes  round , doing nowt.

I pulled  up to the traffic  lights and watched the red  light  count  down, It got to 7 and then the minivan on the inside  lane couldnt wait any  longer and he and his  passengers went thru the red  light and then pulled in to the "rest area" manned by the Police 10  metres  past the traffic  lights...........good  job retards

It's hard to believe that this country functions at all

48 minutes ago, asiaexpat said:

Supposedly educated teacher driving carelessly with an overloaded pickup says a lot about Thai drivers. Until there is strong enforcement of road laws this will continue and young lives will be lost.

oh yes, i seem to recall a teacher taking his students into a dangerous cave complex when it was likely to flood (nice duty of care) in order to carve graffiti into the rock (nice appreciation and respect of nature). the resulting rescue resulted in two deaths. this 'teacher' is regarded as a hero.

26 minutes ago, Sticky Wicket said:

It's hard to believe that this country functions at all

I'm not sure it does really, though much of the time it blunders it's way through. To be honest though, Thais aren't very bright, the average IQ in Thailand (allegedly 91 but really 89), is on a par with Cambodia or Sierra Leone.

Bless 'em, they try hard, but it doesn't help to be told they're the worlds finest for several decades and to suck on the hind tit of good weather and easy/cheap sex.

But all that is changing quite quickly, Hard times-a-coming. Society is struggling already, as is even basic law and order.

They simply cannot learn.

Duty of care.

Responsibility.

Computing anything further than the tip of their nose.

All completely foreign concepts to them.

Let's hope this guy is publicly put away for 25 years or whatever the maximum sentence is for vehicular manslaughter x 2.

lets not forget the young boys lives that was sadly taken away because of someone else, is that considered fair …. certainly not and nothing, nothing will bring back those boys …. sad for their family also.

RIP …. sadly missed, never forgotten

20 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

They just never learn.  Would any responsible 'Teacher' carry 16 young boys on a Pick-Up Truck ?

RIP those lost.

Because they only think about the 'now' and think positively.

No maintenance, health & safety, cause and affect, preventative thinking, risk assessment and prevention etc etc.

Added to a mentality that they're never wrong, can do anything, and never fail; coupled with low police enforcement of traffic laws. 

eh presto!

3 hours ago, samsensam said:

oh yes, i seem to recall a teacher taking his students into a dangerous cave complex when it was likely to flood (nice duty of care) in order to carve graffiti into the rock (nice appreciation and respect of nature). the resulting rescue resulted in two deaths. this 'teacher' is regarded as a hero.

And he's probably a lot richer now too.

39 minutes ago, steven100 said:

lets not forget the young boys lives that was sadly taken away because of someone else, is that considered fair …. certainly not and nothing, nothing will bring back those boys …. sad for their family also.

RIP …. sadly missed, never forgotten

Sadly all too quickly forgotten. I'll never forget the advice of a new Thai mother a few years ago who lost her infant. She said (and I quote) "never mind, make another one".

The only way to stop Thais killing each other on the road is to make it illegal for a Thai to own or drive a car or motorcycle, and that isn't going to happen, even if the police decided that would start enforcing the law, which also, isn't going to happen. I'm afraid nothing is going to persuade Thais that they do not lead the world in road safety, and that is where it must start; by Thais admitting to knowing the square root of sod all. Not going to happen. Thais know best all the time. Ask anyone.

if you want to see how many you can get into the back of a pick up  truck come to Jomtien beach on a saturday or sunday, they use these as busses, for a trip to the seaside, and the cops do buger all of course there is no money in it. .

15 minutes ago, dcnx said:

16 kids in the back of a truck. 

Blame the teacher, blame the parents, blame the school.

Yes. Right in one. Thais know best. Until that fallacy stops, Thais will keep killing themselves by being stupid, it's inevitable so we should all get used to it.

6 hours ago, neeray said:

So much for that Government idea of outlawing pickup boxes as people carriers!

All brawn, no balls.

(only have balls when hiding in an army tank)

Blame the populous, the government tried to implement this but the cry from the public was loud and clear

LEAVE US ALONE TO DO WHAT WE WANT!!

So they got their wish... so now they can live with the consequences!

If the parents cared they'd ask about travel arrangements... they don't.
If the kids were worried they wouldn't get in the back tray.
If the teacher cared they wouldn't drive, but they do.

They can all sit back and blame themselves... too late for the deceased.

22 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Blame the populous, the government tried to implement this but the cry from the public was loud and clear

LEAVE US ALONE TO DO WHAT WE WANT!!

So they got their wish... so now they can live with the consequences!

If the parents cared they'd ask about travel arrangements... they don't.
If the kids were worried they wouldn't get in the back tray.
If the teacher cared they wouldn't drive, but they do.

They can all sit back and blame themselves... too late for the deceased.

I think this was a strategic move by the govt to wipe its hands of the road deaths to the world and have the Thai people feel like they had a voice.  If the govt really listened to the people there would be a different one now.

7 hours ago, asiaexpat said:

Supposedly educated teacher driving carelessly with an overloaded pickup says a lot about Thai drivers. Until there is strong enforcement of road laws this will continue and young lives will be lost.

Absolutely, sadly the teacher is UN EDUCATED,  in how to drive and why one may ask, was a Mini van NOT used 16 boys ?????-

Happens all the time. A photo I took. The school doesn't care. The driver doesn't care. The parents don't care. The kids have been taught that it's okay to travel that way. And all of them, the school, the driver, the parents, the kids, none of them have an ounce of common sense. As another poster said above, I wonder how the country functions at all. How an entire country can lack common sense is beyond me. I've been here 25 years and never seen it used.

And before anyone says that Thais are poor and how else can they travel, check what other so-called poor countries do, how they take care of their young, how many die or are injured. Fifty years ago my wife was in a school 'bus' - and I use the term loosely - and it was involved in an accident. Kids were killed, another lost his legs. Fifty years later and nothing has changed. Nothing at all.

Road Safety 1.jpg

4 hours ago, Saint Nick said:

Wait...did I read that correctly?

16 on the back of a pick up truck?

I...I...Jesus, man!

And dont forget to take the stupidity even further  you  will often find them sitting on the actual side  lip of the tray balancing on the edge.............they get what they deserve Im afraid

1 minute ago, Chazar said:

And dont forget to take the stupidity even further  you  will often find them sitting on the actual side  lip of the tray balancing on the edge.............they get what they deserve Im afraid

they have to sit on the lip nah..

only get 5 or 6 in if not tut

Archived