Fed up at New Year! Thai tourists suffer burglary from Prachuap resort

webfact

Fed up at New Year! Thai tourists suffer burglary from Prachuap resort

3pm.jpg

Source: Daily News

A group of Thai tourists in Prachuap Khiri Khan returned from a night out to find two resort hotel rooms had been broken into and more than 100,000 baht of valuables stolen. 

Muang district police and forensic staff went to a large resort on the seafront and found doors forced in rooms B8 and B7. 

In one three phones and 55,000 baht in a bag were missing along with a two baht weight gold bracelet. 

In another a civil servant lost 10,000 baht and a teacher was robbed of 60,000. Along with credit cards and ATM cards six bank books and four house registration documents were also missing. 

The party of Thai tourists had gone out on Saturday night and returned at 5am to find their rooms had been broken into. 

Daily News reported lax security at the Koh Lak Resort on the Suan Son - Ao Noi Road. 

There was only CCTV at the restaurant and some of the rooms did not lock properly. 

Daily News said the tourists were fed up at New Year. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-12-30

3 minutes ago, webfact said:

There was only CCTV at the restaurant and some of the rooms did not lock properly. 

Why would you stay there unless it is extremely cheap and if that is the case then you got what you paid for , total insecure accommodation .

It all depends on the quality of care by the cheap place. I stay at a cheap place in CM (800 baht/night) and feel very secure, never a problem in a hundred nights.

But if out at night, my valuables are secure on my person.

1 hour ago, legend49 said:

Obviously no maintenance and no one cares about the resort.

I guess the thinking is that they paid in advance for the room so they had the tourists money and the CCTV in the restaurant as they had not paid yet. Why worry about CCTV when you already have their money ? 

22 hours ago, webfact said:

In one three phones and 55,000 baht in a bag were missing along with a two baht weight gold bracelet. 

In another a civil servant lost 10,000 baht and a teacher was robbed of 60,000. Along with credit cards and ATM cards six bank books and four house registration documents were also missing. 

And why would they be carrying all that superfluous <deleted> with them on holidays - bank books, house registration documents and what Thai in their right mind would leave their telephones behind - how could they take selfies and photos of their meals? If going out for a night of revelry would you leave your money in the room?  Sounds like an insurance scam to me!

21 hours ago, neeray said:

It all depends on the quality of care by the cheap place. I stay at a cheap place in CM (800 baht/night) and feel very secure, never a problem in a hundred nights.

But if out at night, my valuables are secure on my person.

Is 800 baht now considered cheap...that's 20 quid, I remember paying 200 in Samui about 3 quid

On 12/30/2019 at 9:32 AM, keith101 said:

Why would you stay there unless it is extremely cheap and if that is the case then you got what you paid for , total insecure accommodation .

When I go in Poen Charoen since I do no want to sleep in the house of my wife's parents we go in the only hotel of the place situated on a main road . There are large signs, it is very well marked and lit ...but the word "hotel" is nowhere written in English, and it is  almost full everydays. The room are about 40 square meter, there is someone present at the hotel reception all the night. It is absolutely clean, they change the towels every day...400Bahts.  

• 2 weeks later...

Archived