How to Retire in Thailand Comfortably

ASEAN NOW Sales

Be prepaired to accept loosing all your investments plus belongings, being extorted, loosing your human rights plus dignity as well as looked upon as a low life ATM, expected to support your partners family, not forgetting the endless lazy hanger ons that claim to be the unofficial extended family and the lesser partner in a business venture in a land of rising costs, pollution, racism plus violence toward foreigners with poor health care.

Carefree? I think not ????

Why do so many expats die younger than they should in Thailand?

Think about it...

5 minutes ago, Sonhia said:

Think about it...

By sex drugs and rockn roll followed by bankrutcy and depression? Drunk driving, smoking on balconies, or playing sex games with ropes. Just some few that comes to mind as well drunk driving and reckless motobiking. 

3 hours ago, Sonhia said:

Be prepaired to accept loosing all your investments plus belongings, being extorted, loosing your human rights plus dignity as well as looked upon as a low life ATM, expected to support your partners family, not forgetting the endless lazy hanger ons that claim to be the unofficial extended family and the lesser partner in a business venture in a land of rising costs, pollution, racism plus violence toward foreigners with poor health care.

Carefree? I think not ????

Think about it...

None and i repeat none of my many married friends are in anything like that position ,why is some peoples glass always half empty?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

None and i repeat none of my many married friends are in anything like that position ,why is some peoples glass always half empty?

Indeed, myself also - i skipped from the first to the last page, glad I did, looks like yet another another winge fest has occurred, how unusual!

Edited by CGW
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, pookondee said:

That guys glass is worse than half empty..its a glass completely shattered.

Anyway, on close inspection, a lot of his worst complaints usually come to pass via a persons personal choices.

And all the other stuff is either exaggerated or blown out of proportion n his own mind.

But reading extremely negative and repetative comments on a website day in day out can make you actually believe that stuff after a while

Agree.

I also find it interesting how the Thai-bashing keyboard warriors never have the guts to say what location they are at, which is so much "better" than Thailand. Put up or shut up, whingers.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, pookondee said:

That guys glass is worse than half empty..its a glass completely shattered.

Anyway, on close inspection, a lot of his worst complaints usually come to pass via a persons personal choices.

And all the other stuff is either exaggerated or blown out of proportion n his own mind.

But reading extremely negative and repetative comments on a website day in day out can make you actually believe that stuff after a while

Yes.

And make a person die early because of negativity, hate and depression.

Sure glad it is not me.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Glad to see the positive comments here about retirement in Thailand in relation to some unhappy people. My wife is Thai and we are in the USA. We plan to move there in a couple of years to retire. We always have the option of traveling outside of the country to visit other places.

Wife already has land we can start there with a small place. Cheers.