BANGKOK
webfact

Video: No matter how well you drive on Thai roads... the Grim Reaper awaits

10 minutes ago, Tchooptip said:

and this red car is therefore moving too far to the right!

And on a city rd like this such speed would not be acceptable in most countries.

Delivery motorbike speeding and overtaking dangerously: the norm (but unfortunately not only in Thailand).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

118 mg, a bit.

For him maybe.

One that says "a bit" with this level is either a liar or a serious alcoholic.

In Germany being caught with this level even without causing an accident will cost a long pause from driving and a significant penalty.

Causing a fatal accident, bus driver: prison sentence with or without probation plus penalty. And revocation of license for at least a year, could be more.

Er you have miss read the article before engaging your typing index finger, HE had an alcohol reading of 138 milligrams, nearly three times over the limit. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Inepto Cracy said:

Er you have miss read the article before engaging your typing index finger, HE had an alcohol reading of 138 milligrams, nearly three times over the limit. 

Yes, got it wrong/mistyped.

So even more and supporting what I wrote.

2 hours ago, neeray said:

DRIVE SLOWLY IF DRUNK

That's a pretty stupid concept.

Try this:

IF YOU ARE DRUNK, DON'T DRIVE.

But he was not drunk ..he said ....:crying:

bus driver Prayut, 39, (who was taking his vehicle home from the garage) admitted drinking a bit. 

He had an alcohol reading of 138 milligrams, nearly three times over the limit.  "

Ok, the busdriver was wrong, because he had some alcohol. But this kind of accident would have happened also without alcohol. I can't see if the bus was driving too fast. What I do see is that at the moment the bus wanted to overtake a car (which is wrong too), the red car was overtaking a motorbike and at the same moment too far to the right. If he would have stayed behind the bike, nothing would have happened. But then again... the white car before him did the same. It was one of those moments that went wrong, while in most cases nothing happens.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Tchooptip said:

the motobike it is overtaking is in the middle of the lane and this red car is therefore moving too far to the right!

Watch the video to the end and realize that the motorbike tries to overtake the red car (driving close to the dividing line, cut in front) and then overtake the taxi ahead.

Only chance for the red car: slow down to make way for this ... adventurer.

Just seen previous post and agree.

Edited by KhunBENQ

2 hours ago, harriott456 said:

certainly not condoning it in anyway but i doubt many commenting haven't driven over the limit here so can't really be too judgemental.

I never drink drive, ever. It is not hard, it is called having some basic morals as your actions could cause harm to others

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Watch the video to the end and realize that the motorbike tries to overtake the red car (driving close to the dividing line, cut in front) and then overtake the taxi ahead.

Only chance for the red car: slow down to make way for this ... adventurer.

Just seen previous post and agree.

After reading your answer I watch again, you are right without the motorbike most likely the small red car coud have sidestep the bus

Screenshot 2019-12-30 at 14.25.35.png