Video: No matter how well you drive on Thai roads... the Grim Reaper awaits

webfact

1 minute ago, Tchooptip said:

After reading your answer I watch again, you are right without the motorbike most likely the small red car coud have sidestep the bus

Who would have had the nerve to sacrifice the motorbike rider?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Bike rider was overtaking yellow taxi

Red car was trying to overtake m/c, while m/c was trying to overtake yellow taxi.

Red car in the wrong, Bus driver in the wrong.

But as per your quote in an adjacent thread wasn’t this just being 'slightly naughty '? It’s not like anyone died or anything.....

1 hour ago, Tchooptip said:

In my opinion the red car hit by the bus is not doing much better, the motobike it is overtaking is in the middle of the lane and this red car is therefore moving too far to the right!

When a motorbike is in the middle of the lane unless it is empty opposite I do not overtake. 

Screenshot 2019-12-30 at 13.20.18.png

And they never keep proper distance. Simply because they never learned to drive properly.

Yeah I’m slightly concerned because we’re going with a van driver a good driver that we’ve used before and a few family members in the morning down to Khao Yai in a van only an over night trip only a two hour drive but I’ve never really driven out there that far before on New Years before and I know it’s a risk and I know it’s at least gonna be bumper to bumper probably most of the way. Last time I was on the road here on New Years was 2009 to 2010 before we moved here 5 years ago. 

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Video: No matter how well you drive on Thai roads... the Grim Reaper awaits

No matter what the PM says, what officials state or what the police try to do...

THAIS WILL DO WHAT THEY WANT ON THE ROAD.

They're happy to lose members of their family, and take your family & friends with them to the next life.

They take and show no responsibility for their actions.

3 hours ago, harriott456 said:

certainly not condoning it in anyway but i doubt many commenting haven't driven over the limit here so can't really be too judgemental.

But you are condoning it, by your statement you are basically saying everyone does it. I have never driven under the influence of alcohol, any alcohol. I was a tow truck operator/owner for most of my life and got sick and tired of seeing the aftermath of idiots who couldn't figure out that they shouldn't drink and drive.

Very sad and sorry. Simple fix is to make sure when the driver arrives for his shift and at the end of it he is given a breath test. If positive at start, he doesn’t do the shift and looses pay for that shift and if positive at the end they call the police. Seems like a pretty simple solution to me. Companies would need to keep records though.

2 hours ago, Tarteso said:

I’m surprised, after 8 years in LOS, and driving, every days my motobike or car...I’m STILL ALIVE. ????

I refuse to drive here. My nerve for it has gone. I know how I will die. It will be in a traffic 'accident'. I just don't know when. I let my wife drive and she's very good at it. I have no idea how that happened. But, as the headline says, you can be the best driver in the world but if someone drives at you at speed head on then how good you are makes absolutely no difference. You end up crushed in a pile of metal. I have a problem with that.

I think I'm OK, I drive at least 12k every year and have done so since 2004. I drive a great big truck with plenty of power so I have an advantage over smaller vehicles, I'm also not a motorbike which means I'm in the 20% rather than the 80%. I also don't drink plus I rarely drive at night plus I'm a defensive/aggressive driver with plenty of experience. I estimate my risk of dying in an RTA is probably in the low single digits and I can, no pun intended, live with that.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Prawet police said that bus driver Prayut, 39, (who was taking his vehicle home from the garage) admitted drinking a bit. 

He had an alcohol reading of 138 milligrams, nearly three times over the limit. 

Drinking and driving, especially vehicle of this size should equate to premeditated murder or manslaughter, and penalties should be identical.

So slap on wrist for Bus driver don't do it again

I read and please tell me if wrong but ZERO Alcohol is expectable  

Now he is a Bus Driver YOUR Mother Father Brother Sister Children take buses I'm sure

So stop the BS make people Accountable for there ACTIONS  

54 minutes ago, saengd said:

I think I'm OK, I drive at least 12k every year and have done so since 2004. I drive a great big truck with plenty of power so I have an advantage over smaller vehicles, I'm also not a motorbike which means I'm in the 20% rather than the 80%. I also don't drink plus I rarely drive at night plus I'm a defensive/aggressive driver with plenty of experience. I estimate my risk of dying in an RTA is probably in the low single digits and I can, no pun intended, live with that.

what do you call a great big truck? A pickup?

13 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

what do you call a great big truck? A pickup?

This is about odds and risk, the smaller your transport the higher the risk; the more you drink the higher the risk; drive evening and night, the higher the risk; the less experience of driving here, the higher the risk.

Yes, a late model 3 litre pickup truck with airbags.

Not surprised the food delivery bike couldn't brake in time, Grab and Food Panda drive like lunatics, nearly got taken out by a grab bike the other day and have seen plenty of near misses. I don't mind waiting an extra 5 min for my food lads, if it means you get here alive or don't end up killing someone.

The bus driven is an absolute <deleted> of course.

1 minute ago, saengd said:

This is about odds and risk, the smaller your transport the higher the risk; the more you drink the higher the risk; drive evening and night, the higher the risk; the less experience of driving here, the higher the risk.

Yes, a four door 3 litre pickup truck.

So not really a great big truck Practically standard issue in Thailand. Agree with the principle of your post,although the video of the Fortuner on the news being rolled by a smaller vehicle does show the exception to the rule. 

3 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

So not really a great big truck Practically standard issue in Thailand. Agree with the principle of your post,although the video of the Fortuner on the news being rolled by a smaller vehicle does show the exception to the rule. 

There's an element of luck to everything in life, an asteroid could fall and hit my house as I'm typing th

7 hours ago, webfact said:

No matter how well you drive on Thai roads... the Grim Reaper awaits

Unless the Government get Serious and make the cops enforce the laws 24/7/365 nothing will ever change. just an other day trying to get the Gold Medal for the most Killed people on the road.  ????

58 minutes ago, rossco1 said:

So slap on wrist for Bus driver don't do it again

I read and please tell me if wrong but ZERO Alcohol is expectable  

Now he is a Bus Driver YOUR Mother Father Brother Sister Children take buses I'm sure

So stop the BS make people Accountable for there ACTIONS  

The people in charge don't ride buses they are chofered

Archived