BANGKOK
Cheesekraft

Chiang Mai Air Quality & Pollution

What apps do you guys use to check the air pollution in your area? I have mainly used AirVisual and the page aqicn.org and they show quite similar levels. However my gf is using an app called AirCMI and the values there are much lower than in any of the other that I mentioned....any idea how it can be so different?

10 hours ago, Cristiancjb said:

What apps do you guys use to check the air pollution in your area? I have mainly used AirVisual and the page aqicn.org and they show quite similar levels. However my gf is using an app called AirCMI and the values there are much lower than in any of the other that I mentioned....any idea how it can be so different?

Gov sponsored app? 😀

14 hours ago, Cristiancjb said:

airvisual and aqicn do show AQI.

aircmi shows µg/m3 concentration of pm2.5.

just google to find out the different!

https://airnow.gov/index.cfm?action=airnow.calculator

1234.png

2345.png

I pay attention to 2.5 levels....this is the size reaching your lungs and not passing through the sacs...

2 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

I pay attention to 2.5 levels....this is the size reaching your lungs and not passing through the sacs...

Exactly.  2.5 levels made up of bushfire smoke and dust are nowhere near the harmful levels of nano, or sub 2.5ppm particles, found near busy roads or industrial centres like Kandur, India. The Nano particles DO pass thru onto blood stream.

Far too much emphasis and journalistic <deleted> is spent on reporting CM 2.5 smoke and dust haze. 

• Confused 1

AQI is 800 (EIGHT hundred) now, outside my window, near Kad Suan Kaew and Old Town in Chiang Mai now, Sun Mar 29, 2020 at 7:55 AM.  

The numbers on aqicn.org, are way off, are way below the actual.  

As the day progresses, however, and as the super-thick clouds of smoke dissipates, the numbers given on aqicn.org will start to align with those of my high-quality AQI meter, but only when the numbers get to around 200-300, or maybe 300-400.  But when the smoke thickens and the AQI is over 300 and/or 400, then the numbers on aqicn.org "mysteriously" say in the 300-400 range rather than what they *should* be doing: climbing higher and higher, even (the other day) to 999. 

• Like 1