Chiang Mai Air Quality and Pollution

Cheesekraft

If you Google Chiang Mai pollution 2007 you'll see cmu papers on this subject that talk about how severe the problem was at the time. I'm away from my house at present so am unable to link them.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Mike Lister said:

I also left cm in 2007 because of poor air quality, went to Phuket. Do you remember the swedish air force poster who used to champion the clean air cause at the time?

I do remember him.

I did meet him on quite a few Thai Visa get togethers  lovely guy ,but can't remember his name....shame

• Thanks 1

Quite a few places over 200 today.

Chiang Mai fighting to get to that number one spot again!

A little more uncontrolled and un- monitored burning and we can do it again!

Isn't this slash and burn an offence against some law in Thailand? Enforce the law! At gunpoint if necessary.

But the problem could be the futility of it not being an international endeavor. I recall when doing video work at the US southern border. US laws were useless if Mexico continued its industrial pollution.

Edited by HermesHermes

9 hours ago, Tarteso said:

Paradise or Hell ?

What a shame of Country. !!

everyone who lives in the north knows it is a "f......" hell ... the north has this situation since many years, which is a disgrace to all people who have no choice but to live in this circumstance ...

breathable air should be a human right!

• Agree 1

On 3/16/2024 at 7:46 PM, HermesHermes said:

Just got a refund of the rail ticket I bought less than two hours ago. Only 30% refunded.

But my health is worth more.

Where, pray tell, is your point of origination?  Bangkok, by chance?

Because the air in Bangkok has been significantly worse than the air in Chiang Mai for the last four days.

20 minutes ago, TheAppletons said:

Where, pray tell, is your point of origination?  Bangkok, by chance?

Because the air in Bangkok has been significantly worse than the air in Chiang Mai for the last four days.

please report back in an other four days about the chiang mai air quality ... i am pretty sure the air will unhealthy again ... and it will be this way at least till the next rain in a few weeks time ...

• Sad 1