BANGKOK
Cheesekraft

Chiang Mai Air Quality & Pollution

On 12/23/2019 at 11:06 PM, Genmai said:

They’re fully aware of their actions. They simply don’t give a ****

This.

9 minutes ago, dcnx said:

No, they tell you they care about it. If they cared they would do something about it, be it protests, or helping to educate people on different methods. 

Doing nothing is the same as not caring. It’s just lip service otherwise.

In the rural around where I live, there is trash collection, recycling, no burning in the smoky season by 90+% of the people.  So they are doing something since these represent change from 20 years ago.

2 hours ago, dcnx said:
On 12/18/2019 at 7:15 AM, Dante99 said:

Your suggestion that nobody cares about the burning is uninformed.  There are a lot of Thais who care about it.

No, they tell you they care about it. If they cared they would do something about it, be it protests, or helping to educate people on different methods. 

Doing nothing is the same as not caring. It’s just lip service otherwise.

It is your incorrect assumption that they are not doing things to improve the situation.  

I have seen people doing positive things for a number of years but I do not live in the city.

Edited by Dante99

Eyes are burning today, first time in about 7 months.

I have a feeling the smoke will clear and we can breathe again around June.

• Like 2

how selfish, you would have thought they would have waited for high season to end..

it's only 5 days away after all :cheesy:

They have been burning since a week or two already, but only at night, every morning i could smell the smoke and according to my PM2.5 meter the AQI was 170+, but over the day this cleared up and the air was ok.

Today they have been burning all day, so the AQI was like this all day long. Maybe the police is in new year holiday now, so they are not afraid even a little bit?

• Thanks 1

On 12/25/2019 at 4:23 PM, Dante99 said:

It is your incorrect assumption that they are not doing things to improve the situation.  

I have seen people doing positive things for a number of years but I do not live in the city.

I have no doubt there are some people peeing in the wind, but at scale nothing is being done. It’s getting worse, not better.

Its December and it’s 160. Last year was one of the worst in recorded history. CM is usually within the top 20 most polluted cities on the planet, sometimes making it to the top 5.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Forza2002 said:

image.png.92c44db4f2a3cc9b2e49239b3665c009.png

This is great. I’ve been looking forward to wearing a mask during cold season and now I can. Thailand never disappoints.

• Thanks 1