Throw thieving foreigners in jail, says fed up Phi Phi shopkeeper: "That'll teach 'em!"

webfact

38 minutes ago, robblok said:

That is what you think they are just companies and cheating them is as bad as cheating other people. Its just low so people who think its ok to cheat a bank or an insurance company.

I guess you were never taught that stealing is wrong period. If you don't want to do business with a bank or an insurer that is your prerogative but cheating and stealing from them is wrong. 

As a business owner myself I hate the mentality that you show, too many people think its ok to steal and cheat businesses. 

Did I say it was OK to cheat insurance companies or banks? I did mention about we, I should have said people, when mentioning defrauding, not we. 

I most certainly do not think it is OK to steal from or cheat businesses. But I will admit if any business stole from me, I mean steal, not overcharge, then I would try to get back what they stole from me, although I would complain about it first and give them the chance to put things right.

On 12/31/2019 at 8:56 AM, RotMahKid said:

Let's do the same with Thai People! Thailand is not going to discriminate foreigners right? Oops they already do!

You right!

Not easy to be foreigners in Thailand. Here i special thinking on bills to government hospital. General they are more expensive end private hospital!

• Sad 1

On 12/31/2019 at 12:34 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

I'm in two minds about this. On the one hand, theft is bad, but on the other the shopkeeper is part of the people that ruined Phi Phi, so I'd be happy if he and all his compatriots went broke and had to leave the island.

First time I went to Phi Phi there wasn't much there in the way of a town, shops etc, and it was FANTASTIC. Such a wonderful place. Now, because of all the building it's ruined. Such a shame to ruin paradise for greed.

Big Yellow Taxi song could have been written for what happened to Phi Phi.

They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot
With a pink hotel, a boutique
And a swinging hot spot

Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got til its gone
They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot

Same with Koh Samui. I remember when there was 2 songthaews on the entire island. You could go out all day and not see a car on the dirt roads that traversed the island. Only paved roads were at the main port town. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/31/2019 at 3:34 AM, Aussiepeter said:

It is nine months since I was in LOS and that is obviously too long, as the first thing I did when I saw this story was to blow up the page to view the "female" foreign shoplifter - has anyone else done this ? She looks like an 18 gallon beer keg sitting on two tree stumps ! Thank goodness for Thai ladies, including the missus who at 48 is still a thousand times more attractive than this petty thief. Even with alcohol being included, I doubt her chances of scoring a date in LOS any time soon. Reminds me of the time a girl in a pub in London, when I rejected her advances said "you are drunk"  - to which I replied, "yes and you are ugly, but tomorrow I'll be sober." Happy New Year all on TV.

Oh dear, thrre you go pick pocketing Winston Churchill's dinner lines.

• Haha 1

On 12/31/2019 at 10:34 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

I'm in two minds about this. On the one hand, theft is bad, but on the other the shopkeeper is part of the people that ruined Phi Phi, so I'd be happy if he and all his compatriots went broke and had to leave the island.

First time I went to Phi Phi there wasn't much there in the way of a town, shops etc, and it was FANTASTIC. Such a wonderful place. Now, because of all the building it's ruined. Such a shame to ruin paradise for greed.

Big Yellow Taxi song could have been written for what happened to Phi Phi.

They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot
With a pink hotel, a boutique
And a swinging hot spot

Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got til its gone
They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot

Actually, Big Yellow Taxi was written about Hawaii.

On 12/31/2019 at 9:05 AM, ezzra said:

Every merchant and shop owner know how or should know how to factor losses and damages into the item or product price, there are shoplifters all over the world and no one end up in jail, cost of doing business...

A considerable number of retail businesses all over the world employ security guards and advertise that shoplifters i.e thieves will be prosecuted.

Guess you didn't see those.

omg there are actual ppl here using some kind of semi reasoning including blaming the shop owner to say it aint that bad.

Stealing in yr own country is bad enough but in someone elses country??? while on holiday???

JAIL AND NAME AND SHAME THE FOREIGN THIEVES ON LOCAL MEDIA.

On 12/31/2019 at 10:34 AM, Aussiepeter said:

It is nine months since I was in LOS and that is obviously too long, as the first thing I did when I saw this story was to blow up the page to view the "female" foreign shoplifter - has anyone else done this ? She looks like an 18 gallon beer keg sitting on two tree stumps ! Thank goodness for Thai ladies, including the missus who at 48 is still a thousand times more attractive than this petty thief. Even with alcohol being included, I doubt her chances of scoring a date in LOS any time soon. Reminds me of the time a girl in a pub in London, when I rejected her advances said "you are drunk"  - to which I replied, "yes and you are ugly, but tomorrow I'll be sober." Happy New Year all on TV.

The old ones are the best, I thought Winston Churchill was dead as that was a quote of his 75 years ago.

4 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

Winston Churchill's put down for being criticised for being drunk. Quite clever, but not entirely pleasant.

I've always liked Lady Asquith's quip about his World War One history..

"Winston has just written four volumes about himself and called it 'The World Crisis'."

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Haha 1

not right stealing from anyone Poor shop keeper 

Well maybe people so sick of being ripped off too maybe not right for him 

but maybe people are just feed up with being ripped off hand over fist and he got the brunt of it 

Why buy anything in Thailand, luxury I can get tax free in Singapore with guaranteed quality / Thai fake / —— everything else I can get in Burma or Cambodia - 50% ... Elephant trousers are actually cheaper in Berlin, Germany than they are from these mafia criminal shops... and I have proof ... this guy is talking BS, 1 white to 100 Thai crims from his shop, where is that video! focus is on one person with a 1 dollar fake hat... stupid reporting as the shop owner should be arrested for product copyright theft... as he has benefited more for his fake hats and apparal 

Edited by fraggleRock
  • Like 2

On 12/31/2019 at 4:34 PM, Aussiepeter said:

Winston Churchill said that to Bessie Braddock.

so a picture of someone looking at cloths does not mean shop lifting 

Is there evidence that  this person took something if so hands up shop lifter 

however if just a picture of someone looking at cloths and now branded as a shop lifter I would get a lawyer accusing someone of a crime is declamatory and she could sue your ass  

10 thefts over a year ain't bad.say 10 x500b and he's been compensated on some of them.bb caps are next to nothing.ive had two thais crash into my parked pcx (solly I have no money,only cost me 9,200b) Isuzu rear light unit maybe 2,000b and done a runner.

i say hang them high so thais can learn a lesson too.

6 hours ago, rossco1 said:

however if just a picture of someone looking at cloths and now branded as a shop lifter I would get a lawyer accusing someone of a crime is declamatory and she could sue your ass  

Video is a lot different than a picture. The shop keeper is pointing at the video of a bad tourist. 

im sure the shopkeeper rips of every foreighner that waks in to his shop and with his silly attitude that hes a victim of a 20 baht cap theft and his racist views of farang 

no wonder thailand is empty as for the girl she may have forgotten to take the hat off and she may return with the payment lol

5 minutes ago, peterwinnh said:

im sure the shopkeeper rips of every foreighner that waks in to his shop and with his silly attitude that hes a victim of a 20 baht cap theft and his racist views of farang 

no wonder thailand is empty as for the girl she may have forgotten to take the hat off and she may return with the payment lol

and pigs may fly

On 1/2/2020 at 5:24 AM, rossco1 said:

You didn't see the cap ??

Or maybe you didn't read the OP ? :whistling:

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Its a Big joke really anybody that steps onto that island is getting ripped off big time even 7/11 increase their prices how about we stop all farangs going to Phi Phi? 

Phi Phi died when they rebuilt the same <deleted><deleted> that was there before the tsunami and went on to really destroy it. Only tourists fooled by travel agent's glossy magazines would like the place now, IMO.

On 1/8/2020 at 7:57 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Phi Phi died when they rebuilt the same <deleted><deleted> that was there before the tsunami and went on to really destroy it. Only tourists fooled by travel agent's glossy magazines would like the place now, IMO.

Phi Phi  died long before the big T, it was festering prior,  and with attention, its what it is today.............  Even the T didnt stop it.   Cleaned out a few rats maybe,n but they are back too.

On 12/31/2019 at 10:34 AM, Aussiepeter said:

Good to see another Churchill fan. ????