Alcohol, drugs and driving continue to wreak havoc on Thailand’s roads

webfact

4 hours ago, mikebell said:

I am familiar with UK police procedures, having lived there for 62 years.  I thought we were discussing the lack of active police in Chonburi whose only duty is to relieve drivers of money on some pretext?

Mike bell - it is obviously hrdly worth pointing out that it is a response to YOUR post about driving in the UK and your lack of understanding of the comparative roles of police in road safety....thus why it is so poor in Thailand.

"When I drive in UK, I am cautious as I know speed cameras; police patrols will often discover miscreants. "

19 hours ago, Airbagwill said:

Mike bell - it is obviously hrdly worth pointing out that it is a response to YOUR post about driving in the UK and your lack of understanding of the comparative roles of police in road safety....thus why it is so poor in Thailand.

"When I drive in UK, I am cautious as I know speed cameras; police patrols will often discover miscreants. "

I see.  But my point was that effective policing helps lower the accident rate and therefore the next step in my reasoning was Pattaya Plod do not do this but merely collect money from stationary vehicles making no attempt to stop speedsters/red light runners and weavers.

19 hours ago, Airbagwill said:

I'm surprised you don't understand that citing your limited personal experience has very little value.

If I am stopped 50% of my four days every week for driving with a white face it is hardly limited.  By visiting soi 9 and watching the amount of cash being collected any hour  (they are open even from 12 - 1pm) from hundreds of law breakers it is not only personal to me.

So I ask again how efficient is this racist policy effective in lowering the death toll on the 2nd most dangerous roads in Thailand?

If I am stopped 50% of my four days every week for driving with a white face it is hardly limited.  By visiting soi 9 and watching the amount of cash being collected any hour  (they are open even from 12 - 1pm) from hundreds of law breakers it is not only personal to me.

So I ask again how efficient is this racist policy effective in lowering the death toll on the 2nd most dangerous roads in Thailand?

The fact you see things in terms of race further shows how little value your observations have. You are clearly not in position to form any objective ideas about what is happening on Thai roads and road safety.

I see.  But my point was that effective policing helps lower the accident rate and therefore the next step in my reasoning was Pattaya Plod do not do this but merely collect money from stationary vehicles making no attempt to stop speedsters/red light runners and weavers.

I think you need to rd up on my posts and road safety in general. At present, you are not making logical/ reasoned conclusions about road safety in Thailand

20 hours ago, Airbagwill said:

The fact you see things in terms of race further shows how little value your observations have. You are clearly not in position to form any objective ideas about what is happening on Thai roads and road safety.

Will, we are have a debate about road safety.  It is hard to remain objective about this given my experiences of Pattaya policing.  Objectively would you agree that the the casualties are among the worst in the world?  That Chonburi's figures are 2nd worst in Thailand?  What does this say about Pattaya police?

What is your view on the effectiveness of road blocks?  Do they, in any way, reduce the road kill?

Is the deployment of 20+ road safety 'officers' at one spot efficient use of man-power in saving lives?

If I am pulled over 50% of my journeys are the 'officers' discriminating against Hondas or because they can see my face through an undarkened windscreen?

Rather than merely denigrate me for my opinions, please answer the above seven questions.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2020 at 9:18 AM, mikebell said:

Will, we are have a debate about road safety.  It is hard to remain objective about this given my experiences of Pattaya policing.  Objectively would you agree that the the casualties are among the worst in the world?  That Chonburi's figures are 2nd worst in Thailand?  What does this say about Pattaya police?

What is your view on the effectiveness of road blocks?  Do they, in any way, reduce the road kill?

Is the deployment of 20+ road safety 'officers' at one spot efficient use of man-power in saving lives?

If I am pulled over 50% of my journeys are the 'officers' discriminating against Hondas or because they can see my face through an undarkened windscreen?

Rather than merely denigrate me for my opinions, please answer the above seven questions.

3 or 4 false syllogisms in a row, 7 according to the author- QED

Edited by Airbagwill
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, Airbagwill said:

3 or 4 false syllogisms in a row, 7 according to the author- QED

'a kind of logical argument that applies deductive reasoning to arrive at a conclusion based on two or more propositions that are asserted or assumed to be true.'

From your (lack of) answer to my questions, I deduce you have none.

Which of my assertions are assumed to be true?  Thai casualty figures v the rest of the world; Chonburi figures v the rest of Thailand; road blocks and effectiveness in reducing figures;  7 ??????? but no answer = fail.

Quod Erat Demonstrandum

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, mikebell said:

'a kind of logical argument that applies deductive reasoning to arrive at a conclusion based on two or more propositions that are asserted or assumed to be true.'

From your (lack of) answer to my questions, I deduce you have none.

Which of my assertions are assumed to be true?  Thai casualty figures v the rest of the world; Chonburi figures v the rest of Thailand; road blocks and effectiveness in reducing figures;  7 ??????? but no answer = fail.

Quod Erat Demonstrandum

Bear in mind that some people are full of themselves, think they know all the answers, continually present the same thing over and over as if they are the authority on the subject, never directly answer a question, and delight in putting down any one who has the temerity to question their comment/s. 

Seems the best approach is to ignore the comments as do the majority of posters who contribute on this subject.

• Like 1