What's with Classifieds here?

Formaleins

I don't peruse the classifieds any more since I don't currently live in Thailand.  But years ago when I did, there were ads that were 2-3 years old.  So I'm not sure having fewer ads is a bad thing. 

A well run classified section will cut the ads off after some period of time, say 14 or 30 days.  If the item is still available, all the seller has to do is re-post it.  Takes just a minute and keeps the section clear of items belonging to people who repatriated over a year ago.  Which used to be pretty common.

Plus, it forces the seller to re-think pricing if their goodies haven't sold at their price level.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

On 12/31/2019 at 8:09 PM, impulse said:

I don't peruse the classifieds any more since I don't currently live in Thailand.  But years ago when I did, there were ads that were 2-3 years old.  So I'm not sure having fewer ads is a bad thing. 

A well run classified section will cut the ads off after some period of time, say 14 or 30 days.  If the item is still available, all the seller has to do is re-post it.  Takes just a minute and keeps the section clear of items belonging to people who repatriated over a year ago.  Which used to be pretty common.

Plus, it forces the seller to re-think pricing if their goodies haven't sold at their price level.

That's how it works. It says how long before it expires, starting with 30 days. 

After 30 days, it's removed from the list.

It seems to have some problem. When I click "POST AN AD", I'm taken to this page:

https://classifieds.thaivisa.com/post-ad 

...where I get this message: 

POST AN AD

Warning! You are not logged in! You can still post an ad, but you will not be able to edit / change it later!
For a better control over your ads, please register first! To register, click here
Registration is free, quick and unique on the entire Thaivisa.com portal!   

So Classifieds wants a separate login. It is not registering that I'm logged in with my forum

account, and there is no clear option to log in, only register. Solution is to go to the "My Account", 

located on the green line above the "POST AN AD" message. You are then asked if you want

to use your forum account to log in to Classifieds. Do that, and the message above goes away.

So this login option needs to be moved to the "POST AN AD" page here: 

(or even better, just make it use the forum account)

https://classifieds.thaivisa.com/post-ad 

I have no idea if this confusion is the reason there are so few ads. I'm also pretty sure

nobody messed this up on purpose, but someone needs to fix it.  

Cheers ????

Edited by Eagleizer
Typo

• 2 weeks later...

image.png.29bf4b69b27bf930495b4bc30d30532d.png

This is still showing as an AD.

Clicking on it opens classifieds.thaivisa.com in a new tap however empty page.

Browser says: ' Hmm. We’re having trouble finding that site.

We can’t connect to the server at classifieds.thaivisa.com. '

Suggestion for the webmaster:

* delete this useless ad, saves the bit bandwidth and 'fake promises' , do the same with the tab on the main page.

or

* make a redirection from classifieds.thaivisa.com to https://forum.thaivisa.com/forum/8-free-classifieds-for-salefor-rentwanted/ which is still 'life'

On forum.thaivisa.com it is gone.

On the main page www.thaivisa.com it is still there, and bigger.

Did a refresh (deleted old cached page) and it is still there, and now an annoying popup that I have an ad-blocker. Pops for 3 seconds before he detect that TV is whitelisted.  Some detection algorithm is not well designed.