Welcome to New Members 2020

Hello and Happy New Year!  Long time lurker and I think I may have signed up at one time but never posted.   Just finished my second scouting trip to Thailand, this time to Chiang Mai arriving and departing from Bangkok.  Last year I visited Samui, and in prior years made annual trips to various locations in the Philippines from 2007 - 2017.  Am planning to retire in not so many years, splitting time between the Philippines and Thailand (shifting visa landscape permitting), and various European locations, after downsizing in the U.S.  Have read lots of helpful information on the forum and hope to reach a point where I can contribute.   I've enjoyed Thailand thus far, friendly people, great food, warm climate and it seems more civilized and definitely more developed than the Philippines overall.

Edited by ChrisP24

Thanks for the invite.  Finally joined after lurking these last few years.  First came to Thailand over 40 years ago, but increasingly only in last five years.  Mainly to see Thai GF.  Hope to relocate soon, at least for partial years.  Would like to buy condo or villa but worried about future flooding projections.  Happy New Year!  Hope to be able to contribute half as much as I've learned.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi , and thanks for this forum.   I have been lurking around here for the last year or so , and have got plenty of good info from this forum ( and a tad of negativity from the haters! ) .

I have a Thai partner, and we have already built our house in Kanchanaburi. I have been like a fifo for the last 2 years, a month here , and back to Oz for work for a month.  I was due to retire and move to Thailand in July , and should be there now, but couldn’t take my flight on March 31 because I could not get the insurance required by the Thai authorities - 100k US cover against Covid19 - is there such a thing?!

Anyway - after we sit out the Covid19 shutdown in Australia, we will return to Thailand to recommence our lives.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

New member here. Visited this site from time to time over the years but never signed up. Living in Arizona. Looking to retire to Thailand in the next few years so interested in staying apprised of what’s going on. Been happily married to a Thai lady for the past 12 years. 

• 2 weeks later...