What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2020)

3 hours ago, faraday said:

Just looked at the cast of Dracula - kind of proves my point, that the beeb represent everyone & everything.

Or am I just too cynical...? ????

IMG_20200102_082338.png

Yes, I think they covered all bases.

I thought Dracula was worth a watch.  maybe 7/10.  Not great, not first season of Game of Thrones level.....but usually it's 100% garbage Dracula stuff and I thought some of the acting wasn't bad.  it's free....  and it got me to read Bram Stoker's book, so that's something.

this one is interesting.....very bi-polar reviews.  i'll watch episode 2 and maybe i'll see the light.  

• Like 1

Pretty slim pickings as far as decent new movie releases go, but there's always a plethora of low budget horror movies available. Who is the target market for all that rubbish, stoners who live in front of the TV?

• Like 1

New series started: The Gloaming

Scandi style murder mystery set in Tasmania...liking it so far.

Also a fascinating doco called Root Cause that draws puts forward

some compelling evidence to suggest that dental hygiene can be

linked to many chronic diseases of the heart, kidneys, MS etc etc.

The only time a surgeon leaves dead tissue in the body is during dental

surgery...thats the starting point of the hypothesis.

Edited by JHolmesJr
  • Thanks 2

On 12/31/2019 at 9:29 AM, sanuk711 said:

image.png.7158f14cb66a967effc9222a7200483f.png

Thanks for that list. :thumbsup:

I started watching The Witcher last night and both the missus and I found it both visually appealing and entertaining.

We got through the first 4 episodes already.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

Season 6 of Power has just been released, IMO this is a very entertaining and engaging show although perhaps it's not for those who prefer their cast to be whiter than white.

Nice.

I really enjoy this one.

Seems they have a break over Xmas and release it in 2 parts.

Episode 10 aired in November and it restarts today for the last 5 shows.

I like to binge watch this one.

• Like 1

White House Farm

New 6 part series starting this week.
Anything with Stephen Graham in is worth a look.

Summary: One fateful night in August 1985 five members of the same family were murdered at an Essex farmhouse.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Will27 said:

White House Farm

New 6 part series starting this week.
Anything with Stephen Graham in is worth a look.

Summary: One fateful night in August 1985 five members of the same family were murdered at an Essex farmhouse.

Sounds interesting, thanks. You were right to pick up on my slip-up re S6 of Power, I forgot that they held over a few episodes from last year. Split seasons seem to be on the increase lately.

Did anyone hear that the new season of Better Call Saul is due to air in March? I for one am quite excited about that, one of my favourites.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Will27 said:

Thanks for that will27, didn't know it was out. In the 50s I lived quite close to that village.

I would like to say something about police stitch ups--but do not want to post a spoiler for anyone watching it

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Thanks for that will27, didn't know it was out. In the 50s I lived quite close to that village.

I would like to say something about police stitch ups--but do not want to post a spoiler for anyone watching it

I've never heard of it TBH.

Looking forward to it though.

Documentary - Colin Hay - Waiting For My Real Life

I'm not what you'd call a big Men At Work fan, but this is a really good doco.

Colin Hay - Waiting For My Real Life' is the story of singer-songwriter Colin Hay, former front-man of Men At Work. We follow Hay from his earliest days in Scotland, through his family's emigration to Australia, to the massive, worldwide success of his band, to the depths of addiction and failure, to a slow climb back up the ladder seeking relevance, artistic freedom and ultimately, transcendence.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

Sounds interesting, thanks. You were right to pick up on my slip-up re S6 of Power, I forgot that they held over a few episodes from last year. Split seasons seem to be on the increase lately.

Did anyone hear that the new season of Better Call Saul is due to air in March? I for one am quite excited about that, one of my favourites.

Better Call Saul season 5 will be released on Netflix (UK) 24 Feb.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

yes i remember it Jeramy Bamber,still in prison for it , agree about stitch ups.

Back to a new year of <deleted> TV!

A new series of SAS Who dares wins started last night.

I binged in Messiah, it was OK, I think it may have potential in the Second series.

I hope Ozark returns soon.

The informer, worth a watch

16 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

I lived near Tolleshunt d’arcy too .. on the Goldhanger road .. 

I will check it.

Edited by recom273

The Scotts

Started yesterday New BBC comedy series (Yes that's how they have spelt it---and no I didn't write whats below just pasted from the site.)...You may need subs

"Comedy pilot shadowing a 'typical' Scottish family. As they say, blood is thicker than water -- and no one is thicker than the Scotts.

• Thanks 1

Tv series - The Twelve AKA De Twaalf

Enjoyed the first 2 episodes.

All 10 shows with hard coded subs are on TPB.

Summary: Twelve ordinary people are called for jury duty for a murder case as traumatizing as it is controversial: the respected headmistress Fri Palmers stands accused of two murders, one of whom is her own child. Gradually, as the trial gains momentum, it is not only Fri's fate that hangs in the balance, but also the lives of the jury members that are shaken to the core. Each jury member reacts based on his or her own personal scars and life experience. It is up to them to decide on the guilt or the innocence of this broken woman on trial.