What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2020)

1 hour ago, Logosone said:

Watched all episodes of Mindhunter. An excruciatingly slow series, that lives of its supposed real life details and it does stay true to the book in many areas. However, Ann Burgess, who is very much heterosexual with a husband and children and a nursing academic, was turned into a lesbian. You see this a lot now of course, we had South Park's Token, but now it's lesbians and gays that apparently have to be included in many series. Anyway, despite this peculiar violation of its real life credentials I stayed with Mindhunter, but wish I hadn't. A slow and bleak  series, avoid.

Now watching Cobra Kai, which is unbelievably stupid and poorly written. I should have learned my lesson when Will Smith's kid ruined one of the greatest films of the 80s, but could not resist a sequel to Karate Kid. It's really awful unfortunately.

You have been warned.

I thought both series of Mindhunter were superb.

With an IMDB rating of 8.6, seems I'm not the only one who rated it.

• Like 1
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Season 4 of Fargo has just started.      

Ozark   Series 1-3 available with subs from RARBG   https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5071412/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0   The Byrdes and their teenage kids, Charlotte and Jonah, are, for

This is a little off Topic again---apologies to all----- another great Free E-book site Z Library, they have over 5 million books which they put out in all formats MOBI--EPUB  etc   & 77 mill

Posted Images

Documentary - Inside Broodmoor: Criminally Insane

Part 1 available now.

Summary:  two-part documentary special marks the 150th anniversary of Broadmoor, home to Britain's most notorious killers. With exclusive and unprecedented access to Broadmoor’s archives, this film unfolds the extraordinary history of the world’s most famous and feared hospital. Why was it originally created, and what has it become?

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Will27 said:

I thought both series of Mindhunter were superb.

With an IMDB rating of 8.6, seems I'm not the only one who rated it.

No, it's a widely held view, 98% on Rotten Tomatoes, like Cobra Kai has 94% on RT as well.

Then again Take That and BTS are super popular.

Personally I found Mindhunter excruciatingly slow. And Cobra Kai's writing almost embarassing.

What a difference to quality series like Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, Dexter or GOT.

The Sounds

New Kiwi series just started.

Summary: Maggie and Tom Cabbott move to the town of Pelorus to escape the oppressive influence of Tom's family.

But when he disappears, unsettling facts about Tom soon come to light and the search brings long-buried wounds to the surface.

3 minutes ago, Logosone said:

No, it's a widely held view, 98% on Rotten Tomatoes, like Cobra Kai has 94% on RT as well.

Then again Take That and BTS are super popular.

Personally I found Mindhunter excruciatingly slow. And Cobra Kai's writing almost embarassing.

What a difference to quality series like Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, Dexter or GOT.

Cobra Kai is not my thing so I haven't seen it.

Same as GOT and Walking Dead.

Enjoyed Dexter and BB.

Each to their own I guess.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Cobra Kai is not my thing so I haven't seen it.

Same as GOT and Walking Dead.

Enjoyed Dexter and BB.

Each to their own I guess.

I don't like sword and sorely and mystical stuff either

11 hours ago, Nout said:

Just finished Get Shorty TV series 1-3..Brilliant.

Definitely one of the better ones. Have recommended it before but no one seemed to pick up on it.

• Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Need to be careful when downloading as there is also a UK series of the same name from a couple of years ago

Raised by wolves.

Sadly another woke PoS ......... multicultural children and strong female androids with magical abilities.

The male android being portrayed as a bit weak & stupid, because as everyone knows, men are weak & stupid.

Watched all three episodes, it didn't get any better, just sillier.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Raised by wolves.

Sadly another woke PoS ......... multicultural children and strong female androids with magical abilities.

The male android being portrayed as a bit weak & stupid, because as everyone knows, men are weak & stupid.

Watched all three episodes, it didn't get any better, just sillier.

Directed by Ridley Scott with a 8.7 review rating, can't be that bad, but I haven't watched it yet.

• CharlieH locked and unpinned this topic